Author Topic: 7824K - 2/21/17 Recap - Celebrity Charity Week: Wilmer Valderrama  (Read 3995 times)

Offline jaydlewis

• Double Showcase Winner
    • QWIZX.com
Wilmer Valderrama playing for Voto Latino

Recap: https://goo.gl/ab7b9c

Quick Take
Grand Game - $100
Switch? - Win
Dice Game - Win
Easy as 1 2 3 - Win
Flip Flop - Loss
Rat Race - Win

TODAY         YEAR
 On Offer:  $174,091+   $18,794,285.24+
Total Won:   130,751      8,258,031.88+

Total to Charity - $157,109

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: 7824K - 2/21/17 Recap - Celebrity Charity Week: Wilmer Valderrama
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 07:19:33 PM »
I can't help but wonder if the way they activate Rat Race, has anything to do with the rats not running, on occasion. As Rachel has to hit a button to release them, if she hits it too hard, does it jostle the way the rats sit in the track? After Drew picked it up, it was clearly wound up and running.
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 07:23:43 PM »
They went all out for Eazy as 1-2-3.
Today's playing had the Most Expensive prize ever offered in this game's History , and the most , in terms of value , in this game's history ( $12,503 )
I'm also assuming the 2nd most expensive prize and the Cheapest prize were also the highest as well ( Based on the Correct Order of the Blocks ) 

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 07:39:02 PM »
So the celebrity doesn't get a bonus spin if they get the dollar? Ok. (That was random, but I expected a bonus spin)
Also, two car wins. That is always useful on weeks like this.

Extra question: What counts toward the celebrity total? I thought that whatever the contestants won + bonus spin was amount given. How is the celeb giving more than the contestants winnings by 25k?
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 08:05:18 PM »
Extra question: What counts toward the celebrity total? I thought that whatever the contestants won + bonus spin was amount given. How is the celeb giving more than the contestants winnings by 25k?

It looks like the figure you're looking at (at the bottom of the recap page?) is the running total for the total amount of money donated throughout the week. So today's figure ($157,109) is today's donated ($83,596) plus Jack on yesterday's ($73,513.)
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 08:41:10 PM »
It looks like the figure you're looking at (at the bottom of the recap page?) is the running total for the total amount of money donated throughout the week. So today's figure ($157,109) is today's donated ($83,596) plus Jack on yesterday's ($73,513.)
Alright, thank you. I misunderstood that.

Because I hate saying thank you without adding something in return, are they beefing up the prizes or making the games a bit easier this week? Yesterday we had a prize package worth the bare minimum ($5,000), so are they offering a decent cash amount to each celebrity?
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline shell_game

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 09:52:52 PM »
I can't help but wonder if the way they activate Rat Race, has anything to do with the rats not running, on occasion. As Rachel has to hit a button to release them, if she hits it too hard, does it jostle the way the rats sit in the track? After Drew picked it up, it was clearly wound up and running.

Or somehow the rats don't glide well enough on the track and they simply get stuck.  It's bad enough that there is a flaw in the game in that the rats might not run.  It's even worse for the host to show that the rat was wound up and running but that the game design somehow prohibited the rat from running.

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 10:04:54 PM »
Man, they did not shoot Rat Race's reveal very clearly. You had to squint very carefully to see the results (Green/Yellow/Orange/Pink/Blue).

Eazy's reveal was one of the most surprising things I've ever seen on the show.

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 10:19:51 PM »
I hate bringing up a negative point, but holy smokes. Wilmer's presentation on the Showcase might be one of the absolute worst things I have ever seen on this show. Barely coherent, barely audible and barely committed. Dreadful.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2017, 11:06:15 PM »
Besides Wilmer's Showcase presentation, I thought he was enjoyable overall. He interacted with the contestants and was into it.

So the celebrity doesn't get a bonus spin if they get the dollar? Ok. (That was random, but I expected a bonus spin)
I think since they made the dollar worth $10,000 for the celebrity spin they don't need to add a bonus spin. It would've just eaten up even more time.

Grand Game was somewhat tricky but I did think the barbecue sauce was the most likely item to avoid along with the medicine. Dak Prescott's barbecue sauce is much cheaper.

Offline GameShowFan1987

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Bob
    • The New Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2017, 11:34:58 PM »
I may have said this before a long time ago but instead of mechanical rats, why not make them electrical like slot cars?  Less likely to malfunction and you can have an assortment of them backstage ready to go so it's not the same set of 5 every time.  Surely they could modify the track to make this work and they could still be activated by pushing a button.

The actual retail price is...

Offline drwhovill

• In the Audience
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2017, 01:05:26 AM »
I did notice one goof. During the explanation to the cntestant and Wilmer during Dice game, Drew stated that the number in the price of the car can't be under 6.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2017, 11:51:59 PM »
So Fez is the all-time champ, as far as celebrity players go? That's awesome! Not to mention that was the first time I've ever seen a celebrity get one dollar on the Wheel! :mrgreen: