Author Topic: What game would you like to see refurbished next?  (Read 5796 times)

Offline wheelfan1991

• Walking the Golden Road
  • "If you overbid ONE MORE TIME!!!"
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
Re: What game would you like to see refurbished next?
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2020, 09:55:21 AM »
I'll go with the consensus on Money Game. I'd also add Squeeze Play, Range Game, Spelling Bee, and Cover Up to the mix; as well as One Away.
“Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” —Og Mandino

Offline brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2020, 09:20:18 PM »
One of the reasons I enjoyed doing the Pricing Games Around The World thread was to see how the various games could look with different colour schemes or prop/staging concepts, for better or worse.

The ones that stood out that I'd love to see adapted to the US series were:

Balance Game - changing the colour scheme to Thailand's (although I'd make the diamond behind the scale entirely blue):

Golden Road - changing the grocery item podium to something like Argentina's, with a new, modern Golden Road nameplate at the top:

Bolder colour tones for a number of games like Money Game, Check-Out, Hi Lo, It's In The Bag etc.  The blue in this Money Game and yellow in this Check-Out pop a lot more than their US counterparts:

Bonkers - Replacing the current font (which was popular for about 5 minutes in 2001) with bolder, clearer numbers like in the last UK show:

Range Game & Pick-A-Number - totally new props with new colours and, for Range Game, larger numbers.  Argentina has some nice sets for both games.

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2020, 11:21:41 AM »
I honestly think that having a plasma screen for the display readouts on Check-Out here in the US would look strange. Even though the last 2 refurbishments were replacing the center vane display and the title having an all new look, I like how they still use the original win/loss display and the total display on top. I'd like to see a small refurbishment on Switcheroo for the timer, but leave the display that shows the number correct as it is. I think that Balance game would look cool with a blue & orange color scheme, almost similar to Thailand's. Pick A Number could definitely use a new color scheme. I noticed that Pick-A-Number & Range Game in Argentina has really nice color schemes.

Offline magic#92

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2020, 02:53:17 AM »
Shopping Spree could use an update. The current prop is stuck in the 90s.
This is Wilford Brimley reminding you to help control your diabeetus.  Check your blood sugar and check it often.

Offline TPIR501

• Outside in Line
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2020, 05:38:00 PM »
None of them. I hope that's ok to say. I am sorry to hear what happened outside CBS television city Yesterday.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 05:44:59 PM by TPIR501 »