Author Topic: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV  (Read 368716 times)

Offline SuperMatch93

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV
« Reply #1530 on: April 06, 2023, 06:02:01 PM »
Um, hello! It wasn't Gregory Pearsoll who made that claim; it was Adam Scimone!

Hi, Vahan!

Offline TPIRFAN1987

• Outside in Line
« Reply #1531 on: April 06, 2023, 06:13:06 PM »
Hi, Vahan!

You, Steve Leblang, Aaron Sica, Chelsea, and Bryce had no right to insult Jason Cranmer. One of my best friends. By calling him and I "any other shut in speculator". According to you, you think he made that 883 number up just to make me feel better. That is not true.

And another thing: Did Sotc2022 even look through past pages? If he did, he would have known who really made that claim. Someone else already said it. I think both him and Bryce owe me an apology for that Vanna Nissan insult and for that insult towards me and my friend.

There. Finally. I got it all out of my system.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 06:30:45 PM by TPIRFAN1987 »

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #1532 on: April 06, 2023, 06:43:47 PM »
I think both him and Bryce owe me an apology for that Vanna Nissan insult and for that insult towards me and my friend.

Nobody owes you anything. You do, however, owe ME for the price of the one-way train ticket to Banville I just generously gifted you.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 06:56:10 PM by therealcu2010 »
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #1533 on: April 17, 2023, 08:52:28 AM »
Pluto TV has now begun adding the most recent set of episodes in its regular rotation, beginning with 5742D (May 21, 1985). YouTube has recently blocked a couple additional clips from the early part of Season 14, including the premiere of Bump, which should mean that if there is no more skips, tomorrow at Noon EDT should feature the premiere of the only game to debut during that season, with the other two episodes presumably airing at 3 PM and 6 PM EDT, with the later being a replacement episode. 5834D and 5835D would then air Wednesday morning from 7-9 AM EDT.

As of this point, Safe Crackers, Danger Price and Card Game as of their last playing on Pluto still contain their old sets, while the most recent playing of Grocery Game (5831D) featured the old sign and cash register, but with the redesigned collage of groceries, which will be joined by the new sign and register when 5861D airs several months from now.

Other changes that have recently taken place is that Most Expensive's new price tags based on the neon podiums were introduced on 5812D, 5793D featured One Away's current horn, and the first 5-digit playing of Switcheroo on 5814D, after the stripes were revised on the previous playing during S13's finale week. The new trip skins have not yet come into use at this point, and Grand Game's "Ten Thousand" graphic will be introduced either on 5851D or 5875D. Plinko's brighter, glitterier, pinkish-white sign will be introduced on the 58XX (5811R) playing, while Bump's bumping sound will be first heard on either that playing or its second playing, as its known to be in use during 5825D, while it wasn't present on its premiere. Of course, with a couple of Kennedy episodes taped in late August 1985 featuring the return of the green borders in Contestants' Row, "5811R" will be the first episode to feature them in regular rotation, while its possible that 5834D and/or 5835D could also feature them. Finally, a rather minute production change that will be coming soon involves Cliff Hangers, where the contestant inset wipe used during the yodeling segments is still a circle as of its last playing (5823D), but is known to be using a larger, rectangular wipe on 5945D, its first playing of 1986.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline C8

« Reply #1534 on: April 18, 2023, 03:56:09 PM »
Pluto TV has now begun adding the most recent set of episodes in its regular rotation, beginning with 5742D (May 21, 1985). YouTube has recently blocked a couple additional clips from the early part of Season 14, including the premiere of Bump, which should mean that if there is no more skips, tomorrow at Noon EDT should feature the premiere of the only game to debut during that season, with the other two episodes presumably airing at 3 PM and 6 PM EDT, with the later being a replacement episode. 5834D and 5835D would then air Wednesday morning from 7-9 AM EDT.

Did anyone see if the Bumpified eps, skipped on the first airing, were added for this cycle at 12pE and 3pE? I am at work and wasn't able to check.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #1535 on: April 18, 2023, 04:23:41 PM »
They were not.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline C8

« Reply #1536 on: April 18, 2023, 04:34:38 PM »
They were not.

