Author Topic: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV  (Read 363615 times)

Offline Combs

• In Contestant's Row
Re: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV
« Reply #1575 on: October 05, 2023, 10:15:52 PM »
Really disappointing that the premiere episode is forever banned from airing again due to a fur coat.

Definitely. At least it's on YouTube.

Offline Game Girl

• In Contestant's Row
  • game girl was a nickname for game boy as a kid.
« Reply #1576 on: October 09, 2023, 02:43:10 AM »
Has it ever been established whether or not any of the networks showing the old episodes are contractually prohibited from broadcasting any episodes with furs?

Because I'd think if it was just an issue of 'yes, we can broadcast episodes with furs as prizes, but we haven't broadcast any as a courtesy to Bob,' now that Bob's no longer with us there'd be no legal reason not to show them and the estate has no say in the matter.

I kinda agree that it could possibly be not related. The original Bill collins price is right was on buzzer for more than a year showing fur coats.

maybe it is a image thing for Bob. (not wanting his face next year a fur coat) but I will say no matter what their opinion about furs are I get this feeling that people in general do not feel like getting a coat with real fur after watching these episodes these days is made of been back when the ban was made for various reasons. (One of which is that they are synthetics now) basically it had its place but I think it's place but it might have faded in sorts.

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Recaps can feel like a behemoth task.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #1577 on: October 09, 2023, 09:48:17 AM »
Bill's last name is actually Cullen. There's even a retro recap section with his last name on it.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes. (Taking a breather as of April 25, 2024.)

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #1578 on: October 09, 2023, 11:43:16 AM »
I kinda agree that it could possibly be not related. The original Bill collins price is right was on buzzer for more than a year showing fur coats.

maybe it is a image thing for Bob. (not wanting his face next year a fur coat) but I will say no matter what their opinion about furs are I get this feeling that people in general do not feel like getting a coat with real fur after watching these episodes these days is made of been back when the ban was made for various reasons. (One of which is that they are synthetics now) basically it had its place but I think it's place but it might have faded in sorts.
Bill Cullen was not the animal activist and anti-fur advocate that Bob was. The fur episodes are not shown because of Bob, that stipulation doesn't apply to other shows.

Online alansh42

• In the Audience
« Reply #1579 on: October 15, 2023, 11:59:14 PM »
I was watching this evening and there was some crazy stuff going on. One episode had the first SS spinner spin again on .80 (and went over).

Another had the Range Finder jam and the pointer came off when Bob tried to fix it. He floated it up the scale and stopped when the contestant pressed the button. It was a win.

And another had the One Away prop with a protective plywood box still over the neon logo. Bob had a stagehand come on camera to help him lift it off. A win after two honks (4 digits).

Offline Kirk_Morgan

• Outside in Line
« Reply #1580 on: October 19, 2023, 04:20:12 PM »
I'm angry Pluto will cut into a pricing game with a commercial and not go back to where it was interrupted.Is this so the case with Roku? I say show the shows in their entirety or don't show them at all! 😡

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #1581 on: October 19, 2023, 10:25:24 PM »
I'm angry Pluto will cut into a pricing game with a commercial and not go back to where it was interrupted.Is this so the case with Roku? I say show the shows in their entirety or don't show them at all! 😡

Calm down.

The Pluto feed doesn't always work correctly.  Commercials sometimes load when they aren't supposed to.  I promise they aren't doing it just to get you angry.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Kirk_Morgan

• Outside in Line
« Reply #1582 on: October 20, 2023, 02:56:35 PM »
Yes,I realize that now I've cooled off,But it's like watching Perhaps watching a murder mystery and it cuts out just before finding out who the killer is....

Offline djryan

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #1583 on: November 13, 2023, 09:45:28 AM »
From "The Price is Right: The Barker Era"

COME ON DOWN and go back to Season 1 of The “New” Price Is Right!
This batch of fresh episodes coming to The Price Is Right: The Barker Era channel will celebrate Bob Barker’s legacy and include 60 episodes from the show’s premiere season in 1972. New episodes will air every weeknight starting at 8p ET from Mon., Nov. 27 to Sun., Jan. 7.

The episodes included in this batch will be 0012-0465. Some episodes will be skipped due to content or issues with the source footage. Most nights, two new episodes will air. Some nights a new episode plus "The Price Is Right: A Tribute to Bob Barker" special will air.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=827080966086484

COME ON DOWN!

Offline Sotc2022

• In the Audience
« Reply #1584 on: November 13, 2023, 02:58:53 PM »
From "The Price is Right: The Barker Era"

COME ON DOWN and go back to Season 1 of The “New” Price Is Right!
This batch of fresh episodes coming to The Price Is Right: The Barker Era channel will celebrate Bob Barker’s legacy and include 60 episodes from the show’s premiere season in 1972. New episodes will air every weeknight starting at 8p ET from Mon., Nov. 27 to Sun., Jan. 7.

The episodes included in this batch will be 0012-0465. Some episodes will be skipped due to content or issues with the source footage. Most nights, two new episodes will air. Some nights a new episode plus "The Price Is Right: A Tribute to Bob Barker" special will air.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=827080966086484
The photo doesn't give any indication of the special airing

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #1585 on: November 13, 2023, 10:01:56 PM »
The photo doesn't give any indication of the special airing

But the first comment, which comes from the channel itself, does.

Reiterating from my response to your other comment:  Please do not correct people when they aren't wrong.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline publisher

• In the Audience
« Reply #1586 on: November 17, 2023, 11:22:41 AM »
Happy Birthday to us all.

"Join us in honoring Bob Barker's legacy with a special airing of 60 episodes from the premiere season of The Price Is Right in 1972. Catch the fresh episodes, starting at 8p ET, beginning Mon., Nov. 27."

https://x.com/TPIRBarker/status/1725333181745041492?s=20

EDIT: My apology. Saw this posted in its own thread.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 06:06:11 PM by publisher »

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #1587 on: November 27, 2023, 10:53:06 AM »
Worth noting since today is the day: they are airing the Bob Barker retrospective special first at 8 today, then 0012 and 0013 afterwards.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Online TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #1588 on: November 27, 2023, 08:03:34 PM »
Drew intro is the intro that acknowledges Bob’s date of passing, this is also the version of the BB tribute show that was shown on daytime
« Last Edit: November 27, 2023, 08:42:15 PM by TinoStar11 »

Online C8

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #1589 on: December 07, 2023, 09:03:28 PM »
Not to sound disrespectful but do we know how often they’re going to show the Barker tribute. It’s getting pretty old how often it’s on.