Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune Season 40 (and Celebrity S3) Discussion Thread  (Read 29975 times)

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Wheel of Fortune Season 40 (and Celebrity S3) Discussion Thread
« Reply #180 on: May 08, 2023, 04:17:56 PM »
It's Fan Favorites week on Wheel of Fortune this week!   We even have a Celebrity special on Wednesday.

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Always ready for that prize reveal...
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #181 on: May 08, 2023, 09:46:10 PM »
* Blair, the guy from Season 37 with the beard and hilarious interview, continued to make us laugh.  :P
* Caitlin had her moment in Season 28, though she was pretty normal today.
* Christian from the Season 37 College Week made it to the Bonus Round...and picked odd letters again, but for another easy win! Another way to break $100K!  :-D

What happens tomorrow?
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes.

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #182 on: May 08, 2023, 10:08:46 PM »
* Blair, the guy from Season 37 with the beard and hilarious interview, continued to make us laugh.  :P
* Caitlin had her moment in Season 28, though she was pretty normal today.
* Christian from the Season 37 College Week made it to the Bonus Round...and picked odd letters again, but for another easy win! Another way to break $100K!  :-D

What happens tomorrow?

I think Christian picked the right category choice...THING and WHAT ARE YOU DOING must have been harder.   I think picking odd letters have been key to get this puzzle.   I even got this one as well.

I had a feeling the RAW DEAL list was in play.   You guys at Buy A Vowel boards can use this term for Bonus Land.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #183 on: May 09, 2023, 02:11:49 AM »
I actually got a reply from Christian Dixie on Facebook.   

I asked him: What made you decide on PHRASE over THING and WHAT ARE YOU DOING for Bonus Land?

His reply: He felt he had a better shot at PHRASE.   It was a gut instinct.

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #184 on: May 09, 2023, 09:59:31 PM »
Mr. "New Baby Buggy" does a great job again! He solved several puzzles that I couldn't, though I got the bonus puzzle.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #185 on: May 09, 2023, 11:12:14 PM »
Mr. "New Baby Buggy" does a great job again! He solved several puzzles that I couldn't, though I got the bonus puzzle.

When he saw the Raw Deal list for Million Dollar Bonus Land, he said Yuck.   I didn't blame him for saying that but he said PHRASE like I did. 

I actually got the Bonus puzzle too.   I had a hunch Emil did the same and he did solve it.

Interesting THING and WHAT ARE YOU DOING were left in the dust a second consecutive day.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #186 on: May 15, 2023, 08:48:22 PM »
All the Fan Favorites last week avoided WHAT ARE YOU DOING.

Tonight Bob picked it.   I wanted PERSON over THING and WHAT ARE YOU DOING had I’d been there.

Oh that puzzle was a killer.   I didn’t get this and neither did Bob.   INFO got me bad.

I had a hunch Bellamie stuck the LANDMINE in WHAT ARE YOU DOING and I was right.

The Fan Favorites last week did the right thing in avoiding this category in my honest opinion.  I had a feeling this puzzle was in that category last week for Bonus Land.

Offline jude_este

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #187 on: May 16, 2023, 02:48:54 PM »
ABC has renewed Celebrity Wheel of Fortune for a fourth season; given how long the Writers Guild of America strike affecting scripted series lasts, it is slated to air Thursdays and anchor a game show block that includes Press Your Luck and The $100,000 Pyramid.

https://deadline.com/2023/05/abc-leans-into-unscripted-for-strike-contingent-schedule-dancing-with-the-stars-back-on-mondays-as-net-hopes-for-scripted-midseason-including-9-1-1-1235368491/

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #188 on: May 18, 2023, 01:40:46 AM »
Laurie really diffused a LANDMINE WHAT ARE YOU DOING Bonus puzzle tonight.   I have to admit she earned the $40,000.   She is one of the few that was smart to ace this category by avoiding the trap letters!

Bonus Land right now has 74 victories out of 178 shows.   Last season we had 74 total victories in season 39.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #189 on: May 18, 2023, 11:50:10 PM »
Today's episode had some unfortunate moments.    I don't know what Bellamie was thinking with putting a very hard puzzle in PHRASE tonight.   They clearly did NOT want that puzzle won tonight.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #190 on: May 22, 2023, 09:03:54 PM »
We are down to three weeks left in season 40.

Tonight's Bonus Land puzzle was a STINKER!!!!    I thought last Thursday's puzzle was pretty bad, the Friday's THING puzzle was a little worse.   This one on WHAT ARE YOU DOING: this takes the cake and it was impossible.

And WHAT ARE YOU DOING hits 20 losses in Bonus Land Season 40.   THING(S) has 10.

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #191 on: May 22, 2023, 11:27:05 PM »
As jarring as Friday's puzzle was, it was still better than today's puzzle, even if it was also a hard one.

The blue team's interview was kinda funny. The grandfather collects coins from different countries and needs to be careful not to give them away. He and his granddaughter went skydiving for his 70th birthday...but not to collect inheritance early. 8-O
________

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #192 on: May 23, 2023, 01:15:33 AM »
As jarring as Friday's puzzle was, it was still better than today's puzzle, even if it was also a hard one.

I just read the posts on the Buy a Vowel boards.   Looks like some of you had trouble with this WHAT ARE YOU DOING puzzle as well.  Well done Bellamie.   You stumped pretty much all of us with that impossible puzzle.   I hope this is not going to be the norm the last 14 episodes.  The last three WHAT ARE YOU DOING puzzles in Bonus Land were in EXTRA hard mode, but Laurie was the only one that deciphered last Wednesday's puzzle.

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #193 on: May 25, 2023, 07:42:44 PM »
Yesterday there was a puzzle with the word beeper. Earlier this season, college students were asked to identify a flip phone. Puzzle writers, if you’re reading this, feel free to step into this decade at any time.

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #194 on: May 25, 2023, 09:53:35 PM »
I think you missed the point - this week is grandparents/grandchildren, so it's doing more old school puzzles in honor of that.

The college week was probably making light of the fact that flip phones have mostly gone out of style.

And I would watch tonight's show, as one of the puzzles is two famous names that came together a few years ago.