That’s too bad but I figured. Thanks for checking

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #1537 on: April 18, 2023, 09:28:42 PM »
5834D airs at 3AM ET on the Pluto stream, and presumably 5835D will follow.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #1538 on: April 18, 2023, 10:26:56 PM »
FYI: 5825D, which aired during the last cycle, is scheduled to be skipped this time around.  On what may be a related note, 5832D is scheduled to air twice in a row between Midnight and 2 AM EST
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #1539 on: April 19, 2023, 04:25:46 PM »
So there's some interesting takeaways here.

First, it's pretty obvious now that the broadcast of 5825D the other week was a mistake.  It got skipped this time around, and 5831D got aired in place of it right before airing again in its own timeslot, so there are clearly some glitches in whatever they're using to program the stream.

That said, they did block 5795D on YouTube, which they hadn't done before, so I think there's still reason to hope they've changed their minds and maybe plan to drop the Bump shows in, say, a marathon somewhere down the line.

Most importantly, though, we know there was a reason the current drop only had the strangely non-round number of 48 episodes -- they've included the far-off 6083D from the Redemption event at the end of the loop, which brings the total to 49.  That makes it seem likely there's also a 50th show that's not accounted for...and there's a pretty obvious candidate for what that 50th show might be, along with a pretty good explanation for why it might have been held back from the initial drop, Bump issues notwithstanding.

I obviously can't prove any of this, but I think there's a reasonable chance that not only does Pluto have the original 5811D, they might air it eventually.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline TonicBH

• Outside in Line
    • You Found a Secret Area!
« Reply #1540 on: April 19, 2023, 07:38:31 PM »
So there's potentially a chance of Barker Era airing an Unaired on TV episode? Neat.

Granted, wouldn't be the first time, I think a Press Your Luck episode that was taped but never aired on CBS eventually aired on GSN/Buzzr years later.

Curious about 58XXD, though. I assume most (if not all) of Price's episodes are in Fremantle's archives. Is it just one of those things superfans know about but the powers that be don't, or do they genuinely not have it?

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #1541 on: April 19, 2023, 09:10:21 PM »
Curious about 58XXD, though. I assume most (if not all) of Price's episodes are in Fremantle's archives. Is it just one of those things superfans know about but the powers that be don't, or do they genuinely not have it?

I'm not implying that the Pluto channel somehow has the episode while Fremantle doesn't.  Rather, I'm surprised that it appears to exist at all -- the pessimist in me has always figured they just erased it once they decided they couldn't air it.

But the simplest explanation for things tends to be the correct one, and now that we have reason to think there's a 50th episode for this drop, that's the simplest explanation.

(Also, for the record, 58XXD is the one that did air.)
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline SilverFirePrime

• Can this be ressurected next?
« Reply #1542 on: April 20, 2023, 12:05:49 PM »
Sorry if this has already been discussed (I don't have the time to dig through 100+ pages) but on the mobile app of Pluto, the start/end times of the episodes are wonky.  Like ending at anywhere between 5 and 10 past the hour. Is that a Pluto thing, or an isolated glitch?

Offline C8

« Reply #1543 on: April 20, 2023, 02:36:20 PM »
Sorry if this has already been discussed (I don't have the time to dig through 100+ pages) but on the mobile app of Pluto, the start/end times of the episodes are wonky.  Like ending at anywhere between 5 and 10 past the hour. Is that a Pluto thing, or an isolated glitch?

No, its accurate. At least on my AppleTV, the episodes actually end about 4 past the hour.

Offline Renny

• In the Audience
« Reply #1544 on: April 23, 2023, 11:20:53 AM »
In an apparent surprise, yesterday morning, the social media pages posted a segment from #5202D (IUFB and Punch-a-Bunch), which was previously skipped on the channel. Did they eventually add it at some recent point?

Edit: Nope... but it's still great to see some footage from a skipped episode BTW.

For the record, here's what I was referring to:

« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 09:33:29 AM by Renny »
"You realize... We are in the presence of a miracle!" - Bob Barker