Author Topic: ChatGPT Can Create New Pricing Games  (Read 547 times)

Offline Josh444

• TPiR Alumnus
ChatGPT Can Create New Pricing Games
« on: May 04, 2023, 11:52:53 PM »
I was playing around with ChatGPT, and discovered that the AI software can conceptualize new pricing games. I asked for a new game on The Price is Right called “Stoplight”. Here is what they came up with:

Game Objective: The objective of the game is for the contestant to correctly guess the price of three different prizes without hitting a red light.

Game Setup: The game is played on a game board with three different colored lights: red, yellow, and green. The board has three rows, with each row corresponding to one of the prizes.

Gameplay:

The contestant is shown the first prize and is given a range of prices that it could be.
The contestant then selects a price they believe is correct and pulls a lever to reveal the corresponding light.
If the light is green, the contestant has won the prize and can move on to the next prize. If the light is yellow, the contestant can still move on, but they will lose a portion of their winnings. If the light is red, the game is over.
The contestant then moves on to the second prize, where the process is repeated.
If the contestant successfully guesses the price of all three prizes without hitting a red light, they win all three prizes.
Rules:

The contestant only has one chance to guess the price of each prize.
The range of prices for each prize will be displayed before the game begins.
If the light is yellow, the contestant will lose 25% of their winnings up to that point.
If the light is red, the game is over, and the contestant does not win any prizes.
Prize Selection:
The three prizes for the game could be items of varying values and categories, such as a luxury watch, a vacation package, and a home entertainment system. The prices for each prize will be pre-determined by the show's producers.

Scoring:
If the contestant successfully guesses the price of all three prizes without hitting a red light, they win all three prizes. If they hit a yellow light, they will lose a portion of their winnings up to that point. If they hit a red light, the game is over, and they do not win any prizes.

Overall, "Stoplight" is a thrilling pricing game that tests a contestant's ability to guess prices accurately and take risks. It would make for an exciting addition to "The Price is Right" lineup!

Obviously there are many flaws here. I’m wondering if they can actually come up with a good game somehow! See if you can give it a try.

Offline holein1isawesome

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: ChatGPT Can Create New Pricing Games
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2023, 12:08:04 AM »
Man, what a time to be alive.

This gives me some ideas of my own.