Author Topic: Another stupid question about parking...  (Read 1739 times)

Offline mv67

• In the Audience
Another stupid question about parking...
« on: May 19, 2007, 08:55:34 PM »
I KNOW this has been asked many times, but still...

What's the best place for parking in terms of price and reliability if I want to be an audience member for a taping of TPIR?  The Grove parking is too expensive (last time to a taping I spent $13, which is pretty rich for my blood considering gas money spent to get to Hollywood) and a decent walk from the studio, and I understand that we shouldn't use Farmer's Market parking?  That's what CBS says, anyway.  Should I valet with Farmer's Daughter or something?

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: Another stupid question about parking...
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 12:12:56 AM »
I don't have a great answer for you.  But parking at the Farmer's Daughter is $12/day, so not much cheaper.

Offline trapperm

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 12:47:41 AM »
i would say just park at the grove, even though its $13, its still probably your best option.  unfortunately LA is a large city, parking will be expensive whereever you go and street parking is often timed.
trapperm does not endorse change for changes sake

Offline mkeeney

• In the Audience
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 07:24:58 PM »
When I went to a taping of TPIR last May, it cost me $19 to park at The Grove from about 1:45am to 2:30pm or so.  Frankly, I wasn't upset over the $19 - for LA, I figured I'd gotten a pretty good deal.

I say that, because several years ago, my wife and I took our kids to Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco.  Four (or perhaps five) hours of parking cost me $28, so 12 hours at $19 was a far better deal.

Offline MissMurder

• In the Audience
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 09:43:53 PM »
As of today, it's $22 per day to park at the Grove.