Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 04/19/2007  (Read 11626 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 04/19/2007
« on: April 19, 2007, 02:38:29 PM »

Production #3954K - Taped March 20, 2007

Bob: stage entrance

First Four lineup: left to right

Handoff: Lauren

Models of the Day: Lanisha Cole, Lauren Jones and Gabrielle Tuite

Wearing: Morrell Maxie

1   (Sony) 32" LCD HDTV (G)

LINDSEY 800
JORDAN 1100
SHAWN *1499
STEPHEN 801
($1599)

Shawn plays SAFE CRACKERS for a trip to Cabo San Lucas (NWA Vacations; 6n @ Pueblo Bonito)(G) and a (Canon) 5MP Digital Camera (G&L)($4580)

Numbers:0 5 6
Setting:6 5 0   LOCK   LOSS   ($560)

2   Capel Matha's Vineyard Area Rug/CleverClasp (LC)

+Lindsey 1200
+Jordan *1201
DOROTHY 1100
+Stephen 855
($2050)

Jordan, a student at Illinois-Urbana, plays MONEY GAME for a Pontiac G6 (Std., ALB, Traction, BlkHtr, Pref)(G)

19603585-4
1820-318-219-1
857790-525-bk
$212$20 1 ----   LOSS

Jordan is the type that likes to poll the audience instead of play the game (Hate those!). He's also indecisive. He initially picked 25, but no...NO, he had to change his mind because one of his friends wanted to. That person now owes him a car. Moral: stick with your first insinct. Works in Match Game, works here - a lot of the time.

3   Yamaha 625 Portable Keyboard (G + LC w/a doggy)

+Lindsey 1251
PATRICIA *999
Dorothy 1200
+Stephen 1250
($1100)

Patricia from Pilot Grove, MO plays PUSHOVER for an EZ Go Freedom SE Golf Cart (LC & LJ)

Setup:7 2 5 6 9 5 2 0 9
Pick:7 2[5 6 9 5]
Price:$7256   LOSS

SHOWDOWN #1

$1,100Patricia1001.00*$1000*   Puny Bonus Spin   Through to Showcase Round
1,599Shawn  90 + 45OV
2,302Jordan  55 + 15.70

4   Murray Feiss Edwardian Chandelier (from above)

+Lindsey *1291
KENNY 899
Dorothy 900
+Stephen 1290
($1618)

Lindsey from Portland, ME plays BARKER'S MARKER$

(1) Honda CRF80 Offroad Motorcycle (G)
(1) 
$2069

$3410 

(2) Rossignol His/Her Ski Equipment (LC)(2) *$2786 $1163 (3)
(3) Broyhill Sofa (LJ)Moves the Marker...WIN!

5   Ivanko Chrome Dumbells/Gift (LJ)

RACHEL 700
Kenny 1100
Dorothy *999
+Stephen 1
($1063)

Dorothy plays BULLSEYE for an Aqua Cat 2 14' Catamaran (G)($4395)

(1) Little Debbie Honey Buns8 x 1.39   $11.12   WIN!

(2) (Oxford) Ruled Index Cards (100)
(3) (David) Jalapeno Sunflower Seeds
(4) (Uncle Ben's) Instant Brown Rice
(5) (Jif) Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter (28 oz)

Stephen can't seem to find his way out of the Row. He has one last chance to locate it lest he be banished to the "First Four" Breakfast Club. Will he make his way on stage?

6   Howard Miller Lewis Wall Clock/Gold Bond Ultimate Healing (G&LJ)
Rachel 825
Kenny *950
BOB 800
+Stephen 1750
($1665)

Stephen heads off to the clubhouse while Kenny, a U.S. Navy Sailor, plays THAT'S TOO MUCH! for a Dodge Magnum (Std., Stereo)(LC)($24,040)

$13,860
$15,998
$16,890
$18,331
$19,120
$21,480
$23,891
$25,740

WIN!

