Author Topic: The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame class of 2020 announced  (Read 2019 times)

Offline dagdoggnh

• Walking the Golden Road
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame class of 2020 announced
« on: January 15, 2020, 04:45:40 PM »
The finalized inductee list plus some who got snubbed(that part in a video): https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/15/entertainment/rock-hall-fame-2020-inductees/index.html
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 04:47:44 PM by dagdoggnh »

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
Re: The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame class of 2020 announced
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 05:02:12 PM »
Inductees:

Depeche Mode, The Doobie Brothers, Whitney Houston, Nine Inch Nails, The Notorious B.I.G. and T-Rex.

Snubbed:

Pat Benatar, Dave Matthews Band, Judas Priest, Soundgarden, Motorhead, etc.
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 08:43:24 PM »
Congrats to the newest inductees, especially Whitney and Biggie, who will get in posthumously. I figured it would only be a matter of time before the former made it, given her hot streak of chart-toppers in the 80s and 90s before drugs derailed her career and ultimately played a part in ending her life at age 48; as for the latter, I never would've pegged him as Hall of Fame material until it started to include the hip-hop artists, but now I'm seeing things differently, and he definitely deserves to be there.

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 01:38:39 PM »
Nothing could be more Rock and Roll than rushing to kiss the ring of Rolling Stone executives who promise to use your likeness to sell $30 tickets to a tourist trap

/s
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 05:57:22 PM »
I like "Bang a Gong" fine enough, but T. Rex didn't do that much to justify inclusion.

The rest are fine, although Priest is due.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Online SamJ93

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2020, 09:25:14 PM »
Nothing could be more Rock and Roll than rushing to kiss the ring of Rolling Stone executives who promise to use your likeness to sell $30 tickets to a tourist trap

/s

In all fairness, the HOF has some cool exhibits and is a very worthwhile visit for music lovers.

I just wish they would stop taking themselves so seriously and finally induct "Weird Al" Yankovic.