Author Topic: Shows You'd Like to See on Pluto TV  (Read 9290 times)

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
Shows You'd Like to See on Pluto TV
« on: December 01, 2020, 11:56:28 AM »
As there are literally dozens of channels dedicated exclusively to one show each, what shows do you feel would be deserving of their own channel?

I'll start with Seinfeld, The King of Queens, The Big Bang Theory and The Drew Carey Show plus Survivor, Big Brother and The Amazing Race.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
Re: Shows You'd Like to See on Pluto TV
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2020, 12:05:14 PM »
As there are literally dozens of channels dedicated exclusively to one show each, what shows do you feel would be deserving of their own channel?

I'll start with Seinfeld, The King of Queens, The Big Bang Theory and The Drew Carey Show plus Survivor, Big Brother and The Amazing Race.

I definitely agree with The Amazing Race, Survivor, and Seinfeld.  No thank you to Big Brother; the other three you mentioned would be a nice add.  The BBT not having its own channel is quite a surprise, however.

Speaking of what may or may not be available, I'd love to see American Idol as my third pick for a reality series, if it's not already there.  The FOX era, that is, but preferably the Simon Cowell era.  Those years when it was just Simon, Paula, Randy, and Ryan were the best of the series, IMO
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline jude_este

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2020, 12:17:15 PM »

You are in luck, they already have channels for Survivor and The Amazing Race since September.

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2020/09/survivor-amazing-race-watch-on-pluto/

As for me, besides episodes from episodes of The Late Late Show dating back to Craig Kilborn & even Tom Snyder along with David Letterman's The Late Show and Late Night eras would be cool to see. And if they haven't already added a classic soap channel besides the one for Dark Shadows. I think classic episodes of The Young And The Restless and The Bold And The Beautiful would be instant hits for those classic soap fans.

Offline RatRace10

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2020, 12:27:23 PM »
Wheel of Fortune, Bob's Burgers, and Arthur (the PBS show).

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2020, 12:43:02 PM »
The Big Brother channel would only be worth it for me if they had the live feeds included. We won't see TDCS anywhere anymore unfortunately with the rights issues. It's a shame cause TDCS is a very funny show. I don't think we'll see a Seinfeld channel with it moving to Netflix in 2021 and with it still making a decent buck in syndication.
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2020, 02:46:18 PM »
You are in luck, they already have channels for Survivor and The Amazing Race since September.

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2020/09/survivor-amazing-race-watch-on-pluto/

As for me, besides episodes from episodes of The Late Late Show dating back to Craig Kilborn & even Tom Snyder along with David Letterman's The Late Show and Late Night eras would be cool to see. And if they haven't already added a classic soap channel besides the one for Dark Shadows. I think classic episodes of The Young And The Restless and The Bold And The Beautiful would be instant hits for those classic soap fans.

Craig Ferguson's Late Late Show era would be my pick, he was the best host IMO of the last 15 years now. And Late Night TV hasn't been the same since he left. My friend and I absolutely loved his work.

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2020, 07:46:51 PM »
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987 and 2003 versions)
-Power Rangers (all versions)
-Pokemon
-Any soap opera besides Dark Shadows
-Classic made-for-TV movies (1970s-1990s)
-Sesame Street
-Mr. Rogers Neighborhood
-Classic ABC TGIF shows
-Cheers
-Frasier
-The Simpsons (Especially the '90s)
-Looney Tunes
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline Chief-O

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2020, 09:56:49 PM »
-Looney Tunes

I've seen some Looney Tunes on the Classic Toons channel (540), and they're some pretty deep cuts....even if the prints are lousy quality.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2020, 11:49:41 AM »

Also, the entirety of the first 29 seasons of TAR are currently available on Hulu.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2020, 11:45:43 AM »
Easy: Game Show Central Classic. Time for a dedicated channel for all of the Sony owned game show properties.
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2020, 06:08:16 PM »
How about a channel dedicated to "What's My Line?"

To start, I'd have a block of shows dedicated to the 1971-1972 syndicated season, which has not been shown in its entirety in almost 50 years. (Although sporadic episodes have been seen, usually one-offs after a celebrity had passed away.) Then have another time block set aside for the classic CBS run.

I don't know if anyone taped any of the stage shows that have been taking place in the 2000s and 2010s, but that might make for some interesting moments as well.

Brian

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2020, 03:13:48 PM »
Among other genres, I'd start with a channel dedicated entirely to classic country music TV shows.

Y'know, those programs put out by superstars of the era and they had regular performers along with a guest each week. Shows such as "The Porter Wagoner Show," "The Ernest Tubb Show," "Buck Owens' Ranch," "The Wilburn Brothers," "Marty Robbins Spotlight" and a few others, all from the 1960s through late 1970s. (Porter ran as late as 1981 in some markets.)

Another favorite I'd put on such a channel is "Barbara Mandrell and the Mandrell Sisters" show from 1980-1982. Remember a lot of Saturday nights growing up and watching this show. One of the last successful variety programs.

The schedule would be rounded out with programs like "Hee-Haw," "Pop! Goes the Country" (hosted by radio personality Ralph Emery) and "That Nashville Music" (which had a bunch of cloggers as one of the regular acts). Those shows ran mainly in the 1970s and 1980s, although "Hee-Haw" ran as late as 1992. Also a rarity from the early 1990s that tried to capture country music's growth of the time: "Hot Country Nights"; this ran briefly from 1991-1992, so this might be a once-a-weekend show since there are only 18 episodes in the entire series.

Brian

Offline rick420buzz

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2020, 05:13:56 PM »
I'd like to see a Classic Medical Drama channel. Dig up stuff like Dr. Kildare, Marcus Welby, Medical Center, and Emergency.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2020, 05:22:09 PM »
I'd like to see a Classic Medical Drama channel. Dig up stuff like Dr. Kildare, Marcus Welby, Medical Center, and Emergency.

What about Quincy?

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2020, 10:30:39 AM »
Among other genres, I'd start with a channel dedicated entirely to classic country music TV shows.

Y'know, those programs put out by superstars of the era and they had regular performers along with a guest each week. Shows such as "The Porter Wagoner Show," "The Ernest Tubb Show," "Buck Owens' Ranch," "The Wilburn Brothers," "Marty Robbins Spotlight" and a few others, all from the 1960s through late 1970s. (Porter ran as late as 1981 in some markets.)

Another favorite I'd put on such a channel is "Barbara Mandrell and the Mandrell Sisters" show from 1980-1982. Remember a lot of Saturday nights growing up and watching this show. One of the last successful variety programs.

The schedule would be rounded out with programs like "Hee-Haw," "Pop! Goes the Country" (hosted by radio personality Ralph Emery) and "That Nashville Music" (which had a bunch of cloggers as one of the regular acts). Those shows ran mainly in the 1970s and 1980s, although "Hee-Haw" ran as late as 1992. Also a rarity from the early 1990s that tried to capture country music's growth of the time: "Hot Country Nights"; this ran briefly from 1991-1992, so this might be a once-a-weekend show since there are only 18 episodes in the entire series.

Brian

Forgot to add two obvious shows fir my classic country TV station: “The Johnny Cash Show” and “The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour.” Also, the 1973-1974 season of “The Dean Martin Show” that featured country music.

So many great shows that this post could go on for awhile.

Brian