Author Topic: Favorite answer reveals?  (Read 5896 times)

Offline ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Favorite answer reveals?
« on: January 18, 2018, 09:25:35 PM »
For various pricing games, the correct price or solution is reveal in a number of unique ways.

In my opinion, my favorite price reveal is in “Stack the Deck”, where the entire logo is flipped to reveal the price of the car. What’s yours?

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
Re: Favorite answer reveals?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 09:34:39 PM »
I'd have to say Temptation.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline SamJ93

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 10:14:28 PM »
The "drums" that spin around to reveal the correct solution in Time Is Money are pretty cool. And, of course, the scale in Balance Game--hokey, but in a fun way.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 11:05:22 PM »
One Away with the honks to reveal how many numbers the contestant has correct on the first guess and then the number-by-number reveal after their changes. Even though it's played for usually mid-priced cars it's still always exciting.

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 11:35:10 PM »
One Away with the honks to reveal how many numbers the contestant has correct on the first guess

Maybe it's just my Asperger's talking, but if the mighty sound effects lady was so mighty she'd have a buzzer sound for when the contestant DOESN'T have at least X numbers right. 
Fun fact: Evelyn Wong, the 5th person to be called on the first show (9/4/72), was actually the very first contestant to directly be called to come on down!  The original first four (Sandy Flornor, Paul Levine, Connie Donnel, Myra Carter) were individually told to stand up, and then, as a group, were invited to come on down.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 11:39:01 PM »
In my opinion, my favorite price reveal is in “Stack the Deck”, where the entire logo is flipped to reveal the price of the car. What’s yours?
You do realize that this is just a variant of the middle column flipping over to reveal the secret X.

Maybe it's just my Asperger's talking, but if the mighty sound effects lady was so mighty she'd have a buzzer sound for when the contestant DOESN'T have at least X numbers right. 
As a certain wipeout from 1990 has proved, that has been the case, although the "gentlemen" were in charge back then.

As for my own personal favorite, it's the big red display lighting up the number of correctly-placed prices on the Race Game jukebox. And the current Card Game reveal is its best one yet, with the car's price and winning spread now being revealed simultaneously along with a green background for wins and a red one for losses.

Offline dmaingame

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 01:08:53 AM »
Temptation, especially when Bob used to make the slider revealing the last digit in the price of the car stick by keeping his right palm raised over the button.  This was evident during a playing on a Christmas 1983 episode when he told the contestant, "we'll never know, you'll have to check back tomorrow." before revealing the final digit to show she had in fact won the car.

Offline The Last Outlaw

• In the Audience
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 01:27:27 AM »
I'm gonna take you guys back to the old school.  There's this game called Penny Ante.  You had three pennies and two small products to price.  With each one, you have four choices.  Make the wrong choices and...

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooop (BUZZER)! NO Lose a Penny.

Make the right choices and...

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooop (DING!) YES!  Keep your Pennies.

Keep your pennies, win your prize.  Lose them all and... GAME OVER!

Offline b_masters8

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2018, 03:42:56 AM »
One of mine is on Side By Side, where after the player makes the choice, the answer lights up. If correct, the answer flashes; else, the correct answer lights up and stays static, with "Sorry" beside it.

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2018, 05:04:37 AM »
$uper $aver, whether it said "WIN!"/"LOSE" or "WINK"/"LOSK".
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2018, 06:47:25 AM »
You do realize that this is just a variant of the middle column flipping over to reveal the secret X.
As a certain wipeout from 1990 has proved, that has been the case, although the "gentlemen" were in charge back then.

As for my own personal favorite, it's the big red display lighting up the number of correctly-placed prices on the Race Game jukebox. And the current Card Game reveal is its best one yet, with the car's price and winning spread now being revealed simultaneously along with a green background for wins and a red one for losses.

I did actually know that the flip reveal was on Secret X first. For whatever reason, though, I like Stack the Deck’s vertical reveal better than X’s horizontal.

Online mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Recaps can feel like a behemoth task.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2018, 11:53:16 AM »
Pulling down the "bag" to reveal the grocery item for It's In The Bag.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes. (Taking a breather as of April 25, 2024.)

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline superballfan

• In the Audience
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2018, 12:32:16 PM »
The new and improved Bullseye with the touch screens reveals the price of the products and revealing the hidden Bullseye. Another great reveal is Cover Up

Offline tpir7215

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2018, 01:34:38 PM »

May I suggest the sound of a car crashing?

Offline tpir7215

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2018, 01:35:09 PM »
I did actually know that the flip reveal was on Secret X first. For whatever reason, though, I like Stack the Deck’s vertical reveal better than X’s horizontal.

Is it partially because in Stack, the TITLE is flipping?