Author Topic: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV  (Read 363817 times)

Offline TheVNTPIRFan

• In the Audience
  • marktran
Re: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV
« Reply #1320 on: October 14, 2022, 12:29:41 PM »
I and Jsach are now receiving copyright claims for 1985 clips/episodes on our channels. A really good sign of the channel finally refreshing.

I can confirm the moment where Lawrence kissed Bob was episode #5673D, from April 3, 1985.

Online C8

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #1321 on: October 14, 2022, 03:02:12 PM »
Probably won't get to them this refresh but very interested to get to the announcer tryouts. I've never heard any of them and I'm of course curious to hear Bob Hilton's (since he was supposedly in line for the job) and Rod's (since he got it).

Offline TheVNTPIRFan

• In the Audience
  • marktran
« Reply #1322 on: October 15, 2022, 12:03:30 AM »
In addition, one of the claims I got also gives us clues about certain upcoming set changes.

The clip where Blance came on down, went on stage and told Bob about Truth or Consequences was from #5724D, aired May 9, 1985.

All the audience seats were still blue in that clip, so the transition from blue to red must happened sometime between May 9 and June 3 that year.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 12:09:49 AM by TheVNTPIRFan »

Offline vnisanian2001

« Reply #1323 on: October 15, 2022, 05:31:39 PM »
I noticed the episode where Bump debuted hasn't been blocked. Does this mean Adam Scimone was right?

Offline vnisanian2001

« Reply #1324 on: October 15, 2022, 07:12:48 PM »
Sorry, didn't notice that nothing from Season 14, including the premiere, was blocked yet.

Offline TheVNTPIRFan

• In the Audience
  • marktran
« Reply #1325 on: October 15, 2022, 07:37:17 PM »
So do the June 1985 episodes - but I think these will be put in the Content ID in the next few days...

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #1326 on: October 16, 2022, 11:48:08 AM »
I and Jsach are now receiving copyright claims for 1985 clips/episodes on our channels. A really good sign of the channel finally refreshing.

I can confirm the moment where Lawrence kissed Bob was episode #5673D, from April 3, 1985.
xlx

Finally!

That clip is still up on Wink's channel, and narrows the change from the silver to black microphones in Contestant's Row from March 22 to April 3. Still, I treat Wink's channel like Pluto's in a similar manner. It's a good sign that two weeks from today could mean the moment that fresh episodes drop, given that content ID claims typically arrive two weeks before the new shows launch. This is still well worth the eight-month wait, with just five out of the next 100 episodes known to be confirmed.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline TheVNTPIRFan

• In the Audience
  • marktran
« Reply #1327 on: October 17, 2022, 10:12:06 AM »
They finally made an official announcement today - however only two episodes will be released each night (8-10pm ET), from 10/24 to 11/17, for a total of 50 episodes.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #1328 on: October 17, 2022, 10:15:51 AM »
Hey, 50 is better than 0.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #1329 on: October 17, 2022, 12:03:13 PM »
While I'll be occupied with a lot, both on and off the TV, 8-10 every night is also better than nothing.  It's still fairly easy to make it work since I can view everything with my new smartphones, one of my newer phones.

There's speculation elsewhere if they'll rerun it and when.  10-Midnight Eastern was mentioned, and I though 8-10 AM the next day could work
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #1330 on: October 17, 2022, 12:41:01 PM »
This explains why those three episodes from June 1985 are still unblocked, but should still be checked upon after this next round is finished in case we get anything else. The scheduling should also provide a nice way for #retrotime in Discord to be more active as well with more folks joining in. This  should be a fun watch that should take us up to at least 5735D (May 17, 1985) provided that there aren't any skips. With such long cycles from the current rotation, it only makes sense to provide a special time to drop a couple at a time, not unlike the earliest days when six episodes dropped per day before resuming the standard rotation. Best of all, none of the next 50 episodes contain any completely confirmed lineups, so it certainly is worth watching. I remember a spring 1985 episode on GSN's WIN TV circa 1998 with the flip titles and original audience seats intact, but it doesn't look like anybody recorded it.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 12:46:08 PM by pannoni1 »
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline TheVNTPIRFan

• In the Audience
  • marktran
« Reply #1331 on: October 17, 2022, 09:59:13 PM »
One of their recent replies confirmed that the new batch will start with episode #5635D (March 8, 1985), thankfully no skips between the batches.

While I'll be occupied with a lot, both on and off the TV, 8-10 every night is also better than nothing.  It's still fairly easy to make it work since I can view everything with my new smartphones, one of my newer phones.

It's also possible that Freevee and Roku may roll out these episodes all at once before Pluto, Redbox and Xumo do so, given the way the streams work. This was the case with the previous batch when we ended up seeing new episodes on Freevee (then IMDB TV) first.

Offline TheVNTPIRFan

• In the Audience
  • marktran
« Reply #1332 on: October 20, 2022, 11:02:10 AM »
It has been confirmed from the Roku schedule that episode #5643D (March 13, 1985) will be skipped. It's now up to March 14, 1985 (#5644D).

Unfortunately, I think that's the episode with a Race Game blooper where the timer counted up to 63, which has been on YouTube for years. I knew beforehand it was from early March 1985 based on the pitch of the buzzer.

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
« Reply #1333 on: October 24, 2022, 08:34:28 PM »
For those not in the know, we're watching fresh episodes in the Discord! Link is at the top of the page. Come join us! There's a lot of interesting moments happening!

YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1334 on: October 27, 2022, 10:42:21 PM »
5652D was bizarre. A 5 year old was in the audience and Bob gave him a lot of attention and even some prizes (Make a Wish?!), and Bonus featured a one-day model contract!?
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...