Author Topic: Simple Questions & Answers Thread  (Read 259312 times)

Online SamJ93

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Simple Questions & Answers Thread
« Reply #390 on: January 07, 2021, 09:51:37 AM »
It'll take quite a bit of time to sift through all of them, but Jay Lewis maintains an extensive archive of episode recaps here. That's a good starting point.

http://tpirepguide.com/

Offline RatRace10

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #391 on: January 07, 2021, 11:13:49 AM »
Is there a resource where I can find ALL the wheel spin results in one place?  I'm trying to find the total number of (extremely unlucky!) people who have gone over by spinning .05 on their first spin and $1.00 on their second.

I've seen it at least once on Pluto TV

Offline JhayPrice

« Reply #392 on: January 07, 2021, 09:32:05 PM »
Is there any photo of the Credit Card prop anywhere? I'm pretty sure I've never seen it fully on any playing. Wonder if it inspired the Gas Money graphics.

Offline Counterpoint

• In the Audience
« Reply #393 on: January 08, 2021, 06:47:37 AM »
It'll take quite a bit of time to sift through all of them, but Jay Lewis maintains an extensive archive of episode recaps here. That's a good starting point.

http://tpirepguide.com/

Thank you so much!

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #394 on: January 08, 2021, 06:32:10 PM »
Is there any photo of the Credit Card prop anywhere? I'm pretty sure I've never seen it fully on any playing. Wonder if it inspired the Gas Money graphics.

I thought there was a picture of the Credit Card credit card somewhere online, but darned if I can find it.

At any rate, the Gas Money cards took no design inspiration from the Credit Card card.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #395 on: January 08, 2021, 10:23:05 PM »
I thought there was a picture of the Credit Card credit card somewhere online, but darned if I can find it.

I'm pretty sure I know which one you're talking about -- it's the TPIR logo in a different font with the Super Ball!! dollar sign, right?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #396 on: January 08, 2021, 11:25:09 PM »

Offline JhayPrice

« Reply #397 on: January 09, 2021, 12:25:12 AM »
Wow, this now proves the Dec. '07 expiry.  ;) Thanks tpiradam!

Offline newesttpirfan

• Outside in Line
« Reply #398 on: January 09, 2021, 12:27:45 AM »
I looked through the FAQ, but didn't find anything definitive. I know Janice, Dian, Ray Combs, a local CBS news anchor, and a pro golfer have done the inspiration putt in Hole in One besides Bob. Has any other model or guest done the inspiration putt? I feel like some others have, specifically other models.

I know I've seen an episode where kathleen did the putt. Not sure about holly though. I remember cause I don't think Kathleen was expecting it and it was probably her first time, and she seemed pleased to have that opportunity.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #399 on: January 09, 2021, 12:53:25 AM »
I know I've seen an episode where kathleen did the putt. Not sure about holly though. I remember cause I don't think Kathleen was expecting it and it was probably her first time, and she seemed pleased to have that opportunity.
Can't recall when, but I think Phil Wayne did the putt at least once.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #400 on: January 09, 2021, 05:18:17 AM »
Wow, this now proves the Dec. '07 expiry.

Exactly where do you think I got that information?

Offline JhayPrice

« Reply #401 on: January 09, 2021, 05:47:02 AM »
I've just read that info on the Wikia some time before.

Offline MrPlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #402 on: January 09, 2021, 10:55:36 AM »
Did Bob or Drew always know where the two "CAR" cards were on the board in Spelling Bee? But the other placements of letters were random?

Joe

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #403 on: January 09, 2021, 03:48:07 PM »
Did Bob or Drew always know where the two "CAR" cards were on the board in Spelling Bee? But the other placements of letters were random?

Unless things have changed recently, the host has never known where the two CAR cards are located. The producers know, but it's a mystery to the host.

If I remember correctly, when Roger loaded Spelling Bee, he would place all of the single-letter cards randomly. I got to load the board for a while, and I made my own little game out of it. I would place either all of the C cards or all of the A cards in what I thought were the most likely spots -- I wanted to see if I could get a contestant to pick five of the same letter. I never succeeded.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #404 on: January 09, 2021, 04:59:20 PM »
I've just read that info on the Wikia some time before.

Without even looking at that site, I'd be willing to bet that whatever you read there is copy/paste of my FAQ, given that my entire timeline is copied over there.

(As much as that pisses me off, by the way, it turned out to be surprisingly useful while the site was down.)