Author Topic: Mark Steines taping a second TPiR audition on May 14th  (Read 11918 times)

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Mark Steines taping a second TPiR audition on May 14th
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2007, 05:02:05 PM »
I'm sorry - but everyone knew it was going to be shown.  At what point do parents give up their responsibility for monitoring what is shown on their TV?  Bob gave you notice it was going to be shown.  The word was at least 30 seconds into the clip.  If you, as a parent, are that concerned about it, you could have muted your TV while it was being shown.  

The show was given a TV-PG-L rating, which should have also given you a hint....

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2007, 05:32:54 PM »
You ever stop to think that perhaps there are some parents out there is not familiar with the clip, let alone the fact that it had swearing in it? Same goes for Sandler and his swearing as well.

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2007, 06:41:52 PM »
Hence the TV-PG-L rating.....

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2007, 07:10:53 PM »
Well what if they tuned in late? Not everyone watches shows start to finish you know.

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2007, 10:33:20 AM »

pricefan18 wrote:
Well what if they tuned in late? Not everyone watches shows start to finish you know.

...and what if they just moved to the US from Bulgaria?  Seriously, I halfway agree with your concern (the language seemed a tad inappropriate given the occasion), but your hypotheticals are starting to get ridiculous.  They can't accommodate every single person who might have been watching under any given circumstance.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2007, 10:05:44 PM »
pricefan18 wrote:

You ever stop to think that perhaps there are some parents out there is not familiar with the clip, let alone the fact that it had swearing in it?

Actually, no.  Given when Happy Gilmore was released, I think it's a pretty safe bet that most fans of the show who have young kids right now have probably seen the clip before and are fully aware that it contains the word "Prizes."
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline tpirfan165

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2007, 01:01:53 AM »
well actually i recently found this radio interview that Rich Fields had on WNYO in Oswego New York :

http://www.wnyo.org/index.php?page=podcasts&show=The%20Dan%20and%20Ed%20Show&interview=Rich%20Fields%20from%20the%20Price%20is%20Right!&year=2007&month=04&day=25

which the interview was from around mid-april of this year

and he said at the end of the interview that he has talked with the people at CBS and also with the Fremantle guys.....

so i dunno if it's okay for me to say this:

but they are considering him

:headbang:
< loves it when Drew Carey attempts to make an inspiration putt, and when it misses the hole, he just does a little second putt with the ball to sink it

( as was in his 500th show) ROFL!!!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2007, 01:33:44 AM »
rfieldsfan6719 wrote:

well actually i recently found this radio interview that Rich Fields had on WNYO in Oswego New York :

http://www.wnyo.org/index.php?page=podcasts&show=The%20Dan%20and%20Ed%20Show&interview=Rich%20Fields%20from%20the%20Price%20is%20Right!&year=2007&month=04&day=25

which the interview was from around mid-april of this year

and he said at the end of the interview that he has talked with the people at CBS and also with the Fremantle guys.....

so i dunno if it's okay for me to say this:

but they are considering him

No, they aren't.  They are considering Todd Newton, George Hamilton, and Mark Steines.  I didn't listen to this interview -- I have some other things that I'd like to do before I go to bed -- so I don't know exactly what Rich said here, but he is not a candidate to replace Bob.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline gamefro

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2007, 02:20:57 AM »
In the interview, Rich mentioned that he did toss his name in to the Fremantle folks to host and said they were considering him.

However, the way Rich said all this and a bit of hesitation before he responded to the question makes me think that they didn't seriously consider him for the job.  I'm sure if Rich were seriously considered by Fremantle, he would have gotten an interview.

Rich also later said in the interview that he was happy where he is now.
Gamefro: "Retired" host of TPiR at the University of Nevada, Reno (spring 2003 - spring 2008).

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2007, 07:57:03 AM »
Both Rich himself and Bob have stated at various points that Rich was indeed being considered, so that is no surprise. But it's also clear that the consideration, sadly, never went beyond looking at some tapes that Rich put together and talking to Rich.

We do know there was never any audition taping like what Hamilton, Newton, O'Hurley, Steines, Lopez, et al. received.

Therefore, either what they saw on the tapes blew them away enough to seriously consider Rich, or (sadly, the more likely of the two scenarios) they have decided to keep Rich where he is and look outside for the new host.

Don't get me wrong. I wanted Rich to become the new host, too (kidding about Madonna and Dr. McCoy and fetish footwear aside). But I would genuinely be floored at this point if he is still in the running - much less got the job.

Plus, I will admit that everything I've personally heard (including the brief exchange at the 1/30 taping) gave me the impression that while Rich would have enjoyed hosting the new show, the idea of Rich taking over was more Bob's idea than Rich's, and Rich already feels like he has his dream job (understandable, considering that Johnny was HIS hero).

So, I look at it this way: I would love to see that happen, but for a while now, I've viewed Rich getting the job the same way I would picking up my phone to hear "Hey, it's Madonna. Wanna get together?".
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.