Author Topic: Pricing Games Around The World  (Read 257483 times)

Offline theamazingracer

• In Contestant's Row
Re: Pricing Games Around The World
« Reply #375 on: December 10, 2020, 06:02:23 AM »
I'm the opposite I think - I like the weird 3D effect on the old doors, but the only new game set I like less than the old one is More or Less (and that's only because Comic Sans is of the devil, otherwise I'd like it more too). Otherwise I think they strike the right balance between being inspired by the US version and being a knockoff, where the 2018 sets play it too close to the original and suffer as a result.

Offline rn

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #376 on: January 03, 2021, 01:02:06 PM »
I was watching an episode on YT of France's Le Juste Prix (2010s version) and there is a game that's called "Pousse des dés" (Pushing of the Dice), it's based on "Push Over" but with 3 prizes - 2 3 digit prizes and one four digit prize.  Each Prize has its own set of blocks to push over.  I don't know if you can win just one or two prizes in this version.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #377 on: January 04, 2021, 08:45:18 AM »
I was watching an episode on YT of France's Le Juste Prix (2010s version) and there is a game that's called "Pousse des dés" (Pushing of the Dice), it's based on "Push Over" but with 3 prizes - 2 3 digit prizes and one four digit prize.  Each Prize has its own set of blocks to push over.  I don't know if you can win just one or two prizes in this version.

That sounds a little like Make Your Move in a way, just different with the separate sets of blocks.

Online brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #378 on: January 04, 2021, 02:52:05 PM »
It's really just Push Over x 3.

It's been good to see some extra shows posted online of that show as it's meant a better look at some of the games.

One in particular is Le Gratte Gratte, which according to lejusteprixtv.com was originally based on Double Digits.   

However, it was retooled into a much different game when France put all of their games on steroids in 2010-2011.

In the game, the contestant has to arrange the four digits of the main prize to make up the correct price.   They can earn more attempts to do this via four small items to price, with the options for each one being a reverse of each other (e.g. 45 or 54).  Some of the window panes grant 1 extra attempt at pricing the main prize, while the rest are empty. For each small item they guess correctly, they get 10 seconds to wipe as many windows on the board clean as possible to try and reveal the panes that grant the extra attempts. 

Offline rn

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #379 on: January 05, 2021, 09:00:23 PM »
The French version also has a home game That's basically "Shell Game" with cards with the models pictures on the them.  Choose the one with the blonde model, the winner is drawn by random selection of the people who guessed right.

In the one episode that I saw, Master Key was revealed during the intro.  With the prizes that the contestant wins, the lock "Explodes".

Online brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #380 on: January 08, 2021, 05:27:08 PM »
There have been some videos posted on Youtube over the past year of various TPIR series, so I'll share some games in the next few posts that I hadn't posted earlier.

First, Belgium (1990-92):
10 Chances:

Danger Price:

Hole In One:

Master Key:

Squeeze Play - contestant has to remove two of the first four numbers:

Matchmaker - the pricing game from the UK series:

Online brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #381 on: January 08, 2021, 05:29:11 PM »
Greece (1991)

5 Price Tags:

10 Chances:

Switcheroo:

Online brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #382 on: January 08, 2021, 05:31:45 PM »
Canada (1994-95)

Bonus Game:

Check Game:

One Away:

Online brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #383 on: January 08, 2021, 05:34:57 PM »
Israel (1995-98)
Bargain Game:

Take Two:

Japan (1979-86)
Contestants Row:

Hole In One:

Squeeze Play:

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #384 on: January 08, 2021, 06:22:35 PM »

Am I interpreting this playing of Chèque Payant correctly that writing the check for $0 would have won the game?
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #385 on: January 08, 2021, 07:29:43 PM »
Am I interpreting this playing of Chèque Payant correctly that writing the check for $0 would have won the game?
The win range appears to be $3,000-$4,000, so I would say yes. Using a price that is already in the winning range is rather clearly setting it up to be lost, and I do believe that Roger would have considered it cheating.

Japan (1979-86)
[screencaps snipped]
Where did you find these?
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Online brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #386 on: January 08, 2021, 07:45:41 PM »
The win range appears to be $3,000-$4,000, so I would say yes. Using a price that is already in the winning range is rather clearly setting it up to be lost, and I do believe that Roger would have considered it cheating.
Where did you find these?

These videos:

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #387 on: January 09, 2021, 01:44:59 AM »
These videos:
[links snipped]
I thank you, sir. Footage of The Chance! appears to be difficult to come by, despite its lengthy run.
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #388 on: January 10, 2021, 05:48:11 AM »

Looks like it. Has that ever been the case on Price here I wonder? I'd doubt it.

Offline JhayPrice

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #389 on: January 10, 2021, 05:52:45 AM »
The staff would never give a prize valued already within the range, that would be unfair to the contestants as there would be a small wiggle room to play with.