Author Topic: Celebrity Family Feud 6/26/16  (Read 5685 times)

Offline PGS25

• In Contestant's Row
Celebrity Family Feud 6/26/16
« on: June 26, 2016, 09:25:10 PM »
Am I the only who felt like taking my hand through the television screen and slap Kellie Pickler?

Offline namilliron

• In the Audience
Re: Celebrity Family Feud 6/26/16
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 10:25:43 PM »
There's a Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader? clip where KP has to be told by the host that Hungary is a country  (KP never heard of the nation before).

Offline leafsfan17

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 11:35:25 PM »
There's a Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader? clip where KP has to be told by the host that Hungary is a country  (KP never heard of the nation before).
::)
Dr. Pepper: Not recommended for Skype chats

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 12:07:39 AM »
::)
She also thought Europe was a country where everyone spoke French.
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Offline david1964

• In the Audience
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 01:03:15 AM »
I felt like taking a cold shower after watching Celebrity Family Feud tonight.  What's up with all the questions about sex?  Geez.  Are a bunch of horny teenage boys writing the questions or something?  Just finished watching all three game shows tonight, and one thing's for sure, if anyone tries to tell me that is family television , they are sorely mistaken.  I think I'll keep my memories of the 70s versions. 

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 01:09:59 AM »
What's up with all the questions about sex?
Same with the daytime version. They've gotta force Youtube moments somehow.
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Offline FamilyFeud1994

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Up for some Bankroll?
    • My Podcast (Drop the Mic)
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 01:39:25 AM »
I felt like taking a cold shower after watching Celebrity Family Feud tonight.  What's up with all the questions about sex?  Geez.  Are a bunch of horny teenage boys writing the questions or something?  Just finished watching all three game shows tonight, and one thing's for sure, if anyone tries to tell me that is family television , they are sorely mistaken.  I think I'll keep my memories of the 70s versions.

For better or for worse, it's been this way on the current run of the show since around 2011 or so. I'm not a big fan of it either.
"YOU ON FAMILY FEUD! THIS AIN'T A COMEDY ROUTINE!"

Perhaps you should practice what you preach, Steve.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2016, 06:25:32 AM »
I turned it off after Ne Ne Leaks wouldn't shake hands with Ernie Hudson. Classless boor.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2016, 07:50:31 AM »
I turned it off after Ne Ne Leaks wouldn't shake hands with Ernie Hudson. Classless boor.

It's bad enough Ne Ne's stinking up To Tell The Truth. If I see her on the other two shows, I won't be tuning into those either.

Also, Kellie Pickler's Fast Money win SHOULDN'T have happened. Steve overruled the show by giving her another chance and it affected the outcome big time.

Offline namilliron

• In the Audience
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2016, 09:42:15 AM »
Same with the daytime version. They've gotta force Youtube moments somehow.

Steve HArvey is a co-XP/lead question writer.  Has a LOT to do with the show's R-rated turn in recent years.

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2016, 10:19:49 AM »
1. I wouldn't say that Feud has gone R-Rated...maybe PG-13. Still jarring though. And remember, the show has occasionally had questions dealing with Sex and body Parts throughout its long run.

2. It's for charity. They're trying to give away money.

3. Nene should stick to Price is right. She's ok on TTTT.

4. As for appropriateness, Pyramid was fine. Match Game was actually tamer than Feud, and...IT AIRED AT 10 PM! Why is there an obsession with parts of the fandom of "game shows MUST be family appropriate" when many of the shows in their original forms also pushed the envelope?

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2016, 01:58:25 PM »
Oh come on. I don't think she really meant that. And if it makes you feel any better they were pretty much swept after that question.

Steve HArvey is a co-XP/lead question writer.  Has a LOT to do with the show's R-rated turn in recent years.
Is he really the "lead" question writer? I see his co-EP title and that's great, but I'd honestly think that was more of a title than a position. That doesn't mean he can't and doesn't do anything with it, but to me it means he still has bosses to work with and answer to.

The turn wasn't all Steve really. The show found success in a genuine "dirty" moment and decided to make more of those happen. If anything had to do with the turn of tone it is the people who sop this stuff up like gravy to a biscuit. If it didn't work, I'd bet they'd ease off, but to actually build up an audience and actually threaten Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy, something I certainly thought I'd never see until Pat, Vanna, and Alex hung it up, is nothing short of remarkable.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2016, 03:26:21 PM »
Also, Kellie Pickler's Fast Money win SHOULDN'T have happened. Steve overruled the show by giving her another chance and it affected the outcome big time.

Maybe they just thought it looked better since the winnings are going to charities?

Offline Reloaden

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2016, 03:50:50 PM »
I was more excited about Pyramid and Match Game, i knew Family Feud would be a hot mess and decided to skip it. The average viewer likes FF because of Steve's reactions to the dirty answers. I work a the hospital and that's all you hear from the patients and family members how funny Steve is and his faces. Then the random nick names for the word penis its just not funny.

Pyramid and Match Game was both good shows. I like the panel they had on Match Game they were great. I hope they syndicate both shows for the fall i would be happy.

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2016, 04:11:30 PM »

Times change, like it or not. Besides, if my memory is right, Feud spun off of Match Game back in the 70s