Author Topic: Going to the September 30th, 8:30 am taping.  (Read 5156 times)

Offline racer72

• Outside in Line
Going to the September 30th, 8:30 am taping.
« on: September 14, 2019, 09:45:28 PM »
This will be me and my wife's second taping, we went for her birthday last March. That turned out to be the April Fool's day show. When we first started planning this trip, the taping we selected was shown as the Halloween episode. So we made preparations for that show then things changed. About 2 weeks worth of tapings were postponed due the issue Amber Lancaster had with the delivery of her baby. Amber almost lost her life due to blood loss but has since started the road to recovery. Her baby is doing fine. The Halloween taping has been moved to October 7th. Oh well. Just hope one of us is selected to be a contestant this time. Just hope some of my recent luck carries over too, I won $50,000 on a Powerball ticket last may, I missed winning 170 million on a transposed number, 25 was the number drawn I didn't have, I had 52 instead.

Google Amber Lancaster baby to read about the birth of her son.

Offline Drew72

• 5/2/2003
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • TPIR Alumnus
Re: Going to the September 30th, 8:30 am taping.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 10:18:16 PM »
Do you best to be personable with the staff member who interviews you in line.  They're looking for fun people who can interact well, but aren't too over the top.  I was interviewed in line by producer Phillip Wayne Rossi back in 2003 and the fact I joked around with him most likely got me on the show that day.  He asked where I worked, and I told him it was a "major" cell phone company.  He said we're not on the air so you can name the company.  I said "Can you hear me now? I hope so because I'd love to be on the show."  Just having a casual joking banter with him went a long way.
Contestant - May 2, 2003 and played One Right Price - Won trips to Montreal and Mazatlan!

Offline racer72

• Outside in Line
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 10:48:34 AM »
During my quick interview back in March, I was asked where I worked. I said a large airplane company from Seattle. This was just a few days after a airplane crash involving the new 737 Max. He asked about the 737 and I did answer that was the program I work on. He then asked my wife if she would fly on the planes I work on and she answered of course. I had hoped to mention that I graduated from the same high school as Amber Lancaster but didn't get a chance.

Offline racer72

• Outside in Line
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 09:29:16 PM »
When my wife and I first made plans to attend another taping, the one we chose was shown as the Halloween Special on TPIR ticket site. That went away about a month ago then last week the October 7th taping was shown as the Halloween Special. On TPIR website, the schedule is showing the September 30 taping, the one we are attending, as the Halloween Special. Guess we will find out when we get there. We also were sent, without asking, tickets for a September 29th taping. The email said it was a last minute change to the schedule and there wasn't enough time to advertise that taping. The ticket does state the show is subject to changes including cancellation. Our ticket for the 30th does not state this. We have plans for that day, we haven't decided what we are going to do yet.

Another change this season that my wife picked up on, sandals and high heeled shoes are not longer allowed at tapings. My wife wears sandals except when there is snow on the ground so she will have to bring some regular shoes. The taping we attended last March had a contestant that kept jumping out of her flip flops, she just took them off and went bare foot after the 3rd time.

Online Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2019, 10:49:16 PM »
I have heard that having a good story to tell, with some humor mixed in to it, helps a lot. It worked for me! Just hsve fun! Good luck!

If Stan asks you what your favorite pricing game is, that's a good sign too!
1,674 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline racer72

• Outside in Line
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2019, 07:33:47 PM »
Back from the taping. Have a few observations and no spoilers. The wait was much shorter this time, only about 3 hours instead of the 4½ hours last March. Ended up getting seated right behind George's podium. Couldn't see half the stage from there but got to talk to George quite a bit. He recognized my wife from the last visit, he signed her shirt at that taping.

Didn't get picked again. While waiting to go into the studio talked to a couple young gals sitting across from us. One of them was *spoilers redacted* Someone sitting behind us then later someone sitting right in front of us were called down, neither of them made it up on stage.

Saw an update to one of the 6 games was saw, haven's see it yet this season. Also saw the updated Side by Side game. The other 4 were unchanged. The episode is scheduled to air on November 26th. It wasn't the Halloween episode like we had hoped. There were a few others wearing Halloween themed shirts. The Halloween special was taped Monday afternoon.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 05:45:04 PM by therealcu2010 »

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2019, 05:19:04 PM »
Back from the taping. Have a few observations and no spoilers. The wait was much shorter this time, only about 3 hours instead of the 4½ hours last March. Ended up getting seated right behind George's podium. Couldn't see half the stage from there but got to talk to George quite a bit. He recognized my wife from the last visit, he signed her shirt at that taping.

Didn't get picked again. While waiting to go into the studio talked to a couple young gals sitting across from us. One of them was the first contestant selected. (redacted) Someone sitting behind us then later someone sitting right in front of us were called down (redacted)

Saw an update to one of the 6 games was saw, haven's see it yet this season. Also saw the updated Side by Side game. The other 4 were unchanged. The episode is scheduled to air on November 26th. It wasn't the Halloween episode like we had hoped. There were a few others wearing Halloween themed shirts. The Halloween special was taped Monday afternoon.

This should probably be edited for spoilers actually, mostly related to the female contestants spoke of, in particular the first one. Saying how she did in conjunction with her being the first contestant called on the show is a fairly big spoiler IMO. The other outcomes I'd say are spoilers too but not as big as that one is.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 05:24:42 PM by pricefan18 »

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2019, 07:55:32 PM »
Don't want to start a whole new thread, so I'll just throw this in here: I get periodic emails from OCA, and a new one specifically is asking for TPiR audiences.  Looks like they've got a whole lot of Priority dates open in October, and they're giving everyone in the audience this month a BOGO coupon at Du-Par's next door.  So this may be a good month to go for anybody who has a chance and has been on the fence about it.