Author Topic: Pass the Buck Question  (Read 1598 times)

Offline tpir7215

• Walking the Golden Road
Pass the Buck Question
« on: December 29, 2017, 10:04:33 PM »
I'm not sure if this has ever happened or even mentioned, but suppose this happens:

-One free pick is given as usual.
-The contestant wins both of the other picks for a total of 3 picks.
-The contestant then proceeds to choose BOTH Lose Everything cards but still has one unused pick.

Is the contestant allowed to use that last pick and therefore guaranteed to win something?
Or does the game end immediately in a loss despite the contestant (technically) having another choice to make?

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Pass the Buck Question
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 10:17:08 PM »
I don't see why they couldn't use the last pick.

Offline tpir7215

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 10:28:27 PM »
I swear I heard something about the game being automatically over if both Lose Everythings were picked, but I might also be thinking of a different game.

Online Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 10:33:52 PM »
They are guaranteed to win something. It has happened before, quickly searching I found one instance in Season 37, where they won the car on their third pick.

Online TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 01:06:49 AM »
I swear I heard something about the game being automatically over if both Lose Everythings were picked, but I might also be thinking of a different game.

The only thing I can think of that has two Lose Everythings that ended the game was LMAD's Gold Rush? I mean, it was played twice last year on TPIR, and with its rules on LMAD you lose everything the first time you pick dynamite and zonk out on the second?

But yeah, if a contestant is pinned to that scenario, congrats on winning at least $1,000 for having the worst luck for choosing both "Lose Everythings".
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2017, 01:26:30 AM »
The only way to lose the game is if the contestant has their final pick be a Lose Everything, regardless of how many picks they earned or whether they also picked the other Lose Everything on an earlier choice (assuming that there were two or three).

Offline jimme

• Outside in Line
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2017, 01:20:13 PM »
I remember this happening during the Barker era.  After both "Losr Everything" spots, Bob said, paraphrasing, "Well, now you've got to win something."  The contestant made their third pick and won some cash.

Offline tpir7215

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2017, 04:03:08 PM »
I remember this happening during the Barker era.  After both "Losr Everything" spots, Bob said, paraphrasing, "Well, now you've got to win something."  The contestant made their third pick and won some cash.

Do you know the specific air date?