Author Topic: Is there a video of the first perfect bid on the showcase online?  (Read 5235 times)

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
Re: Is there a video of the first perfect bid on the showcase online?
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2018, 05:47:48 PM »
During the reveal, Drew mentioned in passing that Terry's perfect bid was the first one since 1972 or 1973.

I fed him that information, based on what was known at the time. Since then, as I mentioned in the linked thread, I've definitively confirmed that a perfect showcase bid didn't happen in 1972. I was never able to find show summaries for the daytime run of the show after 1972 -- I'm confident they exist; I just couldn't find out where they are. Obviously, I'm not in a position to search for them anymore.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline JT

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2018, 07:19:44 AM »
I fed him that information, based on what was known at the time. Since then, as I mentioned in the linked thread, I've definitively confirmed that a perfect showcase bid didn't happen in 1972. I was never able to find show summaries for the daytime run of the show after 1972 -- I'm confident they exist; I just couldn't find out where they are. Obviously, I'm not in a position to search for them anymore.
Thanks Scott.  It was most likely in 1973 when the show moved to the afternoon for a period of time.  The only way I would have seen it was when I was home from grade school which would have been in the afternoon!  Thanks.

Offline Ted

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2018, 01:39:50 PM »
For what it's worth, when asked about perfect showcase bids at different screenings of Perfect Bid, Roger Dobkowitz has talked about the staff discussing how to handle a perfect bid in the showcase way back during the first few weeks of production, but he did not indicate that a perfect bid in the showcase actually happened. Of course, that doesn't mean it didn't happen either...