Author Topic: tshirts  (Read 4307 times)

Offline strongbad

• Taking a Bonus Spin
tshirts
« on: June 06, 2006, 06:57:48 PM »
Those familiar with the taping process at TPIR know that the producers won't select someone who is wearing a logo on their tshirt (i.e. the Nike Swoosh, for example).  Does such a thing apply for people who wear shirts supporting a non-profit organization, or is that specific to corporations?

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: tshirts
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 07:32:58 AM »
That's a good question... And I really am not sure.. What I do know is:

Corporate logos (or even having the name of the corporation written out) is a no-no. Hence why Tastefully Simple came with "T.S. (heart)s Bob" shirts (even though they didn't catch Anita saying Tastefully Simple while on stage).

College shirts, of course, are not only okay, but I am convinced there are hidden vendors standing around selling them before every taping...

Sports jerseys are okay. Over the years, I've seen contestants in pro jerseys, including a Ten Chances winner in a Mark Grace jersey, and a recent contestant in a Brian Westbrook jersey.

T-Shirts depicting musicians - even incredibly famous ones - seems to be no problem. Starcade and I both saw a contestant (a showcase winner, no less) in a Tina Turner shirt on a show that aired in November.. And they haven't batted an eye at me any of the three times I've shown up - complete with that other Madonna on my shirt (though I would imagine if I were spinning the wheel, and gave a "shoutout" to Sherrie Austin and Madonna, they would not be too amused).

Saying who you work for on the air is a no-no, even though "Tastefully Simple" slipped by them...

And, of course, you can't be a contestant if you're RUNNING for public office (the "George Takei rule" as I call it)...

But I've never heard anyone mention a non-profit organization.. They really don't specificially mention them while going over the rules.. I've never even encountered anyone who is curious. Best thing I can suggest is contacting CBS and asking, unless someone here might know for sure.
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 11:58:21 AM »
If you call CBS and ask, you'll most likely get a page working in the office, and they won't know, either. At least, I sure don't know.

Personally, I would play it safe and not do it, but I truly don't know whether it would affect your chances of being picked if you did.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 12:36:31 PM »
A few years ago, I remember there actually was a contestant who had a huge Nike swoosh on the back of her shirt, which she very intentionally showed off to the camera.  I'm kinda' surprised they didn't edit that out.  I also remember later in the show, she had a jacket on.  I wonder if it was her jacket, or they have some generic jacket to give contestants just in case this happens.