Author Topic: Question  (Read 9075 times)

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: Question
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2006, 12:44:04 PM »
MSTieScott wrote:  As I've said before, Super Saver's rules make the game too difficult with the grocery companies that sponsor the show today. If the Garlique is marked $8.79, how is the contestant supposed to know if it's 20 cents too expensive or 20 cents too cheap? With such high prices and such small discounts, it becomes a game of random guessing.

Doesn't stop Roger from continually using a virtually impossible Grocery Game setup nowadays

Offline OneDollarBob

• In the Audience
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2006, 03:09:01 PM »
Yeah, Frank, Remember last Wednesday's Grocery Game when Patsy hit it square on the nose with $20.97 on the first product?  I screamed at the TV I was in such shock.

I think MSTie is right on about Superball and Super Saver.  They were great games--I love them dearly--but the price differences in SuperSaver were impossibly miniscule and Superball was pure physical skill after the SP portion.

Still, the current run of pricing games has its share of impossible-to-win-or-explain games and some of those games are quite lame when compared to Superball and Super Saver.

Though I think it *should* be brought back, Hurdles probably doesn't *deserve* it only because it's just a GP spin on Cliff Hangers, and I guess Hurdles was a mechanical nightmare, anyhow.

Offline pathfinder2119

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me immortalized as a South Park character
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2006, 04:42:19 PM »
The game that I think most deserves to come back would probably be $uper $aver. Out of all the retired games, its reason for retirement was probably the stupidest. Close behind would be Hurdles.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2006, 07:35:44 PM »
To UltraPrice, I was referring to Super Saver being retired as utterly ridiculous.

Note to Moderators: I accidentally sent a report. I pressed "report" on Ultraprice's message and I thought it was to quote. My apologies and just ignore it.