Author Topic: So I'm going to see a taping for the first time...  (Read 2244 times)

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
So I'm going to see a taping for the first time...
« on: July 25, 2018, 08:08:02 PM »
This August, I'm finally getting the chance to check something off of my bucket list: I'm going to make the pilgrimage to Studio City for the first time!

The show's website says that they're taping on the 13-15 of August, but On Camera Audiences lists no tapings on those dates. Everything's pushed up an extra week on OCA; for example, the Breast Cancer special that the show's site has listed taping on 8/13 is, according to OCA, taping on the 5th.

I assume since On Camera Audiences physically distributes the tickets, their info would be more current? Can anyone with experience with OCA confirm this? (I've tried calling the CBS numbers to confirm on their end, but I've just gotten a lot of voice mailboxes.)

I have a group of about 5 that's interested in going with me. We were initially aiming for the 13-15 tapings, but our second bet is the 20th-22nd--which is the Season 46 premiere week.

What should I know going into the studio for the first time? If we have priority tickets, how early do you need to arrive to get a good seat (first two or three rows)?

Has anybody been to a season premiere week with Drew, or another "special" taping? If we want good seats, would do need to arrive especially early? I've heard meeting people in line is a great part of the TPiR experience and I'd love to do that--I just need to get my friends prepared for it.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 08:17:50 PM by gamesurf »
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: So I'm going to see a taping for the first time...
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 08:25:41 PM »
I have a group of about 5 that's interested in going with me. We were initially aiming for the 13-15 tapings, but our second bet is the 20th-22nd--which is the Season 46 premiere week.

Season 47* premiere week. Sorry, I’m a stickler for details.

I sure hope to go to a taping one day, but I live nowhere near California.

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 08:42:52 PM »
Ahh.... THAT'S why they weren't matching up! The show hasn't updated their tape dates yet for the new season. Dumb mistake on my part.

So it looks like no upcoming specials after all in August aside from the breast cancer one. Fine by me--we just want to see the show

One more question, how strict are they on the "one taping a day" rule? Is it possible to get into the afternoon show after the morning taping?
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 08:51:16 PM »
Hmm, according to the Wikipedia page for the show, Price tapes twice a day, Monday through Wednesday. If I’m guessing correctly, you should be able to get into the afternoon show after the morning taping. I’m not sure though, I don’t know everything about it.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 09:06:38 PM »
I was also supposed to go the week of the 13th but had to change to the week before upon not seeing any tickets available that week. That's a good question about the strictness of attending two tapings in one day. My dad had gone and got us priority tickets for both tapings Monday-Wednesday and it would be pretty awesome to be able to take in both.

Having priority tickets I think means you'll be able to get in no problem however the time you show up will somewhat decide where you sit. Be prepared for lots of standing around and waiting but it's ultimately an incredible experience. I went three years ago and didn't get picked but I had so much fun I could've cared less :)

Offline studio33

• In the Audience
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2018, 06:45:50 PM »
What should I know going into the studio for the first time? If we have priority tickets, how early do you need to arrive to get a good seat (first two or three rows)?

Has anybody been to a season premiere week with Drew, or another "special" taping? If we want good seats, would do need to arrive especially early? I've heard meeting people in line is a great part of the TPiR experience and I'd love to do that--I just need to get my friends prepared for it.

The priority tickets state to arrive no later than 8:30 (I think) but they actually started the processing before that time. Having said that, the audience coordinators, in my observation, do not seat 'first come, first served.' Yes, back in the day they would fill the center sections first and then the sides. Now, it appears that the seating is deliberate and, perhaps, deliberately spreads the chosen contestants around the seating area. The CBS Red Coats are around to assist but it looks like the On Camera Audience people are really running the processing/ seating of audience members. Hope that helps.