Author Topic: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV  (Read 369056 times)

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
Re: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV
« Reply #750 on: February 09, 2021, 09:11:06 AM »
No April Fools episode, as it has been skipped.  There was a little speculation elsewhere that they could save 4865 to air on 04/01/2021.  However I don't think they'd skip it for that reason.  They aired the Christmas Episodes in order along with the Valentine's Day show, so that would go off of their routine
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Online TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #751 on: February 09, 2021, 01:25:40 PM »
Spoilers for 4875D

There was another instance of a contestant getting all six GPs right but missing the putt from the closest line. That was painful to watch.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline supersaver87

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #752 on: February 10, 2021, 09:23:00 AM »
Shame since that episode is shaded in gray on the pricing game calendar. Is that one unconfirmed because GSN never aired it, either?

I don't know for sure, but I'm willing to bet this is the case. I checked quite a few collections for the skipped episode; traders have 3/22/83 and 3/24/83, but not the 23rd.

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer
« Reply #753 on: February 11, 2021, 08:44:46 AM »
I don't have a complete list of every show GSN did/didn't air but have semi-complete notes of the period and it's my understanding that 4853D was skipped by GSN as well back in the 90s. Barring an original broadcast turning up, I would consider it extremely unlikely we ever see that episode. 

From 4851D onwards to - as of this post - 4913D, every episode except for 4853D has aired either on GSN or Pluto.  Pluto's skipped around a half dozen that GSN aired, while Pluto's also aired a small number that GSN never broadcast for one reason or another (music clearance, damage to GSN's copy, pre-emption on GSN that wasn't made good by sliding schedule back a day)

Offline NickintheATL

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • TV Button Pusher
    • nicholasmooneyhan.com
« Reply #754 on: February 12, 2021, 05:10:47 PM »
One thing of note in the last batch of new episodes (and Steve has already noted this for me in the FAQ) is that Episode #4903D has the first use of the 1983 music package.

The cue is what TVPMM has listed as Track 2 - Theme 1 Synth Lead. More new music is heard throughout that show.

Can't wait to hear more of the new music in the episodes to be added!

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #755 on: February 16, 2021, 09:28:57 PM »
Another new batch of episodes will begin tonight (technically tomorrow) at midnight Eastern Time, starting with 4914D. We'll see if any episodes will be skipped like the last batch or if they'll run without skipping, as well as how many will be included in this batch.

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #756 on: February 16, 2021, 10:32:12 PM »
I don't have a complete list of every show GSN did/didn't air but have semi-complete notes of the period and it's my understanding that 4853D was skipped by GSN as well back in the 90s. Barring an original broadcast turning up, I would consider it extremely unlikely we ever see that episode.

I may have missed it, and if so I apologize, but do we have an official reason why 4853D may have been skipped and/or never rerun? (FWIW – Would correspond to an episode aired March 23, 1983.)

Brian

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #757 on: February 16, 2021, 10:49:10 PM »
It's likely due to technical issues, as mentioned.  While Pluto didn't address this recent skip, they previously addressed what goes into the decision to skip episodes. 

1336730770736467968[/tweet]?s=20]
Here is the post
from their Twitter account that might help explain what happened.  Thanks to JediJones for posting it upthread, as I had seen that back around the time they tweeted it, but was unable to locate it when this was inquired about a month or so ago

Offline RatRace10

« Reply #758 on: February 17, 2021, 12:47:20 AM »
Spoiler for the first episode of the new batch 4914D:

Perfect show!!

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #759 on: February 18, 2021, 02:42:06 AM »
Just like the last two batches, this new batch is another 30 episodes, bringing it up to 190 as at 6 am Eastern they'll go back to 4581D once again.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #760 on: February 18, 2021, 08:30:52 AM »
As a result, several of the newer episodes that aired overnight (EST) will air around the same time next week.  From there, when you factor in the final 10, which includes the last two episodes of the CBS Soaps Special, the week promoting TPHG, and then the first 3 of Season 12, that would get the total up to 200 by 2 PM on 02/26.

The good news is that the season finale & season premiere weeks air at a reasonable time.  Well the finale week wouldn't in terms of PST

Offline RatRace10

« Reply #761 on: February 18, 2021, 12:31:04 PM »
Were any episodes skipped in the new batch? 4925D is gray on the calendar.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #762 on: February 18, 2021, 12:53:56 PM »
No.  Nothing was skipped within the last 30 episodes.  Everything aired in order, including the 05/13/1983 show AKA 4925D (Temptation, Double Prices, Trader Bob, Clock Game, Penny Ante, New Card Game)

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #763 on: February 18, 2021, 09:54:53 PM »
when you factor in the final 10, which includes the last two episodes of the CBS Soaps Special

Small spoiler:  According to Chelsea, there's actually only one more of these -- CBS only had four soaps, so Friday was just a normal episode.

Were any episodes skipped in the new batch? 4925D is gray on the calendar.

I just haven't gotten around to e-mailing the new calendar to Scorpz yet.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer
« Reply #764 on: February 19, 2021, 04:24:10 AM »
Small spoiler:  According to Chelsea, there's actually only one more of these -- CBS only had four soaps, so Friday was just a normal episode.

Correct.  Have the entire week (and most of the next two) from the GSN rerun era.  Monday-Thursday promoted each of CBS' four soaps at the time, while Friday was a normal show.

Monday promoted As the World Turns, Tuesday promoted Guiding Light, Wednesday promoted Young & the Restless.  Looking ahead and assuming no skips in the last ten, Thursday promotes Capitol (CBS' lone half hour soap by this point), and Friday is a normal show.  The subsequent week promotes Phone Home Game's imminent debut, and then to conclude there should be the first three shows from season 12, including the first two Phone Home Game playings (They played it five times the first two weeks - every other show)