Author Topic: 2020 NFL Season  (Read 44859 times)

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
Re: 2020 NFL Season
« Reply #105 on: November 12, 2020, 03:51:38 PM »
I'm surprised they're still planning to go ahead with a traditional halftime show given that the chances are high that nobody will be allowed to attend the Super Bowl, and the large number of people required to make it happen would be an outbreak waiting to happen. Maybe they plan to pre-record it for broadcast?
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #106 on: November 12, 2020, 05:26:10 PM »
The Super Bowl is in Florida this season.  The last I heard their governor lifted restrictions to where full capacity was allowed there.  Fortunately Tampa, Jacksonville, and Miami used common sense and didn't change their maximum capacity.  Though in my opinion, it was more league-driven and less team-driven.  Right or wrong I don't think any team would want to deal with an outbreak that could cost them down the road in several ways.

Barring a major surge, I think there will be fans, but at a reasonable number (10,000 perhaps).  That would be reasonable for the halftime show and the game itself.  I'll be honest: I totally did not think about the Super Bowl halftime show this year.  I usually do, but for obvious reasons I didn't.  I'm surprised as well that there will be one, and that the Weeknd "volunteered" to perform.  I would've hoped that someone would've waited until 2022 and beyond, but maybe the Weeknd will be invited back in a couple years given the pandemic
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #107 on: November 12, 2020, 09:42:31 PM »
Right now the plan is to allow 20% capacity in the stadium (13-15,000 people), with fans being required to wear masks and being seated in "pods."

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #108 on: November 15, 2020, 12:10:25 PM »
Right now the plan is to allow 20% capacity in the stadium (13-15,000 people), with fans being required to wear masks and being seated in "pods."

That's fair enough.  I wonder what the costs will be given everything, especially with a limited number of seats.

I wasn't ever going to the game, even without a pandemic.  My second home or new "winter" home is in the area so the original plan was to be there for Super Bowl week.  Outside of the Steelers getting to the Super Bowl, there were no plans to actually attend the game itself.  It will be an interesting period, but hopefully the last time that will occur, ever.

Speaking of the Steelers, the result against the Bengals will not be a shock, regardless of the outcome.  I think Cincinnati is for real and might be 1-2 years & a defense away from being a major contender.  IMO, Cincy reminds me of Cleveland 2 years ago when they rallied in the second half and finished strong against expectations.  Pittsburgh might point to covid issues in an event of a loss, but the Bengals have been dealing with the coronavirus as well.  Cincy had a bye, but despite the fan turnout, it's at Heinz Field.

Week Ten Picks includes: Cleveland, Detroit, Tampa, Philadelphia, Green Bay, Buffalo, Miami, Vegas, Seattle, New Orleans, Baltimore, and Chicago.

The Eagles are getting several people back.  Despite the jokes on a 5-win NFC Team, I think Philly might run away and possibly get that number to 7-9 wins.  The problem is they are losing several people, including their entire defensive line, thanks to their assistant coach testing positive

Edited because the second after I posted, I learned of the news that the Eagles are dealing with their own outbreak
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 12:19:10 PM by SeaBreeze341 »

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
« Reply #109 on: November 15, 2020, 06:06:34 PM »

There's still the fact that the halftime show, at least as we know it, is more than just a short concert. It's a stage show- a massive spectacle at that, one that requires an extremely large number of people in the same close proximity at once to pull off, especially when the show is live. It takes a lot of hands to set up and tear down the entire stage in just a few moments. This is a possible super spreader event waiting to happen.

Of course, it is Florida, one of the more...errm, irresponsible... states when it comes to handling this pandemic...

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #110 on: November 15, 2020, 07:38:08 PM »
YES!! My Cardinals pulled off their most unlikely win since moving to Arizona in 1988 as Kyler Murray threw an incredible 43 yard game winning touchdown pass to DeAndre Hopkins with 2 seconds left. Murray also ran for 2 touchdowns in the game. DeAndre Hopkins, you're the man! :)

Cardinals now find themselves in a 3 way tie for 1st place in the NFC West as the Cardinals, Seahawks, and Rams are all 6-3.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #111 on: November 16, 2020, 09:37:05 AM »
Atlanta is getting 7 against the Saints next week. With Jameis Winston as Drew Brees' back-up, the Saints should roll handily.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2020, 10:49:32 AM »
Buffalo shows HC Sean McDermott the door after the conclusion of last night's Cardinals-Buffalo game.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2020, 10:55:08 AM »
Buffalo shows HC Sean McDermott the door after the conclusion of last night's Cardinals-Buffalo game.

What?!

Online pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #114 on: November 16, 2020, 12:40:23 PM »
All of a sudden, Baltimore looks like a middling team that may struggle to even make the playoffs this year after losing their TE for the season. Combined with depleted lineman both offensively and defensively, what advantages the Ravens had are all but gone compared to a few weeks ago. And it was very fitting that the heaviest downpour came right during the final drive, and all of a sudden, the Patriots have renewed playoff hopes, even if its a longshot. If they lose against TN on Sunday, they will be out of playoff position and will likely get manhandled by Pittsburgh on Thanksgiving. Even if they win out the remaining games, 11-5 may not be enough to sneak into the playoffs this year in the AFC.

Too bad Washington's rally fell just a little bit short against the Lions against the NFL's FG record holder; otherwise they would have been just a half game behind the Eagles. It's looking like we'll have a playoff team with a losing record this year, unless if one of those teams turns red hot down the stretch.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2020, 04:00:05 PM »

I don't know where you heard this, but it cannot be verified by any credible source, so as such, it's fake news. Sean McDermott is very much still the Bills' coach.

In an era where misinformation spreads like wildfire (and people are gullible enough to gobble it up and accept it as truth), be very careful about what you post...

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #116 on: November 16, 2020, 06:03:57 PM »
Meanwhile culpability. My source was errant. I retract my report.
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #117 on: November 16, 2020, 11:49:30 PM »
Meanwhile culpability. My source was errant. I retract my report.

At first I was stunned from your post.  Then when nothing came from it (no confirmation from Glazer, Schefty, Rap Sheet etc) I figured it was a joke, or just inaccurate.  No big deal.

Sean McDermott getting fired would have been the worst move in NFL history, even topping the final offensive play in the Seahawks most recent Super Bowl.  If Buffalo had lost due to a successful miracle from Arizona (similar to how Miami beat New England last year), and they had been 4-6 & on a 4-game losing streak, in addition to the Bills underperforming for the past 3 seasons, then a change would be more reasonable (though I'd disagree with it mid-season).

Well, Cousins finally wins on Monday Night.  Not a great game, but the Vikings maintain their status.  On the other side, I'm feeling bad for Foles.  It hasn't been great as of late for the Bears, but I hate to see those types of injuries, in addition to any injury.  Not a great week for QB's

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #118 on: November 17, 2020, 07:34:12 AM »
And I meant to say "Mea culpa," but I was using my phone and our good friend Autocorrect changed it. :P
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #119 on: November 20, 2020, 12:38:04 AM »
My Cardinals lose to the Seahawks 28-21 as their last ditch effort is snuffed out by Carlos Dunlap. At 6-4, the Cardinals still have a chance to make the playoffs BUT they MUST play better in the 1st 1/2 of games in order to do so. The Cardinals got away with their slow start against the Bills as the Hail Murray bailed them out but starting too slowly caught up with the Cardinals tonight. Better starts to games will be required for a successful rest of the season.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.