Author Topic: Celebrity Family Feud 6/26/16  (Read 5676 times)

Offline BD

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Celebrity Family Feud 6/26/16
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2016, 04:44:39 PM »
Hilarious reactions. You guys know what Steve Harvey's Feud has been known for over the past 3-4 years, complained about it, but yet still thought they were going to turn it down a notch even though this is a prime time version of the show?  :oldlol:

No one is forcing you to watch it.

Online PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2016, 10:19:35 PM »

Steve HArvey is a co-XP/lead question writer.  Has a LOT to do with the show's R-rated turn in recent years.

I wonder if he's the one who approves questions such as "Name the sport with the fattest referees." Yes, officials don't get much respect in sports but subjecting them to fat-shaming is sick and wrong.

Offline jwatson2973

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2016, 10:38:04 PM »
It was cool when Kelly Pickler & Lance Bass did a bump before the first face-off, but somethings went down hill from there. Kelly should just give her answers to the fast money questions instead if wasting time talking.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2016, 04:54:24 PM »
Is he really the "lead" question writer? I see his co-EP title and that's great, but I'd honestly think that was more of a title than a position. That doesn't mean he can't and doesn't do anything with it, but to me it means he still has bosses to work with and answer to.
Based on the clips that are uploaded to YouTube, Steve answers to nobody. The "another word for mother" question shows this, as he gives a contestant multiple chances to answer and eventually opts to just give her a Strike. Further, the length of each taping is essentially determined by him, meaning it generally takes at least an hour to record one episode.

The turn wasn't all Steve really. The show found success in a genuine "dirty" moment and decided to make more of those happen.
Not so much "make" as it is "forced" (nearly every question uploaded by the official YouTube channel can be given a dirty answer), but yes.

Times change, like it or not. Besides, if my memory is right, Feud spun off of Match Game back in the 70s
That it was (specifically, the Super-Match), although I would say the current era takes its cues from the 1998 Match Game.
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline tdawgg3x

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2016, 05:00:44 PM »
Kellie Pickler have transformed Celebrity Family Feud into "USA Up All Night".  Let's hope the next episode is more tamer, humorous and less graphic than the second season debut.
"Help control the virus population, have your hard drives spayed or neutered."

-Nick Roche

Online PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2016, 08:42:10 PM »
"Name a game show that describes you and your wife in the bedroom."

"Newlyweds" was accepted as "The Newlywed Game".

What?

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2016, 11:15:55 PM »
It was reasonable since she said Newlywed. I thought Press Your Luck would've been a good answer for that question haha.

Offline namilliron

• In the Audience
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2016, 11:05:49 AM »
It was reasonable since she said Newlywed. I thought Press Your Luck would've been a good answer for that question haha.

Actually, there was a RD Feud question that asked "What is the one game show title that best describes your love life?"

Top answers were: 

1.  FF
2.  Dream House (mid-80s, hosted be Bob Eubanks, played directly opposite TPIR's 2nd half.  According to series creators, the show is gone forever [master tapes permanently damaged in a 2013 warehouse flood]).
3. PYL
4. LMaD
5. TPiR

Online PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2016, 08:20:51 PM »
"Name something you do in the shower that starts with 'S'". "Shower up" was accepted as "Soap up" when "Shower" was another answer on he board.

Seriously?

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2016, 01:30:13 AM »
"Name something you do in the shower that starts with 'S'". "Shower up" was accepted as "Soap up" when "Shower" was another answer on he board.

Seriously?

I'm with you there Patrick!  :roll:

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2016, 02:46:13 AM »

Seriously?
Personally, I have long since stopped expecting quality from Steve Harvey-era Family Feud.

I would not be surprised if "spouse" was an answer. I would be surprised if the relevant term for "defecation" was on the board, though.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 02:54:04 AM by GuyWithFace »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2016, 08:16:16 AM »
I work a the hospital and that's all you hear from the patients and family members how funny Steve is and his faces.

Oh my gosh, THIS! I work as a night-shift RN and this is all I hear at night. Of course, most patients agree that Richard Dawson is still the best host.
1,685 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline Reloaden

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2016, 12:54:25 PM »
Has every celebrity family won fast money? When i watch Pyramid i always catch the tail end of Feud and it seems like everybody won the prize.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2016, 03:12:38 PM »
Alan Thicke's family did not win on last week's episode, and I know there was a family that lost last summer but I forget which celebrity it was.