Author Topic: 2020 NFL Season  (Read 44837 times)

Online SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
Re: 2020 NFL Season
« Reply #180 on: December 06, 2020, 04:53:08 PM »
Derek Carr and the Raiders pull a miracle against the Jets, who are now 0-12.

That wasn't a miracle.  That was the Jets being the Jets!
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Online SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #181 on: December 06, 2020, 05:54:11 PM »
Several teams had opportunities to pull out late wins but couldn't (Bears, Falcons, Texans) Only the Raiders made the clutch play.

With their own win and the Bears, the Saints clinched a playoff berth.

How bout those Browns! Just wow!

Cleveland nearly blew a 31-point lead.  I get not keeping the foot on to make it 76-14 but Tennessee nearly came back.  If it was the old Pats vs a loveable team, that totally would've happened.

You know it's 2020 when a team is 11-0 and isn't the first team to clinch anything.

Hats off to the Raiders, but really the Jets blew it because they rushed the QB as opposed to protecting the sidelines and the endzone.  Las Vegas' goal was to win the game, and they did.  I just wouldn't call it a miracle.  Just my opinion

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #182 on: December 06, 2020, 06:17:26 PM »
Miracle no. Clutch yes. Jets did blow it though. Poor Trevor Lawrence. On the other hand, if the Raiders ending up beating the Patriots by 1 game for that last playoff spot, the Patriots really rule losing to the Texans.

Meanwhile, Aaron Rodgers has become the 7th quarterback in NFL history to reach 400 career touchdown passes doing so in a record low 193 games.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
« Reply #183 on: December 06, 2020, 07:18:48 PM »
The Giants, with Colt McCoy under center, beat the Seahawks for the first time in 10 years!  xlx xlx xlx
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Online SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #184 on: December 06, 2020, 07:45:06 PM »
Meanwhile, the Patriots shut out the Chargers big time.  45-0.  Pretty much the first time in a couple decades that I picked against New England (against an above average team or worse).  I think I decided not to pick them based on inexcusable losses to Denver, San Francisco, and most recently, Houston.  I don't think I can rule them out anymore since they hold the tiebreaker against the Ravens & Raiders (the two teams close to them in the standings)

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #185 on: December 06, 2020, 11:29:38 PM »
Despite not playing their best game, the Chiefs clinched a playoff berth with a 22-16 win over the Broncos but Honey Badger got a game clinching interception. Travis Kelce became the 1st tight end in NFL history with 5 consecutive 1000 yard seasons.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Online SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #186 on: December 07, 2020, 07:52:41 AM »
Travis Kelce has overtaken Gronkowski in terms of the best tight end in the NFL.  I do have to check the numbers, and that could be premature.  It shouldn't be, but an argument can be made for Kelce.  Rob didn't have anything like that, mainly because he missed time a lot over the past decade.  Travis didn't even play with Mahomes during this streak, Gronk has had Brady throwing to him his entire career.

I don't know if Gronk ever reached 1000 yards in a season where he got put on IR and didn't return.  I don't know off the top of my head, but I think it might have happened four years ago

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #187 on: December 07, 2020, 02:37:02 PM »
New Orleans has all but punched their ticket to the postseason with their 21-16 win over Atlanta. And without Drew Brees.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Online SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #188 on: December 07, 2020, 04:35:54 PM »
New Orleans has all but punched their ticket to the postseason with their 21-16 win over Atlanta. And without Drew Brees.

The Saints are already in.  They were the first team to make it, thanks to the Steelers game being pushed back, and for Chicago's failure to defeat their division rival at home.  That's six straight losses for the Bears, the latest coming from a Detroit Lions team that just fired its head coach 10 days ago.

My first reason was somewhat of a joke, BTW.  The Steelers are heavily favored, but taking Washington and the points is the way to go.  Anything can happen, and while it looks like the Steelers should win, Washington has professional football players on their team too.

Looks like the Jets scapegoated, at the expense of Gregg Williams.  Or not; but what a horrible call from the defensive coordinator

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #189 on: December 07, 2020, 08:30:29 PM »
A no-named team will give the Steelers their first loss.

Online SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #190 on: December 07, 2020, 08:36:40 PM »
A no-named team will give the Steelers their first loss.

A no-named team gave the Steelers their first loss in 2020

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #191 on: December 08, 2020, 01:56:57 AM »
The NFC East is down to Washington and the Giants now. The Eagles don't have a quarterback and the Cowboys are in shambles.

Gronk actually had 4 1000 yard seasons but never more than 2 in a row (11, 14, 15. 17.) Kelce's 5 in a row is unprecedented. As Gronk is clearly past his prime, Kelce is definitely the best tight end in the NFL at this nanosecond and has been since the 2018 season. 

Meanwhile, the Bills get to 9-3 with a 34-24 over the 49ers as Josh Allen throws 4 touchdowns, including 1 to Cole Beasley, who caught 9 passes for 130 yards.  Interferingly, the Bills and 49ers both scored 17 points in the 2nd 1/2. The real difference in the game was that the Bills outscored the 49ers 17-0 in the 2nd 1/4. The Bills maintain a 1 game lead over the Dolphins in the AFC East. 

Online SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #192 on: December 08, 2020, 11:58:47 AM »
The NFC East is down to Washington and the Giants now. The Eagles don't have a quarterback and the Cowboys are in shambles.

Gronk actually had 4 1000 yard seasons but never more than 2 in a row (11, 14, 15. 17.) Kelce's 5 in a row is unprecedented. As Gronk is clearly past his prime, Kelce is definitely the best tight end in the NFL at this nanosecond and has been since the 2018 season. 

Meanwhile, the Bills get to 9-3 with a 34-24 over the 49ers as Josh Allen throws 4 touchdowns, including 1 to Cole Beasley, who caught 9 passes for 130 yards.  Interferingly, the Bills and 49ers both scored 17 points in the 2nd 1/2. The real difference in the game was that the Bills outscored the 49ers 17-0 in the 2nd 1/4. The Bills maintain a 1 game lead over the Dolphins in the AFC East. 

Good to know re: Gronk.  When healthy, Rob was that good, but the team he played for held the division title every nanosecond within a calendar year.  In fact, they were no more than two wins away from winning a superbowl for 8 consecutive years.  Unless Kansas City can, I could be around for nine lifetimes (which, I’d say no chance right now), and I’m never going see the dominance New England had ever again.  Either way, Kelce has a great chance at becoming the best tight end, period.  No debate.  IMO, he’s definitely Canton-bound.

Nice win against San Francisco for the Bills.  The Niners were missing several players, but Buffalo can only play against the players that are on the field when the game comes and goes.  Unlike the Steelers, they did enough to win and win comfortably.  No inconsistency, just a great game

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #193 on: December 08, 2020, 01:13:20 PM »

In fairness to Philadelphia and Dallas, it would be hard for even a great quarterback to thrive behind offensive lines as heavily injured as they've been thus far.  In Wentz's case, I personally suspect that, like I myself do sometimes, in such situations he then tries to do too much to compensate, which when done wrong can go wrong--but he's not lost yet, as there've still been enough flashes of the better Wentz from time to time this year to warrant staying with him at least partially through the end of the guaranteed part of his current contract.  I'd still shake up the team's coaching staff (although keep Pederson for now) and front office after the season, but for now would hold back from a total and complete overhaul, as there's still a basis of a good team there to build on. 

Online JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #194 on: December 08, 2020, 03:48:33 PM »
Speaking of Philadelphia, Jalen Hurts has been named the starter for Sundays game against the Saints.