Author Topic: Season 48 Schedule Time  (Read 105752 times)

Offline EvilChameleon

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Season 48 Schedule Time
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2019, 10:31:43 AM »
In the announcement press release for season 48, they said they would be celebrating the 9,000th episode in October.

Offline jude_este

• Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2019, 10:47:07 AM »
Any chance they might not be having a ceremonial 9,000th?

Methinks the 9000th show is going to coincide with the conclusion of either Big Money Week or Dream Car week. I may be very wrong with this speculation about the 9000th show but this could be a reason why they haven't announced it yet.

Offline bonkers77

« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2019, 03:36:50 AM »
The Season 48 set is identical to the S47 one; everything about the audience area, turntable, etc. is the same. No major or discernible changes.

One classic game did get fully remodeled over the break... but you’ll have to watch the show to find out which one :-).

Money Game with little screen touch a-la bullseye?!

Offline jude_este

• Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2019, 12:16:57 PM »
Money Game with little screen touch a-la bullseye?!

It's not a game from the 70's from gamesurf's post from a week ago, they also added that the game that they are thinking of debuted a few years later than they thought.

Still, both the remodeled pricing game and the ceremonial 9000th show are going to keep us guessing until they actually air in the fall or if CBS Press Express shows photos of the pricing game and the show.

Offline 1DC

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2019, 01:50:32 PM »
My guess would be that it's Check Out, since it debuted in 1982, and with the way Drew always repeats what the contestant thought the price of the products was when it comes time to reveal the actual prices, if they remodeled the game prop, they could add a separate monitor listing the contestant's guesses. As it is now, the contestant's guesses are presumably written on cue cards for Drew to look at during the price reveals. 
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 01:55:38 PM by 1DC »

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2019, 02:16:47 PM »
My guess would be that it's Check Out, since it debuted in 1982, and with the way Drew always repeats what the contestant thought the price of the products was when it comes time to reveal the actual prices, if they remodeled the game prop, they could add a separate monitor listing the contestant's guesses. As it is now, the contestant's guesses are presumably written on cue cards for Drew to look at during the price reveals.

That would actually make a lot of sense. Kinda would be a throwback almost to the old model with the calculator if so.

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2019, 11:44:21 PM »
Grocery Game is my guess on which Pricing Game got remodeled.

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2019, 01:54:03 AM »
I would say either Swap Meet or Side By Side. To my knowledge, they both have never been given the refurbishment treatment. They have also been on the show for around 25+ years without an update. That's my guess.
1,675 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline Josh444

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2019, 02:18:15 AM »
Grocery Game is my guess on which Pricing Game got remodeled.

According to OP, it's not a 70's game.

Offline Trevor Tuominen

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2019, 02:53:58 AM »
I would say either Swap Meet or Side By Side. To my knowledge, they both have never been given the refurbishment treatment. They have also been on the show for around 25+ years without an update. That's my guess.

Swap Meet debuted in 1991. Side by Side debuted in 1994. OP said “‘70s game”.
"Take your job seriously, but don't take yourself too seriously." - Alex Trebek, 1940-2020

Icon by Siahri!

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2019, 03:26:24 AM »
I hope the remodeled game is Line Em Up. Line Em Up's set feels dated and needs to brought into the 21st century.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2019, 04:41:42 AM »
According to OP, it's not a 70's game.

OP said “‘70s game”.
OK, which is it, guys?

Offline Josh444

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2019, 09:36:08 AM »
Lemme modify that... “classic-ish.” It’s definitely not a 70’s game.

Turns out the game I’m thinking of debuted a few years later than I thought it did, so “classic” might be a stretch.

OK, which is it, guys?

Not a 70’s game.

Offline priac

• 10/10/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2019, 11:44:07 AM »
If I had to guess, I'd say Freeze Frame.  That giant lever the contestant pulls to stop the thing has nothing to do with photography or getting anything in a picture frame. It looks like the lever from Joker's Wild.   What's more, that reveal 'flip card' is very dated.

My second guess:  Squeeze Play.  Any game that still needs a person hiding behind the game is probably suspect for a modernization.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2019, 01:33:21 PM »
My second guess:  Squeeze Play.  Any game that still needs a person hiding behind the game is probably suspect for a modernization.

Again, not a 70's game, that debuted in 77. I don't think it's a 90's game either which Freeze Frame was.