Author Topic: The first time you've watch TPIR, what was your first pricing game?  (Read 10213 times)

Offline gameshowfan87

• In the Audience
Re: The first time you've watch TPIR, what was your first pricing game?
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2018, 06:46:48 AM »
My earliest memory was "Perpetual Motion Marilyn" playing Bump.

Offline geniusinmath

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Hi I didn't see you there. I'm Michael.
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2018, 10:56:33 AM »
It was 3 strikes back in 1988.

Offline BonusShell

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2018, 09:48:46 PM »
I have no idea if this was the first pricing game that I ever saw, but the first pricing game that I seem to recall watching (as a very young child in the early-80s) is Bonus Game. It's one of the reasons what I love that game so much. (I love the very similar Shell Game equally, as is obvious by the user name that I chose.) IMO, no pricing game feels like "vintage TPIR" the way Bonus Game does. And even though it was the second game played, Bonus Game "feels" like the oldest TPIR pricing game due to the fact that Any Number's board looks so different from the classic 1972 "box" design.

Online mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Recaps can feel like a behemoth task.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2018, 10:50:35 PM »
You know what? I might be able to go earlier. It's probably not Race Game after all (though it's still very memorable); the earliest could still be Cliff Hangers, or there's that vague recollection of the split-screen setup for...

*tick* *tick* *tick*

Clock Game! (I'm probably not the only one who'd cover my ears as the clock reached zero...)
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes. (Taking a breather as of April 25, 2024.)

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline someguy23475

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2018, 06:09:56 AM »
I don’t remember, but it would have been in the late 1980s. I’m sure I watched in the mid 80s too as an infant.

Offline actual_retail_tice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2018, 07:05:07 AM »
When this question came up years ago, we had the same problem. Most of us were too young when we first started watching to remember what happened on the first show we saw.

If I may modify the question: What's the first new pricing game you remember being added to the show? Mine is Master Key.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2018, 10:02:43 PM »
If I may modify the question: What's the first new pricing game you remember being added to the show? Mine is Master Key.

Mine is probably On the Nose, although I only remember seeing it four times and I only realized it was On the Nose (and then only by process of elimination) years later when I got on the internet.  In fact, for over a decade, my name for it was literally "The Game They Only Played Four Times."

EDIT:  Weird thing about how our minds work:  Even though it debuted three months after On the Nose, I have no memory of One Away not being in the rotation.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 10:06:08 PM by SteveGavazzi »
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2018, 10:05:38 PM »
I started watching in Season 22, but the first game premiere I remember seeing was Eazy az 1 2 3.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2018, 10:47:17 PM »
The first pricing game that I definitely remember seeing its debut playing was Flip Flop, but of course there may be others I watched the debut of that I'm not remembering.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2018, 12:36:50 AM »
I remember seeing Triple Play for the first time during the 30th Anniversary Special and thinking it was a new game. Of course I later found out it had been around a couple seasons prior to then, but it seemed new to me at the time. I suppose the higher frequency of other games that debuted in the late 90s-2000ish is why they never seemed ‘new’ to me.

As far as the first pricing game debut I remember, that distinction goes to the original Time is Money.

I suddenly feel very young. :P
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2018, 07:42:50 AM »
I'm old enough to remember the pink Pricedown Big Wheel wall borders and remember how on some summer 1988 reruns, they would still appear while the newer Super Ball ones would appear, and even a few dark hair Bob episodes from early in the season. This was around the time my clear memories for the show began as I was three at the time. I don't recall a particular pricing game, but I vaguely remember Ferris Wheel Pick-A-Pair and a few One Right Price playings with the blue/gold podiums as well as some of the early Chyron experimental graphics with the colored Mark Goodson logo at the end. I don't remember the old Hole In One sign though, nor the specific game I watched first. 
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2018, 11:43:41 AM »
I remember seeing Triple Play for the first time during the 30th Anniversary Special and thinking it was a new game. Of course I later found out it had been around a couple seasons prior to then, but it seemed new to me at the time. I suppose the higher frequency of other games that debuted in the late 90s-2000ish is why they never seemed ‘new’ to me.
Funny enough, the season 29 premiere with Triple Play's first playing is actually the oldest episode I have on tape. So another direction to bring this discussion in- what is the oldest episode you have recorded?

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2018, 01:58:03 PM »
Funny enough, the season 29 premiere with Triple Play's first playing is actually the oldest episode I have on tape. So another direction to bring this discussion in- what is the oldest episode you have recorded?

I have much of a certain episode from Season 29 on tape, but can't quite recall and the video quality has deteriorated from repeated recording.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2018, 02:15:35 PM »
I'm old enough to remember the pink Pricedown Big Wheel wall borders and remember how on some summer 1988 reruns, they would still appear while the newer Super Ball ones would appear, and even a few dark hair Bob episodes from early in the season.

Sorry, but I've got to chalk this up to your memory playing tricks on you -- as far as I know, there were no dark hair episodes at all in the summer reruns that year.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2018, 02:39:46 PM »

It’s gotta be Gas Money for me