Author Topic: Tic Tac Dough revival hosted by Tom Bergeron in the works  (Read 2423 times)

Online jude_este

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Camp Old School Sci-Fi
Tic Tac Dough revival hosted by Tom Bergeron in the works
« on: September 22, 2021, 02:48:08 PM »
According to this exclusive from Deadline, former Hollywood Squares and Dancing With The Stars host Tom Bergeron tentatively to host a revival of Tic Tac Dough by NBCUniversal. No further details yet as this is in the piloting stage but former Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune executive producer Harry Friedman is one of the executive producers for the show.

Online TPIRFan1995

• In the Audience
Re: Tic Tac Dough revival hosted by Tom Bergeron in the works
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 03:15:03 PM »
I can't wait to watch this!!!!!! It's gonna be amazing!!!! Tom's been making me laugh ever since the first Hollywood Squares!!!!!!!!!

Offline HQnerd

• Outside in Line
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 04:23:13 PM »
Can't help but to wonder if this Tic Tac Dough revival will be Hollywood Squares in all but name with Tom Bergeron hosting? I mean, they're basically the same game except one has celebrities and a more light hearted atmosphere.

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2021, 04:44:36 PM »
The pilot for this was taped all the way back in June. Just waiting for a series order now.
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline plinkostick1

• In the Audience
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2021, 05:22:20 PM »
I presume this was intended as a syndicated thing? Count me in as having "buzz" if that will help. If Jay Leno's You Bet Your Life (which really isn't all that bad) can be picked up, this should be a shoe in.

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2021, 07:49:12 PM »
You need slots available though, and what else entering the market can make comparisons hard. A significant commitment from a station group is almost a must to have a chance. It may have been produced by NBCU, but their station group isn’t exactly a game show haven, so it would be looking for another backing group.

Offline Reloaden

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2021, 09:02:52 PM »
Harry Friedman producing this and Tom Hosting the show. This sounds amazing!

I know Kelly Clarkson show is moving into Ellen slot. I wonder will this be in syndication or primetime.

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2021, 09:26:00 PM »
Tic Tac is a show that I felt could do well with a modern version.  As long as they stick reasonably close to Wink's classic iteration--with leeway to make any intelligent additions that fit within the overall scheme of such a game--there's no reason it can't be a success.  The only point would be Tic Tac's a show that really doesn't work self-contained with the way the gameplay works and the fact you can easily have a tie game with 2 intelligent players facing off, and that they should allow it to straddle as previous versions did. 

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2021, 07:04:33 AM »
The only way that I could see TTD in a contained format is if there's a Jump-In Shootout round, where a time's running out signal would force the remainder of the game to be jump-in questions. This could allow a late boost in the pot as well. Just don't bring back that rappin' dragon, please.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline geniusinmath

• Hi I didn't see you there. I'm Michael.
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2021, 10:44:00 AM »
I just have to say it is going to be a interesting format if it gets green lit. I just hope they don't reset the pot like the Patrick Wayne version after a tie game.

Offline FanOfDrew87

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2021, 11:03:20 AM »
I agree, there is nothing good about Patrick Wayne's version.  The rappin' dragon was unnecessary, and resetting the pot after a tie game would make for a disastrous series.  No wonder that version lasted just three months!

I have faith that Tom Bergeron's version, should a revival be approved for production, will do just as great as his other game show, Hollywood Squares, did.

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2024, 03:17:07 PM »
i realize this is a bump, but there's been new developments in the TTD Revival front

thanks in part to a Randy West FB post and a dm i had of a casting notice for the show

https://www.facebook.com/tvrandywest/posts/pfbid0pVFQaC67SpCeKsULuY5uKNe9j1htrXFYTwXGm4JasehxPVxjJZgcT74zcH1HWcgNl

(mods, if this should be moved to its own thread, feel free)

(edit: GSN's picking it up, forgot to mention that before...
and Randy answered a question that i'm sure is burning: no Tom)