Author Topic: FAQ question - Trader Bob  (Read 2282 times)

Offline ThatDonGuy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
FAQ question - Trader Bob
« on: January 06, 2021, 07:51:52 PM »
I was looking at the FAQ (by the way, I was one of the people who saw the "00000" show up on the podium in the first perfect Showcase bid - I even remember the bid: $2200), and near the bottom, it says that it is impossible to win any of "the first three items in the correct trading sequence in Trader Bob." I thought that if the player lost, they got the last item they traded for, which means that the last item in the correct sequence (i.e. the most expensive one) is the only one that could not be won. What did a losing player win?

Speaking of the "things that couldn't be won" question, I also remember the James version playing Most Expensive at least once for three fur coats; only the most expensive one could actually be won. While I'm at it...was it possible to win the mystery price item in Mystery Price? I do remember that the contestant won any item where they bid less than or equal to its price.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FAQ question - Trader Bob
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 08:20:38 PM »
I was looking at the FAQ (by the way, I was one of the people who saw the "00000" show up on the podium in the first perfect Showcase bid - I even remember the bid: $2200), and near the bottom, it says that it is impossible to win any of "the first three items in the correct trading sequence in Trader Bob." I thought that if the player lost, they got the last item they traded for, which means that the last item in the correct sequence (i.e. the most expensive one) is the only one that could not be won. What did a losing player win?

I assume though could be wrong so don't quote me, that they won the last item they traded for like you said. I think you're getting yourself mixed up here via the terminology. Correct sequence means exactly that ie: the one that would see the right 3 trade ups made for a contestant to win, and since they would have successfully traded up for all 3 pairs of prizes in such a sequence, they would only be eligible to win the last or most expensive one, not the others before it.

Offline JhayPrice

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 09:27:09 PM »
Speaking of the "things that couldn't be won" question, I also remember the James version playing Most Expensive at least once for three fur coats; only the most expensive one could actually be won.
That's how the game was played during the Leslie Crowther era, as well as for Brucie's first season. They made a rule change next season with the Easy As 1-2-3 gameplay, whilst keeping the original title.

Also, is the 3 furs game Wink posted on his channel a variation of this one?

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 10:31:16 PM »
Also, is the 3 furs game Wink posted on his channel a variation of this one?
Yes and no... the "3 furs game" Wink posted is the game that everyone always misremembered as Most Expensive.