Author Topic: 7645K - 10/14/16 Recap  (Read 3800 times)

Offline jaydlewis

• Double Showcase Winner
    • QWIZX.com
7645K - 10/14/16 Recap
« on: October 14, 2016, 12:56:19 PM »
Recap: https://goo.gl/7IhGnS

Quick Take
Pick-A-Number - Loss
Make Your Move - Loss
Pocket Change - Loss
One Right Price - Win
One AWay - Loss
Grand Game - Win

TODAY        YEAR
 On Offer:  $132,777   $3,377,860.52+
Total Won:    49,473    1,615,036.21+

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: 7645K - 10/14/16 Recap
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 01:55:18 PM »
.40 is the second-lowest possible final total in Pocket, and I believe a record low. Deplorable playing from start to finish.

I'm surprised all of the last three numbers in OA's correct price were higher. That's won a good chunk of the time, but not today.

Nuts were not good today in advice. What made them so confident in Move that the right answer was wrong? And fell for coffee in Grand, at least the contestant didn't.

Fairly obvious now that Monday's show was inserted with no consideration for the lineup. I had a feeling once cars were 2nd & 6th again on both Monday & Tuesday, but wow, a repeat game should not be happening in October no matter the circumstances.

Worst show of the best week so far, but still a decent affair.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 02:26:22 PM »
Nice win in Grand Game.
The last time the Target price was that high ( Over $8.00 )  , 10/6/2014 ( $11.00 )

.40 is the second-lowest possible final total in Pocket, and I believe a record low.

I looked it up and you're right , it's a record low.
The Previous low was .45 ( Has happened 4 times , last time it happened: March 2016  )

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 04:25:30 PM »
As excited as I am for it, I think we should all be glad FPG didn't start today considering the lineup. Obviously no one was going to choose One Away, and Grand Game and Pocket Change would have likely been sandbags as well.

While Pocket Change had a very unfortunate selection of cards (there was no way someone could have won with those cards unless they played the game perfectly), Robin didn't play it well at all either. $13,000? To quote SuperSweeper in chat, "this ain't a Versa".

The first showcase was puzzling...a Ford Fiesta would have made a lot more sense there, given the theme.

(Also Jay, you accidentally listed 1 Right Price instead of Double Prices) 
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 04:33:16 PM by TPIRFan2000 »
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Offline superballfan

• In the Audience
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 01:16:09 AM »
Did anyone notice the edit on the second big wheel? It happened on the second spin, last contestant.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 01:59:50 AM »
Pocket ¢hange had the potential to be a disaster, what with Robin's disastrous picks and her obvious lack of ability to price cars, but Drew managed to make her bad luck into an event and even turned her into the hero of the hour when she won the Showcase Showdown and ultimately the Showcase.  I was even rooting for her by the end.

I wonder what made them play One Away twice this week.

There is no way Grand Game was supposed to be won.

In case anyone's having trouble keeping track, one month in, there's nine games that haven't been played yet -- Bonus Game, Hi Lo, Shell Game, Ten Chances, Golden Road, Switcheroo, 2 for the Price of 1, Rat Race, and Pay the Rent.  I'm pleasantly surprised there's only one Big 3 on that list.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.