Author Topic: CSS Results for 12/04/2017 (Game 47)  (Read 1129 times)

Offline Wayoshi

• The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
CSS Results for 12/04/2017 (Game 47)
« on: December 04, 2017, 05:58:59 PM »
Another day, more obnoxious showcases. A convertible, trip and kitchen really should add up to something in the 35-40k range in a reasonable world. But instead, it was 45 today, as Argentina is almost always fairly expensive (and I guess no kitchen on price is cheap anymore, is it?). Meanwhile 2 looked really cheap - but we've seen this paritcular Hawaii a few times and it's always quite high, balancing that out somewhat.

As the weather gets colder (supposedly... global warming seems to have had a say in that the past couple of years), I am apparently heating up big time, as I managed to have two differences under 500 for the second playing a row. No DSWs this time though, and Thupa takes the bigger cash in an equally impressive second place.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline tpir7215

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: CSS Results for 12/04/2017 (Game 47)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 06:30:00 PM »
Just out of curiosity, I've seen "HARD DSW" on past CSS results.  I'm sure that means a very near DSW but not actually a DSW, but what is the official definition of a hard DSW? (as in where is the line drawn between a hard DSW and not a hard DSW or DSW at all?)

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 07:05:09 PM »
A "Hard DSW" is when a player manages to win both Showcases without either of their bids being within the DSW range.

There is also the "Hard/Soft DSW", which is the above but with one bid or the other being within the DSW range.
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline tpir7215

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 08:35:15 PM »
A "Hard DSW" is when a player manages to win both Showcases without either of their bids being within the DSW range.

There is also the "Hard/Soft DSW", which is the above but with one bid or the other being within the DSW range.

So for example if I was the winner on one showcase with a difference of $2,000 AND on the other showcase with a difference of $1,000, that would be a hard DSW, but if I won one showcase with a $251 difference, it's NOT a hard DSW?

And I'm assuming that a QSW is DSW-ing both showcases, but have there ever been cases of a WSQ (a WSD on both showcases, for example the same player being over by $50 on one showcase and by $25 on the other)?

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 01:19:30 PM »
So for example if I was the winner on one showcase with a difference of $2,000 AND on the other showcase with a difference of $1,000, that would be a hard DSW,
Precisely.

but if I won one showcase with a $251 difference, it's NOT a hard DSW?
Not if that was the only Showcase you won.

And I'm assuming that a QSW is DSW-ing both showcases,
That is correct, sir.

but have there ever been cases of a WSQ (a WSD on both showcases, for example the same player being over by $50 on one showcase and by $25 on the other)?
I believe so, yes.
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Wayoshi

• The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 05:33:43 PM »
Hard DSW is an intuitive name once you think about it - you get cash for both SCs, the same as a DSW, but you have to do the best on both SCs to get there, not just really close on one of them.

A QSW with all the cash like mine last Monday is technically also a hard DSW.... or hard double DSW... but whatever. :P
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...