Author Topic: Pluto - Woman in Front Row  (Read 2403 times)

Offline Bill

• In Contestant's Row
Pluto - Woman in Front Row
« on: February 26, 2021, 08:42:13 AM »
Hi everyone. Who is the woman in the front row on all Pluto eps? She is also in staff pics from the set they’d take during that era. Thanks.

Bill

Offline ayoung

• Double Showcase Winner
  • everybody loves me.
    • my facebook
Re: Pluto - Woman in Front Row
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 12:51:08 PM »
Hey everyone, long time no board! I definitely remember this at least being discussed in the past and maybe even a picture of her in the gallery but I can't find anything. Binging the old episodes on pluto like everyone else and it's been bugging me that I can't remember who she is! 
You people make me sick.  Every last one of you.

Offline holdme

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2021, 02:26:58 PM »
That’s Gina Edwards Nyman. I asked Roger Dobkowitz about her... She always sat next to the Green chair that had “RIGHT” written on it... and she always waved to the camera, she had brown hair then. She’s still with the show. The only others from the BARKER era that are still working with the show are Stan Blits
And Adam Sandler
With the show

Offline Bill

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2021, 06:01:44 PM »
Fantastic. Thank you! What was her purpose for sitting there each day? Overall front view of the show in progress for performance improvement and quality?

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2021, 07:34:20 PM »
The position was put into place early in the show's run to help organize the contestants who would not win the One Bid during each Act (prior to Gina it was another staffer).  As the show gained popularity and it became common knowledge "what to do" between Acts, the show no longer felt it was necessary to have a person dedicated to that task.
John

Offline Bill

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2021, 08:08:14 PM »
Thanks much. It’s been years since I logged in here and I just had to know who she was. Haha. Back in to hibernation I go. Be well, all!