Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune Season 39...  (Read 30907 times)

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
Re: Wheel of Fortune Season 39...
« Reply #120 on: May 24, 2022, 04:34:35 PM »
Just out of curiosity, did you track which of those $6,000 final spins came from which position?  I thought for sure we'd never see one from the blue position, since they have to spin the wheel a full revolution *plus* three spaces to get there if Round Four starts as a speed-up, so I was absolutely stunned when someone pulled that feat off a couple week sago.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #121 on: May 25, 2022, 01:37:52 AM »
Just out of curiosity, did you track which of those $6,000 final spins came from which position?  I thought for sure we'd never see one from the blue position, since they have to spin the wheel a full revolution *plus* three spaces to get there if Round Four starts as a speed-up, so I was absolutely stunned when someone pulled that feat off a couple week sago.

Apparently I didn't count from which position.   But I'll do that count in Season 40 though.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #122 on: May 27, 2022, 12:54:54 PM »
Last night's Wheel of Fortune, a historical moment happened.   I won't spoil it because I know there are some who didn't watch it.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #123 on: May 27, 2022, 01:14:55 PM »
Last night's Wheel of Fortune, a historical moment happened.   I won't spoil it because I know there are some who didn't watch it.

It was unprecedented.  However, I think it would be fair game by 11:00 Eastern & 8:00 Pacific (unless it's an advanced viewing).  I'll stay mum as I'm not certain everyone got to see it due to preemptions.

I read elsewhere that the live show is coming back to Western PA.  I think I might be able to stop down for it (or could be forced into going which might be a win-win anyway)
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #124 on: May 27, 2022, 01:36:56 PM »
It was unprecedented.  However, I think it would be fair game by 11:00 Eastern & 8:00 Pacific (unless it's an advanced viewing).  I'll stay mum as I'm not certain everyone got to see it due to preemptions.

I read elsewhere that the live show is coming back to Western PA.  I think I might be able to stop down for it (or could be forced into going which might be a win-win anyway)

Hey give us an update if you do eventually go.

Anyways, 11 shows left for Season 39.   I can't believe we are saying goodbye to this season.   I have to admit I was a bit scared that this thread was going to be locked a couple of months ago due to an unfortunate circumstance which happened on this thread which I'd rather not say on here.   At least everybody kept their cool and that's good.   

Let's enjoy the final 11 episodes of this season, and we will discuss the overall season once we get there.

Offline Game Girl

• In Contestant's Row
  • game girl was a nickname for game boy as a kid.
« Reply #125 on: June 03, 2022, 08:44:02 PM »
Hi folks, I want to know if anyone remembers what Vanna and pat talking on tonight's episode June 3 2022. I only caught the end of the segment. I know it was about being Vanna fishing and used words hunting and I mostly throwback, a weird combination of word. I cannot I find a video that include them talking, so tell me if anyone remembers and can recap. thanks. some more info, wheel of fortune s39 ep190 Gone Fishin week Friday. June 3 2022

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #126 on: June 04, 2022, 10:39:29 PM »
Only one more week to go peeps for Wheel of Fortune Season 39.   We did improve the Bonus Round record slightly: 70 wins out of 190 episodes so far.   

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #127 on: June 11, 2022, 12:53:44 PM »
Season 39 of Wheel of Fortune is already in the books!!!!   I'll post some stats here later.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #128 on: June 12, 2022, 01:12:55 PM »
Here are the FINAL Season 39 stats:

Season 39 Bonus Land: 73/195    22 Wild Cards used in Bonus Land.    6 Million Dollar Bonus Rounds out of 195.
Wild Cards forfeited to the Bankrupt: 42.    Million Dollar Wedges forfeited to the Bankrupt: 18.    $10,000 Mystery Wedges won: 7.    36 $1,000 house main game minumums.
27 Triple Tossup Sweeps

7 $100,000 WINS.   Bed and Breakfast week had the 3 consecutive $100,000 wins in a row.

The categories used in Bonus Land Win/Loss ratio:

WHAT ARE YOU DOING: 7 wins/ 28 losses
PHRASE: 19 wins/25 losses
LIVING THING(S): 9 wins/ 12 losses
THING(S): 4 wins/ 11 losses
PLACE(S): 3 wins/ 11 losses
FOOD and DRINK: 7 wins/ 10 losses
EVENT and AROUND THE HOUSE: 4 wins/ 6 losses each
PERSON/PEOPLE: 5 wins/ 6 losses
WHAT ARE YOU WEARING: 3 wins/ 5 losses
SHOW BIZ: 1 win/1 loss
FUN AND GAMES: 5 wins/ 1 loss
IN THE KITCHEN and OCCUPATION: 1 win each.

I'm really surprised THING(S) was picked 15 times.   That has to be the most times it was picked in a season since the category selection started in season 35.   That category and PLACE(S) tied for the losses which is surprising.

I'm NOT surprised WHAT ARE YOU DOING has the most Bonus Round losses.   This is the second consecutive season under the category selection format that this category has been inundated with a lot of losses.   Like I stated before picking THING(S) OR WHAT ARE YOU DOING for Bonus Land is often a bad move.

PHRASE has the most wins.   I'm surprised my favorite category LIVING THING(S) was second in wins this season.

$40,000 for the minimum next season.   We had 13 $6,000 final spins, which was an improvement from last season.

Allright peeps, this thread will remain open for the rest of the summer.   One week before season 40 Wheel of Fortune, I will start a new thread, and moderators who read this current thread, feel free to close this thread one week before season 40 begins.   Season 39 Wheel of Fortune is wrapped up for good.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #129 on: June 12, 2022, 07:12:47 PM »
How many $0 Prize Puzzle wins? (A late friend of mine used to track those, and would give the contestant hell when they'd do it)

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #130 on: June 13, 2022, 04:29:13 PM »
9821 — Today at 1:13 PM
33 solves with no money
of those 21 went onto the bonus round
and of those 21, the BR record is 11-10
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #131 on: June 13, 2022, 05:49:44 PM »
9821 — Today at 1:13 PM
33 solves with no money
of those 21 went onto the bonus round
and of those 21, the BR record is 11-10
David would be rolling in his grave at those numbers... thank you

Offline howierules86

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #132 on: June 14, 2022, 11:17:38 AM »
^Personally, I think if you're going to have the Prize Puzzle, don't add the value of the trip/prize to that contestant's total (just simply give them the prize as a bonus, and that's it). For example, on the '80s $25K/$100K Pyramid, whenever a contestant won the 7-11 $1,100 bonus, that was not factored into their winning total to determine the winner that day (only money won in the Winner's Circle counted).

Online CaptainPrice

• In the Audience
« Reply #133 on: June 15, 2022, 09:53:58 PM »
Questions for people on here: What have been your takeaways from Season 39, now that it's been over since Friday? What did you like and didn't like about this season?

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #134 on: June 15, 2022, 10:13:42 PM »
I liked that they brought back Changing Keys and changed up the set getting rid of the video backdrop behind the contestants. More airtime for Jim was also nice. Overall it was a good season and an improvement over the last few seasons.