Author Topic: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV  (Read 368806 times)

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV
« Reply #1080 on: September 08, 2021, 11:46:18 AM »
And the one episode that was skipped altogether does have a clip of Walk of Fame still circulating on YouTube. The episode does exist presumably somewhere thanks to the slate also present on the upload.

When the "Cash special" drops this Sunday, the current cycle will be around the time Holly's absence began, so that after the 12-episode drop, there will be around four more days left of resuming the latest cycle, before hopefully the next fresh drop happens around next Thursday/Friday.

I wonder if they repeat the cycle a 2nd time, including the newly dropped 12 episodes from the weekend, before adding more, therein allowing people to see them twice. I could see that potentially.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #1081 on: September 08, 2021, 11:52:28 AM »
I wonder if they repeat the cycle a 2nd time, including the newly dropped 12 episodes from the weekend, before adding more, therein allowing people to see them twice. I could see that potentially.

I don't.  Fortunately these guys often move the goal posts, so anything can happen.  However, the episodes that are part of a special are typically skipped post-marathon.  It'll run twice as usual, I imagine, but then I think they'll add them into the rotation later this month.

I guess we'll find out in a week or so, as this is the first time they had a marathon amid a period of new content being added to the cycle
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Online tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #1082 on: September 11, 2021, 03:15:37 PM »
So, spoiler?  Posted from the official YouTube account:

/which is now #3
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Online blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #1083 on: September 11, 2021, 04:34:02 PM »
So, spoiler?  Posted from the official YouTube account:

/which is now #3
Or #1, chronologically speaking.

Offline holdme

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #1084 on: September 11, 2021, 07:26:51 PM »
Might anyone know what time tomorrow the marathon starts?

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #1085 on: September 11, 2021, 07:28:22 PM »
Might anyone know what time tomorrow the marathon starts?

6 AM Eastern.
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline Klp

• Outside in Line
« Reply #1086 on: September 11, 2021, 09:54:57 PM »
Is there anywhere I can find out what episodes are airing for the marathon tomorrow? I see people have posted some episodes and was wondering where they are finding this information. Thanks.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #1087 on: September 11, 2021, 11:21:40 PM »
Join us in our discord (invite on the top left of the screen) if you want to have up-to-the-minute news, but Wayoshi codes a bot that scrapes Pluto’s database, which extends to 12 hours.

If not, we’re updating a spreadsheet at bit.ly/plutotpir.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #1088 on: September 12, 2021, 06:00:55 AM »
Marathon starts in a couple minutes. The only episode we have seen on YouTube before is the premiere of On The Nose, which is happening at 1 PM. There's currently confusion on why 5322D is listed twice in the next half day, but hopefully that sorts itself out.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline C8

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #1089 on: September 12, 2021, 12:45:46 PM »
Anyone notice that the Check Out calculator broke mid game in 5353 (11a CDT)?

The first product, the gum, was $0.59 ARP but the tally displays $0.49. Bob vamps and stumbles until it then displays $6.65, the contestants total. You then hear Bob trip over himself then say his addition was wrong when discussing the next product (in an effort to save the take). All subsequent views of the calculator are closeups where the changes Bob is discussing aren’t in sync with the changes on the calculator. Finally, when the contestant loses and the camera pans back out, you can see the readout is $6.65, the contestants total and where it was before, and not the actual total of $5 and change which was on the calculator just a moment earlier. Obviously the calculator, while the prices are being revealed, was edited in ex post facto. Interesting observation since you don’t see that much in this era.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 12:47:56 PM by C8 »

Offline noahproblem

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #1090 on: September 12, 2021, 04:13:31 PM »
A double number in Golden Road (second prize was $3992)? ? ? (E5411D)  If that's not the most evil setup ever seen I don't know what is.
So this is the "get off of my lawn" stage of my life.  I'm not impressed.

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
« Reply #1091 on: September 12, 2021, 04:31:14 PM »
In case you missed the debut of On The Nose and want to watch it in high quality, I have posted it here. https://streamable.com/qkgidk
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline FanOfDrew87

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #1092 on: September 12, 2021, 06:09:57 PM »
Is it just me, or is the marathon repeating in the same order as previously aired?  The next normal episode that would air would be from November 11, 1983, if my spreadsheet is correct, and that episode likely had Holly in it.  The episode right now, as of this post, did not have Holly involved.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #1093 on: September 12, 2021, 06:24:26 PM »
They're re-airing the marathon immediately after.

Nice to see some big wins. That S13 Golden Road was incredibly shocking. I wonder how many times they've done that before. Slightly disappointed to not see a $10K Punch-a-Bunch win in the marathon but $5K is still nice. Hoping that the next batch of new episodes they start will also be on a weekend so I can watch. With that said when do they decide after airing new episodes to stop restarting at the beginning of S11? I cant imagine some time down the road when we're at S14+ that they'll revert to S11 and have to go through all those episodes again.

Offline FanOfDrew87

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #1094 on: September 12, 2021, 07:15:25 PM »
Yeah, I always wonder if certain batches of classic episodes of TPIR are leased for a limited time, and then dropped from the Pluto TV channel?

I hope they don't drop the first batch of Pluto TV episodes before the year is out, because I really would like to record choice episodes in future cycles, particularly episodes with retired pricing games, incredible wins, and other noteworthy moments.