Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune Season 40 (and Celebrity S3) Discussion Thread  (Read 29980 times)

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Wheel of Fortune Season 40 (and Celebrity S3) Discussion Thread
« Reply #165 on: April 19, 2023, 08:36:09 PM »
Is it just me...or is the puzzles for this weeks Bonus Land EXTRA difficult to ace?   Tonight's PHRASE was pretty hard.

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Always ready for that prize reveal...
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #166 on: April 20, 2023, 09:57:54 PM »
Now, that was a fun show! Good Round 1 and a $5,000 Final Spin for $46K before the Bonus Round! Impressive Bonus Round solve, too.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes.

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #167 on: April 20, 2023, 10:46:14 PM »
Now, that was a fun show! Good Round 1 and a $5,000 Final Spin for $46K before the Bonus Round! Impressive Bonus Round solve, too.

CJ Bojangles, you did great!!!!   You even solved a hard Bonus puzzle too and that impressed me.   

I have to ask you...what category were you actually praying for in Bonus Land before settling on EVENT?

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #168 on: April 22, 2023, 01:18:12 AM »
Contestant Drew was on today's show, and his fiancée Meghan was on last season on May 23, 2022. They both won trips, and they both won their games. Drew even took it one step further and solved his bonus puzzle for $45,000!
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #169 on: April 22, 2023, 06:23:15 PM »
CJ Bojangles, you did great!!!!   You even solved a hard Bonus puzzle too and that impressed me.   

I have to ask you...what category were you actually praying for in Bonus Land before settling on EVENT?

Thanks man! Honestly, I don't have any real bonus category preferences other than I'm not dumb enough to pick THING. Before the show I had said I'd pick PHRASE given the opportunity, but after that insane 4th round where I nearly lost the game my brain was pretty much mush. I saw EVENT, thought about all the words ending in ING that could show up in that category (as if that would've helped) and chose it. All turned out okay. ;)

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #170 on: April 23, 2023, 09:42:39 PM »
Thanks man! Honestly, I don't have any real bonus category preferences other than I'm not dumb enough to pick THING. Before the show I had said I'd pick PHRASE given the opportunity, but after that insane 4th round where I nearly lost the game my brain was pretty much mush. I saw EVENT, thought about all the words ending in ING that could show up in that category (as if that would've helped) and chose it. All turned out okay. ;)

If I were a contestant on Wheel of Fortune, I would NOT pick THING(S) OR WHAT ARE YOU DOING.   Both categories are often disasters in Bonus Land.

Cory, up till your episode, WHAT ARE YOU DOING had 7 consecutive losses in Bonus Land, including a painful $100,000 miss.

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #171 on: April 25, 2023, 07:54:23 PM »
Slight spoiler - I think somebody just let a rude word slip through while attempting to solve a puzzle today.  :P
________

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #172 on: April 25, 2023, 09:08:24 PM »
Slight spoiler - I think somebody just let a rude word slip through while attempting to solve a puzzle today.  :P

I caught that too.   

Unfortunately she picked a bad choice for category tonight as it was another stinker!!!   Bellamie really wanted that puzzle lost today.   She set the bait for the Raw Deal List, and it was taken hook line and sinker.

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #173 on: April 26, 2023, 09:55:13 PM »
A tough main game, especially with another Toss-Up with no buzz ins (blame the randomness of the letter reveals).

However, it was fun to watch Pat and Jim Thornton trade places for the Bonus Round.  :-)
________

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #174 on: April 26, 2023, 10:51:56 PM »
A tough main game, especially with another Toss-Up with no buzz ins (blame the randomness of the letter reveals).

However, it was fun to watch Pat and Jim Thornton trade places for the Bonus Round.  :-)

The switch in Bonus Land caught me off guard as well.   That was a first.

I had a feeling QUAINT killed another contestant.   It did.   

I noticed that today's Bonus Land list did NOT include THING(S) OR WHAT ARE YOU DOING.   Interesting list tonight.

Offline jude_este

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #175 on: April 28, 2023, 10:04:43 AM »
Passing along some news BuzzerBlog shared this morning on Twitter that the show is doing a Fan Favorites week from May 8-12, with contestants such as Caitlin Burke and Emil De Leon returning for another shot on the show.
https://www.wheeloffortune.com/win/fan-favorites

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #176 on: May 01, 2023, 08:58:37 PM »
We had a good show tonight.   And one category's futility streak ended in Bonus Land...

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #177 on: May 01, 2023, 10:21:10 PM »
Thursday's Wheel contestant from last week almost won more than was awarded the whole last week of Jeopardy! combined.

If the next four Jeopardy! wins average $18,874 or less (counting $3K in consolation), today's Wheel champ will beat their weekly total.  :P
« Last Edit: May 01, 2023, 10:26:13 PM by mechamind »
________

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #178 on: May 01, 2023, 10:54:59 PM »
When Mike picked WHAT ARE YOU DOING over THING and EVENT...I was like Oh boy.   I personally would have picked EVENT had I'd been there.

Honestly that was a tough puzzle in my honest opinion, but I actually did solve this one.   I'm very glad Mike did too...he ended WHAT ARE YOU DOING's losing streak at 8.   The past 5 taping weeks, this category has had a rough futility streak.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #179 on: May 04, 2023, 11:15:30 PM »
Now THING(S)'s 9 game losing streak ends in Bonus Land.   Oh the O was definitely clutch.   

Interesting both THING(S) AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING end their futility streaks this week.

But yours truly is predicting the Raw Deal list for tomorrow's episode...