Author Topic: Pricing Game Idea: Domination  (Read 1506 times)

Offline Josh444

• TPiR Alumnus
Pricing Game Idea: Domination
« on: December 04, 2017, 02:04:33 PM »
Always loved the concept of a game similar to the classic "rock, paper, scissors", so here is my take:

"Domination"

Three prizes are shown behind Door #2. On a game board next to the contestant, it is explained that the least expensive prize is represented by the Hurdler ($). The middle priced prize is represented by Yodely Guy ($$). The most expensive prize is represented by the Rat Race rat ($$$). It doesn't necessarily have to be these three symbols, but I wouldn't want them to use real people.  Also explained is the following rule set:

Yodely Guy beats The Hurdler
The Hurdler beats The Rat
The Rat beats Yodely Guy

The contestant chooses any one of the three prizes that they would like. The associate symbol lights up on a display behind the prize. The contestant must then choose the correct prize that will allow them to win depending on the rules of the game. The prices and the correct symbols are shown on the displays once the game is completed.

The game itself is very simple, but would be very jazzed up to fit the theme. I would imagine the set would possibly be designed like an arena/wrestling match.

Thoughts?

Offline tpir7215

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Pricing Game Idea: Domination
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 04:01:34 PM »
I like this game quite a bit.  My only problem though is that you're putting in elements of other games and they're interacting in a way that doesn't quite make sense.  Why does Yodely Guy beat Hurdler, why does Hurdler beat Rat, and why does Rat beat Yodely Guy?

Offline Josh444

• TPiR Alumnus
Re: Pricing Game Idea: Domination
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 04:07:22 PM »
I like this game quite a bit.  My only problem though is that you're putting in elements of other games and they're interacting in a way that doesn't quite make sense.  Why does Yodely Guy beat Hurdler, why does Hurdler beat Rat, and why does Rat beat Yodely Guy?

I was trying to insert something “Price” related instead of using “rock, paper, and scissors”. I suppose they could use those elements, they just aren’t the most visually appealing. If they wanted to really be basic, they could just use $ signs ($, $$, $$$).