SHOWDOWN #2

$5,498Dorothy80 stay.80
7,726Lindsey15 + 70.85
25,845Kenny90 stay.90Through to Showcase Round

SHOWCASE ROUND

Kenny has the honor.

SC1-Patricia

HOW YOUR POWER COMPANY HANDLES THE DEMAND (LC)
Home Theater System (G)
Almost Heaven Barrel Sauna (LJ)
Chrysler PT Cruiser (Std., AC, ALB)(G)
BID$21,200
PRICE23,395
DIFF- 2,195
TOTAL$25,495

SC2-Kenny

Broyhill 100th Anniversary Bedroom Group
Comfortaire GS700 Sleep Set
American Tourister iLite 5 pc Luggage Set (LJ)
Trip to Bangkok (6n @ Marriott)(G)
BID$  7,775
PRICE17,488
DIFF- 9,713

Today's Pricing Games: 3 for 6

Total Winnings: $68,465

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 04/19/2007
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 02:47:53 PM »
Bidding Round #1- #229, Lindsey! :-D

Showcases- Kenny... if this was 20 years ago, you might have a shot. But not today.

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- Patricia.

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- You guessed it, another decent show... Grade: 2

Offline baymonster

• In the Audience
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 02:51:50 PM »
What has the DOB been smoking lately???

Safe Crackers: should've not been lost, I thought it was $650
Money Game: Shame on you audience!
Pushy: Forced loss! I thought it was $5209 or $5695
Marker Game: Smart move there.
Bullseye: 8 honey buns? That got me worried there for a sec, but good for another one-shot win.
That's Too Much!:That was pretty loaded, Nice win by the sailor!
SC's: Apparently someone must've thought Patricia went OVER, but she got retribution!

Average, but one to look over again...

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 02:52:07 PM »
Well.....

Safe Crackers: 650 was my choice---as well as a handful of people in chat today....oh well it was 560.

Money Game: I had a hunch it was $20,125.  Jordan, I'm disappointed in you...you should have gone with your instinct.

Push Over: Roger wanted this lost today.  [color=CC3300]$7256?!!!  That was HARD!![/color]  Most of us in chat wanted $5695.  

I was able to catch the rest of this show...minus Barker's Markers:

Bullseye: 8 Honey Buns=win for Dorothy!

That's TOO MUCH: THAT'S JUST RIGHT/[color=009900]THAT'S A WIN!!![/color]  I thought Kenny blew it.  Shows how much I know...even the Peanut Gallery didn't approve of Kenny going farther.  Kenny's instinct was right---an awesome WIN!!  Dobstopper there for sure--this was a hard setup.

Showcases: I am a loss for words for Kenny's bid....Dorothy bids very well today, deserving that car!

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 03:10:56 PM »
I'm amazed that we have not seen any of the "Big Three" since February!

Safe Crackers was tricky with the choice of numbers but now that I think about it, $560 looked more correct for that dinky camera.

I don't know what Jordan was thinking calling "25" in Money Game "El Cheapo".  He should have stuck with his gut and picked it to have a win in the first half of the show.

Did anyone notice that Push Over's lights looked much brighter than before and the beams looked like they came together to form one?  That price was evil, $5695 looked like the right choice for the golf cart.

Holy moley, Barker's Marker$ got a set change for the first time in its life (excluding the new labels)!  I think that I like the changes, the blue and red are more fitting for the game than the marbled colors and gold strips on the risers.  It was easy to tell that the marker should have been moved.  I wonder why the $1,163 did not flash with the other two prices...

It was nice to have Dorothy pull a slam dunk in Bullseye.  She was a very good shopper picking 8 of the honey buns; most other contestants would only buy 4 or 5 boxes.

Well, a happy 6th birthday to That's Too Much!  When the game debuted, a sailor was playing for a Ford Mustang and stopped early.  Six years later, another sailor plays it and goes all the way to the eighth price and wins!  Is that the furthest anyone ever went and won in this game?

