Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune Season 40 (and Celebrity S3) Discussion Thread  (Read 29671 times)

Offline Disneyfreak

• Double Showcase Winner
  • facebook.com/afdisneyfreak
Re: Wheel of Fortune Season 40 (and Celebrity S3) Discussion Thread
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2022, 10:43:00 PM »
Hi anyone know more about what comes with these Disneyland and other parks trips contestants won this Secret Santa week?  Cool Michael won DLR trip tonight's (Fri.) along with the million dollar wedge. 
Ann aka Disneyfreak
facebook.com/afdisneyfreak
Add/Follow me on Social Media!!

Offline Disneyfreak

• Double Showcase Winner
  • facebook.com/afdisneyfreak
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2022, 10:49:38 PM »
...and tonight is the first time I seen the Mystery Prize puzzle: trip to Sicily (my ancestors) and it's over $10,000 worth BTW 
Ann aka Disneyfreak
facebook.com/afdisneyfreak
Add/Follow me on Social Media!!

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Recaps can feel like a behemoth task.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2022, 10:31:58 AM »
Thinking about what could've been a perfect Bonus Round week...it's just an excuse to try and push a 5-0 later in the season. :P
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes. (Taking a breather as of April 25, 2024.)

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2022, 11:20:06 PM »
"What Are You Doing" claims another victim.

I usually cringe when people pick THING OR WHAT ARE YOU DOING for Bonus Land.   I found that Friday's puzzle a bit odd, but somewhat gettable.   It's too bad Michael didn't solve it.   As Pat stated, that vowel that started the second word of said puzzle threw Michael off.

I kinda had a weird feeling when Michael picked WHAT ARE YOU DOING for Million Dollar Bonus Land, I was like, you just kissed the clean sweep goodbye.   The puzzle like I stated was somewhat gettable this go around, but it was left unsolved.

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2022, 12:47:46 PM »
For the first time in 5 years (and the first time in the Triple Toss-Up era), a contestant has swept the game and solved the bonus puzzle! Ricky was really good at the Toss-Ups, so I had a feeling after the first of the "triples" that it might be a main game sweep. Less sure about the bonus round, but he did it!
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes. (Taking a breather as of April 25, 2024.)

Online TPIRFan1995

• In the Audience
« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2022, 11:24:36 AM »
That was awesome! Did anyone see the show last night? WPVI aired the President of Ukraine's talk to Congress

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2022, 03:59:09 PM »
The sweep was on Tuesday's show. Wednesday was a more normal show.
________

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2022, 04:44:09 PM »
That was awesome! Did anyone see the show last night? WPVI aired the President of Ukraine's talk to Congress

We did, but that is because we have Wheel at 7 and Jeopardy (usually) at 7:30.

Interestingly enough - the station with Jeopardy showed the speech, while the CBS station showed their usual Family Feud, then cut to about 5 minutes of the speech before beginning the nighttime TPIR.

I guess just different outlooks on what they should show :)

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2022, 11:32:01 PM »
Ironically we had a one worder WHAT ARE YOU DOING Bonus Land puzzle (oh I don't like those).   It was very tough.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2023, 10:26:13 PM »
On tonight's episode...I have absolutely no idea how tonight's contestant got that puzzle.   Honestly I think Bellamie put the LANDMINE in FOOD and DRINK.

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2023, 08:12:43 PM »
Yeah, I didn't get the Monday puzzle either, but my dad was able to get it. Also, if she picked the B, it would've been an easy one for the rest of us. :oldlol:
________

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2023, 11:32:09 PM »
2023 has started out interesting for Wheel.   Bonus Land has been on a hot streak.

But this week I think Bellamie was really putting traps in the Bonus Puzzles.   The Thursday puzzle was very hard.   Tonight's puzzle was very hard when the original package showed up. 

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2023, 10:16:23 PM »
First $100,000 win of the season! To some, BUST A MOVE might have been a hard puzzle. I suppose it helped me to have heard of the arcade game.
________

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2023, 12:06:10 AM »
First $100,000 win of the season! To some, BUST A MOVE might have been a hard puzzle. I suppose it helped me to have heard of the arcade game.

...or that famous song from Young M.C.   "Bust A Move."   

I gotta admit, when the RSTLNE was revealed in that puzzle, I had a sinking feeling Preston picked badly with the category pick.   But he picked some smart letters!   He made that hard puzzle look really easy!   He earned that $100,000 in my honest opinion.   That had too many possibilities!

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2023, 08:29:27 AM »
Gosh after Preston hit the $100,000 on Thursday, Bellamie threw toughies the last two Bonus Lands:

THING (Friday): A PECULIAR QUIRK

WHAT ARE YOU DOING (Monday): WAVING MY HANDS

In my honest opinion the Monday puzzle was much harder than the Friday's.