Author Topic: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV  (Read 369317 times)

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
Re: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV
« Reply #1065 on: September 02, 2021, 06:06:04 PM »
Didnt know that Most Expensive was ever played for three trips using all three doors with the ugly 1975 set. Didn't make it look any better.
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline FanOfDrew87

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #1066 on: September 03, 2021, 07:37:51 AM »
What was the name of the last model filling in for Holly before she came back the following week. She looked like the actress who played Katherine Wentworth on Dallas.
Her first name is Andi (not sure about her spelling). However, I am unsure of her last name, and one way to know is if there was a playing of Walk of Fame during her time, and unless I missed something, I don't think Walk of Fame was played anytime in March 1984.

Offline actual_retail_tice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #1067 on: September 03, 2021, 01:37:42 PM »
I haven’t seen enough playings from that time to know, but I think when Walk of Fame was played during Holly’s absence, they skipped over mentioning the models’ autographs. (“And here are autographs from Janice, and Dian, and Andi…wait, who’s Andi?!!”)

Offline plinkowin2010

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #1068 on: September 03, 2021, 08:52:12 PM »
I think there was a Tom Kennedy's night time price is right on youtube where Most expensive was played for three trips using the 1975 set.

I miss when Most Expensive used all three doors when played for trips.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #1069 on: September 03, 2021, 10:04:29 PM »
I think there was a Tom Kennedy's night time price is right on youtube where Most expensive was played for three trips using the 1975 set.

The 1975 set was replaced in 1984, so I'm pretty sure there wasn't.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline FanOfDrew87

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #1070 on: September 03, 2021, 10:49:14 PM »

I miss when Most Expensive used all three doors when played for trips.

Now that you mentioned it, I am reminded of a certain scene from the 1986 Disney film Flight of the Navigator where a family was watching Kennedy's TNPIR and the footage seen on the TV set involved Most Expensive being played for three trips.

But regardless, I agree that the updated Most Expensive props introduced in 1984 were also used in Kennedy's run too.  I do not recall seeing any older props being used on Kennedy's run that were no longer used on Barker's run at the time - based on what I viewed on YouTube.  I am pretty sure there were reasons for the update.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 10:55:18 PM by FanOfDrew87 »

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #1071 on: September 03, 2021, 11:59:49 PM »
I don't think there was a chance for the 2nd Most Expensive set to appear on the Kennedy version.  The episode that featured the debut of the 3rd set aired on television later in 1984, prior to when they started taping the Kennedy version.

Speaking of Most Expensive, that was a rather nice surprise to see them play the game for 3 trips with the second set.  Like most others, I had no idea they did that!
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Top Notch Production Values ^
« Reply #1072 on: September 04, 2021, 09:35:44 AM »
Actually it certainly wasn't the first time either...

3 lineups found in S4-13 for Most Expen$ive played in any slot, with the "T" flag

S      AIRDATE                 PG1                 PG2              PG3                 PG4         PG5         PG6
2741D   6  Mar 20 1978  Most Expensive (T)          Secret "X"       Any Number          Range Game  Temptation       Hi Lo
5301D  12  Apr 23 1984          Money Game  Most Expensive (T)  Phone Home Game          Range Game  Any Number  Secret "X"
5504D  13  Nov 29 1984         Lucky Seven     Now....and Then     Walk of Fame  Most Expensive (T)      Plinko  Clock Game

Would be interesting to see if 2741D is out there somewhere...

Offline TheHurdler

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #1073 on: September 05, 2021, 07:40:41 PM »
I just want to be sure I didn´t have a sleep-deprived hallucination...did I hear them use "Do the Hustle" as a grocery item cue in Phone Home in one of the latest batch of episodes (around 9 or 10 oclock Wednesday night)?. Extremely random.

No you were not the only one.  When I heard it I thought it was coming from my phone until I heard off my laptop shocked but not surprised it was used for a music cue.  Hilarious.

Offline FanOfDrew87

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #1074 on: September 07, 2021, 06:56:26 PM »
So, I'd like to ask, are there more fresh episodes launching after midnight?

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #1075 on: September 07, 2021, 08:02:10 PM »
So, I'd like to ask, are there more fresh episodes launching after midnight?

Maybe I'm missing something, but why would there be?  The current loop isn't even out of Season 11 yet.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #1076 on: September 07, 2021, 08:16:49 PM »
Maybe I'm missing something, but why would there be?  The current loop isn't even out of Season 11 yet.

Yeah it's gonna be a WHILE before any new episodes I suspect.

Offline garffreak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #1077 on: September 07, 2021, 11:22:46 PM »
They were promoting 12 new episodes as part of a 50th "big bucks blowout" celebration on Sunday. So, maybe new to Pluto episodes soon?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 11:26:01 PM by garffreak »
New TPiR Announcer: Gilbert Gottfried.  See?  Things *can* be worse.

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Top Notch Production Values ^
« Reply #1078 on: September 07, 2021, 11:31:46 PM »
Yes, it was confirmed that the 12 episodes for the Marathon were new to Pluto.

During the batch we got at the beginning of the month, all but one of the skipped shows also skipped in Pluto's internal episode count. And all of those shows in question have cash games on them, so I'd say it's likely we'll see them then.

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #1079 on: September 08, 2021, 09:07:48 AM »
And the one episode that was skipped altogether does have a clip of Walk of Fame still circulating on YouTube. The episode does exist presumably somewhere thanks to the slate also present on the upload.

When the "Cash special" drops this Sunday, the current cycle will be around the time Holly's absence began, so that after the 12-episode drop, there will be around four more days left of resuming the latest cycle, before hopefully the next fresh drop happens around next Thursday/Friday. 
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/