Patricia bid very well on her showcase and got well rewarded.  I wonder why Kenny bid that much on his showcase, maybe he thought she went over?  Otherwise, that was a suicide bid, we have not seen a 4-digit showcase in 15 years!
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline FlipFlopper7769

• 4/10/2007
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 03:15:46 PM »
Did anyone else notice the set change on Barker's Marker's today? The limestone/quartz/whatever you want to call it rock pattern on the bottom of the board was painted over with now solid oolors. Check your tapes again if you didn't see it.

Great wheel spinning today in SCSD #1 by Patricia! I thought she had a great chance on the bonus spin for some more money.

Tsk, tsk Jordan! Always pick low and stick with your gut! I can't blame him for not seeing my win in Money Game because it hadn't aired yet when this was taped.

Someone familiar alert in the audience today! Our very own uncleplinko, AKA Travis, was seated in the VIP section! Good to see you again Travis!
You can go ahead and call me "Mr. Money Game"!
I was on TPiR: Jan 8, 2007!  AIR DATE: Apr. 10, 2007!

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 03:18:05 PM »
Safe Crackers: Always nice to see this. I hope it's played for a car again.

Money Game: Tough loss. The audience has to be ashamed of themselves for making Jordan change his gut instinct of 25 for the last two numbers!

Pushover: Another tough loss. I thought for sure $5,695 was right.

Barker's Markers: First win today! It was pretty easy, and Lindsey was smart to switch her guess on the sofa!

Bullseye: Nice win.

That's Too Much: Just a few days after we had what may have been the best win ever in 1/2 Off, we may have seen the best win ever in this game! BIG candidate for Dobstopper of the Year. Way to go, Kenny!!

Showcases: I had a feeling Kenny would pass that first Showcase to Patricia. Kenny was never going to win the room/trip showcase, as he would have overbid had he added $10,000 onto his bid. Patricia certainly deserved to win after that highway robbery moment in Pushover!

Overall: Very good show today!

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 04:10:44 PM »
Decent enough show today, neat PG lineup.

Safe Crackers: Tricky. I really thought $650 was correct. Shawn was wrong and I was wrong.

Money Game: Oh Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, why oh why didn't you trust your gut?

Pushover: Ouch. E-V-I-L.

Markers: Yay!! BTW: Sweet spruce up for this game. I like it.

Bullseye: Nice, quick win here

Showcases: Obviously, that's a GARF OF THE CENTURY right there.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 04:33:24 PM »
PG #2:  I don't recall Money Game ever lasting that long before.  I don't know what Jordan was thinking when he referred to the 25 as "el cheapo", but shame on the audience for talking him out of picking it.

SCSD #1:  Been a long time since a bonus spin didn't get all the way around.

PG #4:  Yay!  Barker's Markers with Phone Home Game cue!  :-P  Boo!  The set change sucks!  Smart change to $1,163.  No way that sofa was gonna be over $3,000.

PG #6:  Great win by Kenny!  The audience--and most of us in chat, myself included--thought that $23,800 was the stopping point.  Not a very good day for the audience today.

Showcase #2:  

My showcase bids:
Car--$22,155
Random room/trip--$16,501
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007, 04:34:49 PM »
Safe Crackers: I knew it was toss up between $560 and $650. Unfortunately, for Shawn $650 was not right. $560 seemed reasonable for the camera.

Money Game: Why?! Why oh why audience did you got Jordan to change his mind on 25 costing him that car! Shame on all of you!

Push Over: At first I thought it was $5695. But when Patricia did leave it on that price I later changed my mind to $7256. Sadly I was right.

SS #1: I wanted Shawn or Jordan to win.

Barker's Markers: Wise move for Lindsey to move the marker. $3410 wasn't right for the sofa. Sorry folks I didn't recognized the set change. I was focusing more on the game.

Bullseye: Thank god Dorothy went with my extinct of getting 8 honey buns. We both end up winners.

