Author Topic: Season 48 Preemptions will be finalized today.  (Read 51678 times)

Offline ThatDonGuy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Season 48 Preemptions will be finalized today.
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2019, 07:55:22 PM »
Today, CBS signed off sometime between 2 and 3 PM, meaning Price got a partial episode on the West Coast and KGMB Hawaii got the full show. Today's episode was a rerun of show 8833K from October 2, the Yvette episode.
Er, "between 2 and 3 PM" means between 11 and Noon Pacific, but TPIR airs 10-11 out here. If there was a partial episode, it was outside of the time slot.

Offline RatRace10

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2019, 09:16:37 PM »
Oops. You’re right. I keep forgetting PST (actually every time zone besides EST) gets it at 10 and not 11. Sorry about that.

I did tune into a feed of CBS Hawaii and caught the Showcases.

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2019, 09:38:29 PM »
I think the East Coast got that episode in part as well when they took a break, since I was able to catch a little bit of it.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2019, 11:29:58 AM »
(I'm not sure why they have repeats on Tuesday and Wednesday, but CBS's all-day coverage on Thursday and Friday overlaps the show's western time slot - the repeat usually airs around 3 PM Pacific time, after the second game ends, but even then, quite often the two games run so long that the episode is joined in progress.)
I don't think the time you listed is accurate.  Thursday & Friday afternoon games on CBS tip at 12:15 PM ET and the second tips at approximately 2:45 PM ET (or 30 minutes following the conclusion of the first game if it runs long).  The second game of the afternoon should end around 4:45 PM ET and 5:00 PM ET, depending on if the games took more than 2 hours to complete. That would make it around 1:45 PM PT or 2:00 PM PT when CBS signs off of afternoon basketball coverage, not 3:00 PM PT as your post noted.

Offline ThatDonGuy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2019, 06:18:24 PM »
I don't think the time you listed is accurate.  Thursday & Friday afternoon games on CBS tip at 12:15 PM ET and the second tips at approximately 2:45 PM ET (or 30 minutes following the conclusion of the first game if it runs long).  The second game of the afternoon should end around 4:45 PM ET and 5:00 PM ET, depending on if the games took more than 2 hours to complete. That would make it around 1:45 PM PT or 2:00 PM PT when CBS signs off of afternoon basketball coverage, not 3:00 PM PT as your post noted.
Well, I was thinking back to the days when CBS had all 16 of the first Thursday's and all 16 of the first Friday's games, and start times were spread out a little more. With the new system, with everybody getting the same four games each day on CBS, it does have a better idea as to when games will end everywhere.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2019, 06:36:20 PM »
Well, I was thinking back to the days when CBS had all 16 of the first Thursday's and all 16 of the first Friday's games, and start times were spread out a little more. With the new system, with everybody getting the same four games each day on CBS, it does have a better idea as to when games will end everywhere.

It's also better end time wise, since there is no bonus coverage you'd otherwise get once a main game for a market ended. That'd be the bigger thing I'd say with timing on west coast to some degree anyway.

Offline MrZone

• 10/24/01
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2019, 10:40:00 PM »
According to CBS, tomorrows show will be preempted as the Judiciary phase of the Ipeachment inquiry hearings begins.

I would guess that there will be multiple days in a row where shows will be preempted during this phase.

Offline bagels

• Outside in Line
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2019, 11:10:23 AM »
Political BS should be kept to stations that are primarily about politics, like C-Span. I'm tired of these stupid pre-emptions because of this stupid political drama.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2019, 11:24:19 AM »
Political BS should be kept to stations that are primarily about politics, like C-Span. I'm tired of these stupid pre-emptions because of this stupid political drama.

You didn't learn a damn thing from your 60-day ban, did you? Seriously, take a chill pill.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline bagels

• Outside in Line
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2019, 11:39:04 AM »
You didn't learn a damn thing from your 60-day ban, did you? Seriously, take a chill pill.

The ban was unfair. I was only expressing my opinion. Seriously, does this place not know anything about freedom of speech? I'm being serious here.

I hope Casey Abell continues to rip this place a new one.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2019, 11:49:04 AM »
Expressing your opinion is one thing. Expressing it in an extremely crude tone is quite another. I'm not particularly fond of these hearings either, but there's not much I can do except grin and bear it.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2019, 12:43:51 PM »
Seriously, does this place not know anything about freedom of speech? I'm being serious here.

Freedom of speech means that you can't be arrested for sharing your opinion. No one's suggesting you will be. However, entities are welcome to decide what types of speech they will and won't allow as long as it's not discriminatory. Thus, the mods here are welcome to say "we don't allow political opinions here" and they are well within their legal rights to have that rule and to remove people who break that rule.

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2019, 01:00:02 PM »

The networks have news divisions. This is news. That the news happens to be about the political process is entirely beside the point. The potential for impeaching the president of the US, regardless of how one feels about it, is newsworthy.

Offline ThomHuge

« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2019, 01:03:21 PM »

I hope Casey Abell continues to rip this place a new one.

Who is Casey Abell?

Offline jude_este

• Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2019, 01:16:06 PM »

Who is Casey Abell?

Some piece of bird droppings who has a blog which is read by very few people who are mainly trolls and those insulting him in the comments of his blog entries.