Author Topic: Pay the Rent Question  (Read 1465 times)

Offline tpir7215

• Walking the Golden Road
Pay the Rent Question
« on: November 01, 2017, 08:08:11 PM »
So I know that during Pay the Rent, Drew has the contestant put items in the house starting from the bottom up.  My question though is this: has anyone ever tried to, for example, put the most expensive item in the attic at the beginning of the game before putting anything else in the house?

And is there any official rule that specifically says that you have to start at the bottom and work your way up, or are you technically allowed to place something somewhere else without putting something below it first?

And also, has anyone ever bailed with $1,000 and/or lost at the $5,000 mark (i.e., first floor was cheaper than mailbox)?

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
Re: Pay the Rent Question
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 08:35:06 PM »
And is there any official rule that specifically says that you have to start at the bottom and work your way up, or are you technically allowed to place something somewhere else without putting something below it first?

You know, no one has specifically requested it, so honestly, I don't know if we have an official ruling on that, because I have heard a suggestion that before on this website.

And also, has anyone ever bailed with $1,000 and/or lost at the $5,000 mark (i.e., first floor was cheaper than mailbox)?
Oh, most certainly. I recall an instance last season where we had a bailout at the $1,000, and it was the right option. 7773K January 18 for the record. I don't recall anyone losing at the 5K mark at the top of my head, however.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023