Author Topic: Has anyone ever met Bob or Drew in reality?  (Read 4825 times)

Offline Plinkomatic

• In Contestant's Row
  • AKA The One Who No One Gets
Has anyone ever met Bob or Drew in reality?
« on: July 30, 2017, 05:08:00 AM »
And I'm not just talking about being on The Price is Right and getting called up. Has anyone ever seen them walking down the street or at an event and called out to them?
You're going to play PLINKOOOOOOOOOOOOO! For a chance to win up to fifty THOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUSAND dollars!

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
Re: Has anyone ever met Bob or Drew in reality?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 10:30:28 AM »
I met Barker behind the scenes at "The Price is Right" in 1997, so I at least got to see him backstage where there were no cameras. He was nice to us, but it was something like meeting royalty.

Never met Drew.
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place

Offline Plinkomatic

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 12:25:56 PM »
I met Barker behind the scenes at "The Price is Right" in 1997, so I at least got to see him backstage where there were no cameras. He was nice to us, but it was something like meeting royalty.

Never met Drew.

Was it before or after a taping?
You're going to play PLINKOOOOOOOOOOOOO! For a chance to win up to fifty THOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUSAND dollars!

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 12:31:58 PM »
Was it before or after a taping?

Before.

Offline The Big Wheel

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 04:30:01 PM »
Patrick, were you not working for a television medium during that time and were there at Television City on assignment?
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it!

Offline Plinkomatic

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 05:54:06 PM »
Before.

You said it was 1997, right? The Price is Right was ending their 25th and going into their 26th. Which season was it that you were there?

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 06:47:15 PM »
Patrick, were you not working for a television medium during that time and were there at Television City on assignment?

That's correct. But the original question didn't seem to list that scenario as a disqualification.
I've never met Barker or Carey on the street, but I certainly didn't meet Barker while being called to come on down as a contestant, so the atmosphere was a bit different from that. And during this visit, Barker himself wasn't doing interviews; I met him at his dressing room because Roger realized how long I'd been a fan and snuck me back to Barker's dressing room before the show.

This was October 1997 and the show being taped aired the following month, so this would have been in Season 26.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2017, 10:33:36 PM »
I didn't technically meet him or talk to him, but I did go to see Drew perform stand-up at a comedy club in my town in October 2013 so I can say I have seen him in person. I did think about going to New York City to see Bob at a book signing after his autobiography came out in 2009 but I ended up not being able to unfortunately.

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2017, 03:13:51 AM »
I didn't technically meet him or talk to him, but I did go to see Drew perform stand-up at a comedy club in my town in October 2013

Was Drew any good?

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2017, 05:45:36 AM »
He should have been good! Before he did Price and The Drew Carey Show Drew was an excellent stand-up comic!
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline Plinkomatic

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2017, 06:02:34 AM »
He should have been good! Before he did Price and The Drew Carey Show Drew was an excellent stand-up comic!

Yeah, he was a regular on Johnny Carson's Tonight Show after winning the 1988 Star Search

Offline The Big Wheel

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2017, 07:42:12 AM »
That's correct. But the original question didn't seem to list that scenario as a disqualification.

No sir, and I didn't mean it to sound that way either. I just thought that I did recall that you had mentioned a while back that you were on assignment and got to meet Bob and Roger. I do apologize if my question appeared to be something that wasn't intended.
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it!

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2017, 06:49:57 PM »
No sir, and I didn't mean it to sound that way either. I just thought that I did recall that you had mentioned a while back that you were on assignment and got to meet Bob and Roger. I do apologize if my question appeared to be something that wasn't intended.

No worries...wasn't sure if a behind-the-scenes work-related visit counted or not. :)

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2017, 11:06:50 PM »
Was Drew any good?
Yes Drew was very funny. He didn't talk much about Price but he did say how much he loves hosting it and how great of a job it is and he had several great stories and jokes about all different things. There was one incident where a woman in the audience started arguing with him when he brought up the idea of there being no God that he handled well. He did complain about the sidewalks in the area when he went for a run though.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2017, 11:02:22 AM »
Didn't see this until now. Not really a meeting, but if we're talking passings-by, Drew said hello to OneBidTris and I as we waited after a taping. Just a quick hello, nothing fancy. A friend of his had attended the show and he had come back out to talk and figure out where they could go to lunch.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.