Author Topic: Pricing Game Idea: Wonder Wheels  (Read 1636 times)

Offline Josh444

• TPiR Alumnus
Pricing Game Idea: Wonder Wheels
« on: November 25, 2017, 09:47:22 PM »
Been a while since I posted one of my creations, so here goes:

The game is called "Wonder Wheels", and is played for 2 cars (both of which must be won to win). It is played center stage.

The set: A large, elevated, vintage car like prop that faces stage right (could be propped up by a lift). The two wheels that face the audience each have seven illuminated numbers placed on the wheels, in the empty spaces of the hub caps.

The two cars are presented together behind Door #3. There is no particular order to the cars, the more expensive car may be presented either first or second. One car is always priced in the ten thousands. The other car is always priced over twenty thousand.

The contestant chooses which of the two cars they want to price out first. Then they must choose the numbers in the price of that car, in order, by going back and forth between the numbers on the two wheels. They are allowed to guess incorrectly, but cannot have two consecutive mistakes, otherwise the game ends. Once the price of the first car is filled in, the contestant must then continue to fill in the numbers in the second car.

For example, here are the two "tires" of numbers.

3 0                           5 1
7   5-------------------3   4
6   8-------------------8   0
  2                             9

The contestant decides to play for Car#1. They guess 1 is the first number in the price of that car. Ding ding, they are right. The number lights up on the board behind that car, and the 1 is blanked out on the wheel. They then move over to the other wheel. They guess 6 for the second number. Ding ding, they are right. The number lights up. Say they make a mistake by guessing 3 as the third number. If they guess incorrectly, they MUST guess the next number correctly or the game ends. This process continues until all the numbers are filled in for both cars. There will obviously be two numbers left over on each wheel so there is still a challenge at the end of the game.

One final note, if the contestant happens to start on the wrong side, they are allowed to switch to the other side. There will always be only one 1 and 2 on the board, so it should be obvious that they chose the wrong starting point (one would hope).

I originally thought the game should be called "Back N' Forth", but since it is so car focused I went with the wheel theme.

Offline RJSchex

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Pricing Game Idea: Wonder Wheels
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 10:48:22 PM »
I'm scratching my head over this one. And the wheel props? Too much resemblance to "Freeze Frame" and "Pocket ’hange".

Offline tpir7215

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 01:49:54 AM »
You could also modify this game so that it can be played for two Dream Cars (for example, a Maserati and a Porsche)

Offline priac

• 10/10/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 11:23:04 AM »
The two wheels that face the audience each have seven illuminated numbers placed on the wheels, in the empty spaces of the hub caps.
———
Interesting, but the mfr would not allow the look of their car altered in any way that would augment the overall style, appearance, profile , etc of the car.  This would include placing illuminated numbers on the wheels (Hub caps). I think this is the case for all prizes offered on the show.  Can anyone else think of another game where something has been placed ON any prize?

As an alternative, you could have a silouhette or outline of a generic car/wheels drawn on a game board that the contestant and host would be standing next to.   - similar to Money Game.  But to deface a prize in any form  I think would not fly.

Plus, as someone mentioned, way too silmilar to Pocket Change (and Gridlock).

Offline Josh444

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 11:47:11 AM »
The two wheels that face the audience each have seven illuminated numbers placed on the wheels, in the empty spaces of the hub caps.
—�—�—�
Interesting, but the mfr would not allow the look of their car altered in any way that would augment the overall style, appearance, profile , etc of the car.  This would include placing illuminated numbers on the wheels (Hub caps). I think this is the case for all prizes offered on the show.  Can anyone else think of another game where something has been placed ON any prize?

No. This is a prop car. Not one of the cars being given away. Those are behind Door#3, as I stated.