Author Topic: FPG 4/10/20 - RESULTS  (Read 1174 times)

Online OneBidTris

• 4/2/2024
  • Hosting FPG for Season 50
FPG 4/10/20 - RESULTS
« on: April 16, 2020, 11:35:14 AM »
Story time. We were already a little flustered after blitzing the whole week and having plans changed on us last minute. Then we get inside and the monitors weren't working. They were flickering and making a noise, so we had to wait what felt like an hour for them to put up those fake panels we saw on the show. It sounded like there was a worse stopdown recently, so at least they were prepared this time. Plus we got to see the director so that's cool.

What this meant was that instead of getting Thursday like the board before going said, we got the Friday show. The first half was pretty great. Vend for a car was a nice surprise, Range is rarer and I was so glad to knock another game off my list with T2. The results didn't pan out, but we liked that first half. I have no idea why they thought to do Hot Seat with the monitors borking, but they did it and we were disappointed. JJ and I always seem to hit that game and we thought it was safe. Squeeze and Line were alright, but nothing new for us.

A bit bummed the results didn't pan out at all, but Hot Seat guy did well (and some of you will be very appreciative of it) and the monitors gave us something to talk about. Plus, what happened after that show was better than anything I could've expected and made everything seem okay. But that's another story for another day.

Close race at the top, and 123 medals yet again.