Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 4/15/2019  (Read 10293 times)

Offline SanAnMan

• In Contestant's Row
  • Always look on the bright side of life.
Re: TPiR Recap - 4/15/2019
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2019, 08:30:56 AM »
Adding on to the pile here, congrats to Brian/LiteBulb88 on the PERFECTO Master Key win!

Offline TheBigAK

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2019, 09:00:49 AM »
Kind of an awkward moment picking the 2 best keys.     By that I mean, you won the car then have to go back to reveal the other prizes.     They probably should have just had you start with the Master Key outright.     No matter what -- that was awesome to see.

Sharon was a delight to watch.
I'm TheBigAK...and I APPROVE this post.

Offline MrPlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2019, 10:21:10 AM »
Brian!

The "Master Key" Master!  Great, great win!  What an incredible experience!  We are all very proud of you!

One question though regarding your blog post:

BEFORE ITEM UP FOR BIDS #5: The stage manager welcomed me to the team. They had me to go to the back of the audience, near the entrance to the studio, and wired me up with a wireless mic. They use these in case you get on stage and your audio isn’t picked up by Drew’s microphone.

Why wouldn't you and the contestants be miked right at the first "Come on Down" opportunity?  For example had you won the IUFB and played "Do the Math" you would not have been miked, right?

Joe

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2019, 11:12:51 AM »
Thank you all for your kind words! My head's still spinning from it all :).

Kind of an awkward moment picking the 2 best keys. By that I mean, you won the car then have to go back to reveal the other prizes. They probably should have just had you start with the Master Key outright.

I agree it's awkward, but I'm not sure going in the other order (master key then car key) makes sense either. Once all three "WIN" signs are revealed through the master key, there's no way for Drew or the contestant to easily reset the locks to even see what the second key does. Plus, absolutely no one would care at that point except for the nerdiest of Price is Right geeks. Having the contestant reveal the car key first and then the master key at least allows for a bit of drama with the second key. So there's no great order here, but, IMO, car key then master key makes more sense than the other way around. Either way, this is apparently something that only happens once every 10 years anyway ( :-o :-o xlx :biggrin:).

Why wouldn't you and the contestants be miked right at the first "Come on Down" opportunity?  For example had you won the IUFB and played "Do the Math" you would not have been miked, right?

You are correct--had I played Do The Math I wouldn't have been miked. In fact, it's guaranteed the contestant who plays the first game of the day isn't miked for this exact reason. I think the reason they wait is they don't want to stop tape to mike people up--they're willing to chance that someone gets on stage without a mike to save 6 extra stopdowns during the taping. The mikes are really only there as a backup anyway; they're not supposed to be the primary audio.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2019, 01:44:10 PM »
I'm so happy for you, LiteBulb88, and congrats on your Master Key win!

Offline bonkers77

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2019, 02:55:52 AM »
Hi Brian! Congratulations! Good Job!!!