Author Topic: It had to happen eventually, but why so soon?  (Read 14757 times)

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: It had to happen eventually, but why so soon?
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2019, 09:43:20 PM »
It’s quite the coincidence this run happened so soon after the all-star games. It would have been quite interesting to see James  in that mix (not that I can pick one player I’d like to have seen not be there instead).

The challenge is they tend not to stage the “find a gimmick to get Brad and Ken back” tournaments in rapid succession and for good reason. So it could be a bit before we see that, and it assumes all three make it to the finals of whatever the next gimmick is. That’s far from assured.

Online gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2019, 10:09:52 PM »
The challenge is they tend not to stage the “find a gimmick to get Brad and Ken back” tournaments in rapid succession and for good reason. So it could be a bit before we see that, and it assumes all three make it to the finals of whatever the next gimmick is. That’s far from assured.

I 100% expect a Ken/James/Brad match to happen sometime within the next few years.  Even if it gets outright staged as a Watson-like exhibition event. There's just too much earned press to leave on the table.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2019, 10:53:09 PM »
I'm not sure I could see them doing another Ultimate Tournament of Champions or something to that effect so soon after the All Star Games, they would likely wait until season 40 for that. Honestly I'm not sure if they would want to go through an entire field anyway, they could just cut to the chase and have a James/Ken/Brad match in either a highest score after 2-3 matches or first to a certain amount of wins format.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2019, 12:37:19 AM »
I'm not sure I could see them doing another Ultimate Tournament of Champions or something to that effect so soon after the All Star Games, they would likely wait until season 40 for that. Honestly I'm not sure if they would want to go through an entire field anyway, they could just cut to the chase and have a James/Ken/Brad match in either a highest score after 2-3 matches or first to a certain amount of wins format.

Yeah and really, how much of a letdown would it be....to do all that tournament play, and then have either Brad or Ken, if not both, NOT make the final. Everyone wants to see THAT, and anything else would be a disappointment. Why not just give it to us?