Author Topic: LMAD Costumes  (Read 2262 times)

Offline GR_Man_9009

• Walking the Golden Road
  • BBT Rules!
    • My Facebook Page
LMAD Costumes
« on: January 15, 2018, 05:05:13 PM »
I have a question about Let's Make a Deal, Do they provide costumes for the studio audience or do they have to bring their own?
The Big Bang Theory Rules!

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
Re: LMAD Costumes
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 05:54:32 PM »
You bring your own, though they do have some for sale or rent should you forget.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 10:49:19 PM »
You bring your own, though they do have some for sale or rent should you forget.

Really? Never knew that.

How does one go to 'LMAD' and "forget" a costume? HA!
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 11:40:47 PM »
Did they rent costumes during the Monty Hall era?

And if they did, would someone wearing a rented costume who was not selected to be on the trading floor be eligible for a refund?
Fun fact: Evelyn Wong, the 5th person to be called on the first show (9/4/72), was actually the very first contestant to directly be called to come on down!  The original first four (Sandy Flornor, Paul Levine, Connie Donnel, Myra Carter) were individually told to stand up, and then, as a group, were invited to come on down.

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 07:42:22 AM »
Did they rent costumes during the Monty Hall era?

And if they did, would someone wearing a rented costume who was not selected to be on the trading floor be eligible for a refund?

Why would they be? Why would the show POSSIBLY "guarantee" that renting a costume from them would get someone to the trading floor?
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place

Offline lejusteprix

• 12/14/2015
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 06:51:54 AM »
Of particular note is that the costumes for rent/sale are available *after* you do your contestant interview.  Not sure if that makes a difference but there you go!

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 02:52:59 AM »
Of particular note is that the costumes for rent/sale are available *after* you do your contestant interview.  Not sure if that makes a difference but there you go!

That raises an interesting question.  Does the costume, or lack of one, play a factor in contestant selection?  Say you've got someone with 100% energy but is in street clothes and will need to rent a costume, and another contestant with maybe 40% energy, but the 40% guy is in an original costume that LMAD's version of Stan Blits thinks Wayne Brady can play off of, and "Stan" can only pick one of the two?
Fun fact: Evelyn Wong, the 5th person to be called on the first show (9/4/72), was actually the very first contestant to directly be called to come on down!  The original first four (Sandy Flornor, Paul Levine, Connie Donnel, Myra Carter) were individually told to stand up, and then, as a group, were invited to come on down.