Author Topic: Take Home Bob's Microphone!  (Read 28610 times)

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
Take Home Bob's Microphone!
« on: June 05, 2007, 09:52:39 PM »
John and I are proud to be working directly with Bob Barker in efforts to present one lucky "The Price is Right" fan with a chance of a lifetime.  From now through the evening of Friday, June 15th, you have the opportunity to bid on and win one of Mr. Barker's original corded microphones as he used on TPiR.  All proceeds, 100%, generated through the sale of this microphone will be given to United Activists for Animal Rights -- an organization that is near and dear to Bob's heart.

Link to eBay is below...and feel free to discuss in this thread.

Good luck!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130121981790

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Take Home Bob's Microphone!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 09:55:53 PM »
Even though I sneaked in the (futile) 1st bid.....I'd like to place a small wager that Bob Boden wins with a 4- or 5-digit bid (4- or 5-digit in whole dollars). :lol:

Seriously, though.....it is great that you, Marc, are having the honor to auction off one hell of a legendary item.  I'm also pleased to hear that all of the proceeds are going to a good cause. :-)

Best of luck to all who bids on this item. :-)

Edit:  Yes, my bids, despite them probably being not good enough in the end, are serious.  I'm not fooling around for the hell of it.

Update:  Oh well.....my max bid of $500 got busted a few minutes ago.  I won't go any farther than that.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 09:58:44 PM »
I am willing to bet that towards the end of the auction, the bids will probably be insanely high.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Voltron291

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 10:01:33 PM »
Woohoo - at least I can say I was one of the first four bids for Bob's microphone.  

It's great to see this auction's proceeds go to an organization that Bob is closely affiliated with. It's also fitting that the auction will end shortly after Bob's last show rerun on June 15.

Anyone want to post an over/under on what this might end up going for when this auction ends?

Offline dm

• Walking the Golden Road
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 10:02:06 PM »
I can tell you one thing - a bid of $1 is NOT going to win this one.

Offline junkaholic95

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 10:02:12 PM »
It feels good to see Bob hold the 92-02 mic again.  I wonder what will be the fate of the Q-tip mic?

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 10:05:17 PM »
What happened to Bob's original 1972-1992 microphone?
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Mangioninc

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 10:05:50 PM »
Can I predict it will go for five thousand?

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 10:06:19 PM »
That's an awesome thing to do, Marc.  I wish I could bid, but I don't have that kind of money.  At least one of his mics should go to the TV Hall of Fame or the Museum of TV and Radio in NYC
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline Sizeman

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Walking The Golden Road - after 20 years
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 10:08:30 PM »
Ironic timing on this post...just after I put those pictures of my ECM51 in the other post!

Good luck to all the happy bidders. I'd love to participate but I know this thing will go for at least the 10's of thousands!

Offline mike

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2007, 10:20:11 PM »
I would like to bid, but I don't have that much money. I am glad it's going to a good cause. Good luck!

Offline junkaholic95

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2007, 10:23:55 PM »
<---- So who do you think needs it? :-D

My guess is that it will sell for $15,607.  For the 15 of June, 2007.

(Don't I look great holding that?  Also, I model my own head rather well, don't you think? :-D)

Offline compdude512

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2007, 10:37:25 PM »
Same here...don't have enough money, but want this thing SO BAD!  I would be willing to pay $400 just to get to meet Bob.  Then again, I'd probably faint like Alene, and it'd take forever to get me back!

EDIT: I'd be willing to bet Bob's mic goes for $15,349.90.  Since you guys round up, I'd have to say $15,350!  (Another steal from that HIMYM episode!  :lol:)
"We, in fact, like it when people criticize what we've done on the show because it means you're thinking about the show." -Jamie Hyneman, Mythbusters.

Offline Voltron291

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2007, 10:42:38 PM »
My original guess on what this might go for was the same amount as the biggest winner in daytime Plinko - $23,000.

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2007, 10:49:27 PM »
One Hour In...20 accepted bids so far from eight bidders.

Accepted Opening Bid (by bidding time): $10 by "Bidder 1"
Current High Bid: $510 by "Bidder 8"

This one's going to be a cracker.

CLICK HERE for the full bid history to the moment.