Author Topic: Kids Say The Darndest Things and Candid Camera  (Read 2248 times)

Offline TPIRFan1995

• In the Audience
Kids Say The Darndest Things and Candid Camera
« on: July 29, 2020, 07:55:32 PM »
I was thinking earlier today that Kids Say The Darndest Things could be revived. Steve Harvey could host, since he hosted Little Big Shots for NBC. The show could travel to Bos and Washington like Bill Cosby's version and air Friday nights at 8:00 on CBS. It deserves it after Tiffany's version was canceled after a season on ABC due to low ratings. Also, is Candid Camera getting revived this year? I read that Peter Funt is trying to get it revived. There were 20 specials between October 22 1981 and November 7 1997 before it became a series co-hosted by Suzanne Somers on February 27 1998-July 23 2000 before it moved to Pax from 2001-2004 and TV Land in 2016. It can air Friday nights at 8:30 on CBS with Peter and Suzanne co-hosting. With Steve   hosting Kids Say,, each show could possibly last three to five years if not more.

Clickbait title edited to remove clickbait-y-ness - PTR
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 10:26:37 PM by PayingTheRent »

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
Greed, Russian Roulette, Downfall, and Chain Reaction can all get revived, but it's never going to happen.

I'll be honest; I've never seen either of those shows, and I assume you have nostalgia like the shows I listed. Yet, if there isn't any official news, I wouldn't hold my breath, and I don't think I can contribute anything else useful to this conversiation.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
So the title of this thread should be: “I think there could be a possible kids.... revival ... “ so as make it accurately reflect the contents.

Offline TPIRFan1995

• In the Audience
Can someone edit the thread title for me?

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
Do you have any sources to backup your post?
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
Do you have any sources to backup your post?
No, just looks like "I wish this show would come back" crapola.

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
Um, a show that was canned after a season for low ratings doesn’t exactly “deserve” a re-do a couple of years later. And that sets aside it doesn’t fit where CBS has been on Friday nights for several years now.

Offline TPIRFan1995

• In the Audience
At the end of the article, it said that Peter "is working on a Candid Camera revival for 2018" https://www.mountaintimes.info/candid-camera-peter-funt-present-rescheduled-show/

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
At the end of the article, it said that Peter "is working on a Candid Camera revival for 2018" https://www.mountaintimes.info/candid-camera-peter-funt-present-rescheduled-show/
And considering 2018 came and went two years ago, I'm not expecting anything, and neither should you.

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
No, just looks like "I wish this show would come back" crapola.

I kind of see this as a, "Here's a great idea for a new pricing game," or "Here's some awesome changes to (name of game show) I would make if I were in charge."

Sure, there are a lot of changes I could recommend for a given show. There are a lot of shows I wish could come back. (And yes, this is with the admission that Steve Harvey presiding over a modern-day "Kids ... " revival would be fun.)

But I also know it is highly unlikely that something will happen anytime soon. So what use is there to suggest a comeback unless we get official news?