That's Too Much: I was with the peanut gallery when I thought Kenny went a bit too far. To my surprise and everyone else's he got it right. Therefore stopping the DOB and putting all of us in shame.

Showcases: Another boring 1980s based bid today.  :roll: Patricia got redemption and won that car with an excellent bid.

Offline MichaelC

• In the Audience
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2007, 04:49:19 PM »
Wow! Been way too long since I posted here (or to watch the show all they way through). :oops:

Safe: Sad loss here!

Money: Not as sad of a loss. First I didn't like the method to which he played. 2nd he listened to the audience instead of his gut instinct. Personally, I was glad to see the car behind 25 myself.

Pushy: Terrible setup! Thought she had it.

Markers: Yay! Love this game! Hate the set change! Good playing though.

Bully: Yay! It's back! Excellent playing1 More friendly products than Grocery Game.

TTM: That was awesome! I, too thought he went too far. Unlike Jordan in the other car game, Kenny went with his gut, against the peanut gallery and won!

Showcase: Great bid by Patricia!

Great show today with an awesome line-up!

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2007, 05:56:55 PM »
Well, I guess I know why Stan had no interest in picking me...turns out he'd reached his Illini quota a week before I got there.  I knew I should have gone during our actual spring break instead of the week after... ;-)

Not much to comment about today, outside of the Illini connection.  (Oh, and no, I've never met Jordan before.  If I had, you think I'd let him bungle Money Game like that?  :-))  Good job by Kenny in TTM though!  Most people get swayed into stopping too soon, but not him!  Then again, after Money Game, I don't know why anyone would be listening to the audience...
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline PaladinTornado

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2007, 06:15:51 PM »
*The "Patricia" confusion was humorous.  The old lady stood her ground!
*I like the set change on Marker$.  Didn't notice it at first though.
*I wonder what happened at the very start of the show.  Rich didn't begin the opening spiel for a few seconds and there was a page (I think) walking around in Contestants' Row.
*Great win in TTM!

Offline Brandon Devers

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2007, 06:35:38 PM »
It's about time we saw Barker's Marker$ and That's Too Much! won.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2007, 08:22:11 PM »
Safe Crackers: Ya know, before I even knew what all the numbers were, I think I immediately said 560. I knew it couldn't be a well-rounded number like 650.

Money Game: Okay. We have Jordan, a student down-state asking/polling the audience like if this was another game show. This has me thinking this is another one of those that get so ballistic upon seeing a car and not relying on his own instincts to play the game. Then, after using up the 19 and 18, now the front-n-back won't work. Then what really got me was how he said "el cheapo" for 25. Uh, yeah. I can understand 25 being the lowest out of the remaining numbers, but that's nowhere close to our terms of el cheapo. When Jordan 'won' his money, I thought, "It seems like he relied a little bit of his own for the supposed el cheapo 25. I think that would have been the best thing he did in this entire game." But Noooooooo.
How NOT to play Money Game.
Personally, this is one of the worst plays I have ever seen.

Push Over: Thinking back to those $7695 GEM cars, my instincts (and the peanut gallery's) tell me it's 5695. I should've derived that thought the other way: in the $7000 range.

Barker's Marker$: I didn't see the prizes reveal. When I heard the cue, I thought we were playing a game with the new drop. I was almost confused for a second.
Oh, how I thought the sofa was $3410. I would've gave back the $500 and the win.

Bullseye: Ah, our quick brains reigned supreme! Dorothy and I said eight of the Little Debbies right on the first try. Sweet. (in more ways than one)

One Bid 6: I lost track as to who was still there. But as soon as I saw that clock, something in my brain tells me to say, "Time's Up!" Oh, it's Steven that didn't make it.

That's Too Much!: Oh, That's So Great!
If I would have paid attention to the car, I would've supported Kenny and not my instincts and the peanuts'. As soon as I saw the 21, I would've [d]stopped[/d] said the cue.

Showcases: 7775? I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think that covers the trip.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.