Author Topic: Pricing Games Around The World  (Read 257505 times)

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Pricing Games Around The World
« Reply #345 on: June 11, 2020, 11:15:00 PM »
Wow that's a dark color scheme. Plinko and Pushover look like they're dressed up for a black tie affair. I like the lighting around the set in Hole in One, but the sign is really cheap looking.

It's interesting how they at least most tried to mirror the US show with the designs. I can't say I've seen all the designs for previous special, but they did here at least, and used the US music too (if edited in a modern-day Family Feud style). Also of note from watching it.....no inspiration putt in Hole in One, and no 2nd putt allowed either.

Offline JhayPrice

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #346 on: June 12, 2020, 12:23:46 AM »
Whoops, I missed the Contestant's Row... Really reminds me of the Time is Money drums.

Offline JhayPrice

« Reply #347 on: June 12, 2020, 12:39:05 AM »
The selection of the SCSD players are a bit different from the previous incarnations of the show. The three players with the most accurate bids on their One Bid rounds in order from the least to most are the ones to spin the wheel.

Also, the Epic Showcase used a static £3000 range, with a Range Game-like presentation.
(Contestant Angela's bid for the showcase is £28,000)

She went over by just £703.

Online htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #348 on: June 12, 2020, 12:48:28 AM »
I’m not familiar enough with the foreign versions of the show: are there any foreign versions that don’t do the Range Game-style showcase, or are they all different than the US version?
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline JhayPrice

« Reply #349 on: June 12, 2020, 12:59:33 AM »
The German (with some modifications), British (Crowther era), Mexican, Canadian and Italian version had the American showcase format.

Almost all post-1995 versions followed the format of the showcase of Bruce's Price is Right.

The Australian and Philippine (2001) versions had the Double Bullseye showcase format. It's also possible the the New Zealand version used it too.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #350 on: June 12, 2020, 01:15:27 AM »
The German (with some modifications), British (Crowther era), Mexican, Canadian and Italian version had the American showcase format.

Almost all post-1995 versions followed the format of the showcase of Bruce's Price is Right.

The Australian and Philippine (2001) versions had the Double Bullseye showcase format. It's also possible the the New Zealand version used it too.

The original 70's Australian format had the American showcase didn't it? I feel like it did. But that may be wrong.

Offline JhayPrice

« Reply #351 on: June 12, 2020, 02:42:14 AM »
The original 70's Australian format had the American showcase didn't it? I feel like it did. But that may be wrong.
That's the period they've introduced the Double Bullseye showcase format along with the price ordering. The original range was $50. This format was carried over to the subsequent versions in 1981, 1989, 1993, 2003 and 2012 with a standard $100 range.

Offline lejusteprix

• 12/14/2015
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #352 on: June 12, 2020, 01:43:06 PM »

Just to clarify - 90s French Canadian "Misez Juste" had the American showcase format but the 10s French Canadian "Price is Right: A Vous De Jouer" had the TPIR Live format of "one showcase/both players bid in secret".

R.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #353 on: June 12, 2020, 02:04:43 PM »
Just to clarify - 90s French Canadian "Misez Juste" had the American showcase format but the 10s French Canadian "Price is Right: A Vous De Jouer" had the TPIR Live format of "one showcase/both players bid in secret".

R.

Also of note, and I suspect was due to budgetary concerns based on ITA rules that limited what you could give away per show over there at the time, the first series of Crowther Price had a rule where you only won everything in your showcase if you bid within 10% of the actual price, similar to the $250 or less/less than $100 away DSW rule here in the States. If you didn't come within that, you only won a portion of it, with the biggest prize not included. Every series after that though had the traditional rules.

Offline Muon Duc Huy

• In the Audience
« Reply #354 on: June 14, 2020, 10:01:09 AM »

R.
In Vietnam, two players would have to bid on one showcase, and this tradition is still kept since the very beginning.

Offline brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #355 on: June 26, 2020, 10:42:22 PM »
El Precio Justo in Argentina has seen an outbreak of COVID-19 amongst its crew and guest participants.   In recent weeks the show had settled into a format of 3 pricing games (played by guests and crew of the show), lots of Clock Game, lots of a tablet stopwatch game and lots of variety segments (Just Dance, cooking, basketball shooting). 

The host, Lizy Tagliani, had also been taking stopwatch game to the streets for random passersby to play it for the show:

It appears Lizy was amongst those who tested positive for the virus initially, but has subsequently tested negative and is recovered.

It is fair (and sad) to say the show has devolved into a hot mess this year, starting with the car promotions at the start of the year taking so much time away from the pricing games, and then particularly since COVID-19.  The show largely exists in name only with very little pricing taking place, and is only on air to take up 2 hours of airtime each day.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #356 on: June 27, 2020, 12:14:42 AM »
A recent episode featured only one actual pricing game. Pretty much filled with exactly what you said. A *bunch* of stopwatch game, both in studio and out on the streets. Two in studio (with one of having some people take multiple turns). Two on the street segments. One of which featured some pricing after playing the stopwatch game. A T/F with one GP. Then, after they did a bunch of solo Clock Game, they also did a group Clock Game where everyone stood around a prize and had 60 seconds to zero in on price with each person (out of like five) giving a bid one at a time.

Definitely a shell of itself right now, but a recent tweet I saw suggested that it was one of the popular afternoon programs down there.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #357 on: June 27, 2020, 09:40:58 AM »
While there's no way this would work here...I do think this is a cool way to keep the show moving.

Offline JhayPrice

« Reply #358 on: June 30, 2020, 10:21:48 AM »
Good day to all! After going down some promo clips of the Aussie PIR on YouTube, here are some interesting screengrabs of games that you haven't seen on the collages here on this thread!

I've seen this a long time ago, and found it once again just now, the 1984 Aussie Any Number:

A quick side view of what I assume is Switcheroo:

Here's the cool green-yellow scheme of Hole in One:

Their "2 Price Tags" prop, yes, it's called that way, and Ian acknowledged it as a difficult game!

The game turned out to be a win.

The last of the 1980s pics is their giant price tag.

Offline JhayPrice

« Reply #359 on: June 30, 2020, 10:32:23 AM »
In 1993, Price came back to the Aussie airwaves. Here are some games on a clip of their "coming soon" promo:

The Cover Up board (which we thought we only saw on the 2003-06 version):

A glimpse of the Safe Crackers safe:

Here's a part of the 'ol Money Game played for what I believe is a bathtub:

And a rather different color scheme of the Showcase board:

All these pics are assumed to be from a test pilot since the home base here is pink rather than the blue one from the series.

Finally, another shot of the Money Game board from a different vid. What's up with the all double zeroes down there?